Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 19/11/13

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, storms or both at same time..

Morning everyone, still yet to have a frost this season, I thought I might of got one last night but at 6:50am my car was clear, with the odd spot of rain starting to fall.

It's been rainning all morning at work in Burgess Hill, cold rain the worst of weather for me :(

Posted

That explains the sleet then...Posted Image

Southernman said the roof opposite was white at 5 this morning, whether frost or snow/hail, he doesn't know.I didn't get up till 9 and its been the first day I've stood in the bathroom shivering.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!

This snow is going to miss the Southeast it seems.

Nothing really showing in FI atm either.

I think we need to get into December before we see any white stuff.

Posted

Posted Image

Morning Looby  bet the school run was a bit chillyPosted Image got a guy putting a liner down my chimney...I think he may have to wait a while...chucking it down at the mo.  Looked like is was supposed to get sunny and bright this afternoon but with this squall line coming down it might not be the case.

Posted

got a guy putting a liner down my chimney..

Blimey, must be a big chimney....

Posted Image

• Like 3

Posted

just been outside, cold with sleety/icy rain falling, everywhere is wet and the light is very dim.in all, a miserable day.good that i have a nice chicken, vegetable, and pearl barley stew on for tonight.

Posted
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL

Squall line going through MK at present, strong gusty winds, hail & the occasional flake of wet snow falling.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Rain, rain and more rain, at least it looks like it's almost past according to raintoday, enjoy some brightness before the wind swings north east and buries us in cloud for the next eternity Posted Image

Posted

Squall line going through MK at present, strong gusty winds, hail & the occasional flake of wet snow falling.

The squall line appears to be weakening and breaking up as it approaches NW London. Currently 5.9c here but much milder further south and west I see.

Getting darker by the minute here as I type so perhaps a brief spell of interesting weather nearby.

Edited:

While whats left of the squall line is clearly heading south east on the radar, low level cloud here is scuttling across at a fair rate of knots in a north easterly direction.

Edited by Bluebreezer54

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: lots of snow and cold crisp mornings! thunder storms!

Morning Looby  bet the school run was a bit chillyPosted Image got a guy putting a liner down my chimney...I think he may have to wait a while...chucking it down at the mo.  Looked like is was supposed to get sunny and bright this afternoon but with this squall line coming down it might not be the case.

Morning, indeed it was i'm yet to warm up! I have the heating on a blanket round me and a hot cuppa and im still shivering! I was going to run into town but I think i'll give it a miss! yes im beginning to think the sunny bright afternoon will be a miss I can almost be certain it will be freezing cold rain dead on 3pm Posted Image still the ducks seem to like it they are running mad round the garden!  I hope they manage to do your chimney ok!

Cold. Wet. Miserable. Posted Image

I see you have met my inlaws...Posted Image

• Like 5

Posted

I see you have met my inlaws...Posted Image

Lol, sorry to hear that. :D

Just had the squall line pass through here.  Ripped the remainder of the leaves from my cherry tree, they were blow horizontal.  Accompanied by hailstones.  Little ones. :)

• Like 1

Posted

My friend's tortoise which hibernates on the surface in mild winters and deep down in cold winters, went to hibernate in October, she just checked on him, and he is buried very very deep.Posted ImagePosted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: lots of snow and cold crisp mornings! thunder storms!

My friend's tortoise which hibernates on the surface in mild winters and deep down in cold winters, went to hibernate in October, she just checked on him, and he is buried very very deep.Posted ImagePosted Image

just felt the need then to sing teenage mutant ninja turtles ... its going to be one of those days! Posted Image lets just hope the turtle is right Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

Heavy rain, wind, thunder..... we've just had it here at work in Hatfield. Not often it's enough to make people stop what they are doing and take a look outside

• Like 2

Posted

http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/drama_as_taxi_smashes_into_a_cafe_in_gorleston_high_street_1_3020718

this is our local breaking news, i wonder if ice was involved, those who know Gorleston, there is a kind of slip road right by there off the main road.

Posted

Finally got my six off for hibernation last week, little tinkers were having none of it...

• Like 2

Posted

Just had some snow in St Albans, started as hail then sleet then snow. Quite heavy with a slight bit of white on grass and cars. Almost stopped now.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Thunder here in Watford, I had to look on here to make sure I wasn't delusional. Not seen any snow though.

Edit: just looked outside to see it snowing!!

Edited by Mesoscale
  • Like 3

Posted

A loud rumble of thunder here in Nw London and strong gusty winds, rainfall not too heavy at the moment but it's gone very dark. Don't you just love Mother nature ? Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted

Latest NW radar:

post-6667-0-65937000-1384947794_thumb.pn

SatRep:

Posted Image

Met O satellite shows the front quite clearly:

Posted Image

• Like 1