Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 19/11/13

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Reigate Grammar School weather station readings (taken at c.96m asl):

Temp +3.4c.  Dp +2.6c.

Which looks like a big no for snow.

Of course I am 9 metres higher than that here, and then another 15 metres higher if I go to the top of the house.  I am wondering whether that extra altitude will make all the difference.....Posted Image

Edited by abruzzi spur
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Reigate Grammar School weather station readings (taken at c.96m asl):

Temp +3.4c.  Dp +2.6c.

Which looks like a big no for snow.

Of course I am 9 metres higher than that here, and then another 15 metres higher if I go to the top of the house.  I am wondering whether that extra altitude will make all the difference.....Posted Image

In these marginal events you never know

Make sure you where sensible shoes if you go on the roof and take some pics ? Posted Image

• Like 3

Posted

In these marginal events you never know

Make sure you where sensible shoes if you go on the roof and take some pics ? Posted Image

Crampons and ice-axe at the ready! (always unnerves the neighbours does an ice-axe......)

• Like 2

Posted

Let's do a round up of temps and dew points?

Posted Image

Posted Image

I am wondering whether that extra altitude will make all the difference.....Posted Image

Anything's worth a try:

Posted Image

Edited by Coast
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

can someone plz remind me how I put a pic on here plz

Edited by Jo S
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

I asked a question in the Mod thread regarding what effect down the line for us. If the North East of America gets extreme cold and snow. Got a reply saying that is not a.good pattern for us. What kind of pattern would we be looking in for the USA, for it to benefit us with cold and snow down the line.

Answers PeasePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

The chances are high that with bitterly cold air coming out of the Canadian arctic then this would very much invigorate the jet stream, fuelling low pressure systems coming out of the US seaboard into the atlantic and leading to unsettled wet and windy weather over here. That is a simple generalisation and there can be exceptions to the rule depending on how flat or amplified the jet stream is - but quite often cold weather in that part of the NH is not the best signal for this side of the atlantic. Hope that helpsPosted Image

I've just driven back from the New Forest and encountered this squall line whilst on the M27/A27 that everyone has been commenting on.  It made for an 'interesting' drive to be sure and with the darkness, spray, torrential rain and hail that came with it, I found sanctuary at a service station for 20 minutes or so and allowed it to move on as it was a bit too lairy for me to keep driving. There appeared to be some kind of shelf cloud thingy with the squall...although my eyes were mostly squinted straight ahead of me rather than taking in too many cloud structural observations Posted Image

After that, the final 5 miles of my journey took me well over an hour as a road block and closure meant a diversion that all the other traffic wanted to follow tooPosted Image

Edited by Tamara תָּמָר
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Towel officially thrown in for the rest of the month, hopefully December will bring renewed hope.

I hope this settled spell actually brings some sunshine, frost and maybe a little fog.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: dry sunny average summers and really cold snowy winters
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level

heres a video for you lot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6WZeKFHGkM

I am working on more videos and will post them as I finish

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

Temp here is a barmy 5.6c dp 3c  not cold enough for the white stuff as yet

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Thundery or Cold & Snowy

The odd sleety blob coming down in the rain over Reading currently. Hoping we catch something overnight when the temp drops a bit more

Posted

Temp now at 1 and a dew point of -0.9Posted Image

radar still looking good and a nice blob just of the coast of Lowestoft..

A few surprises tonight i think, they already have a mix of snow,sleet hail and thunder arround the Yorkshire areaPosted Image

Posted

Towel officially thrown in for the rest of the month, hopefully December will bring renewed hope.

I hope this settled spell actually brings some sunshine, frost and maybe a little fog.

I'd take that. Would be seasonal.

Although I'd like my snow over the xmas period, make it all festive like, don't want it too early. My memories of snow usually are from January, Februaury, so I'll not be too bothered if we get the above scenario. 

• Like 1

Posted

Plz once again could someone remind me how to upload a pic on here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Fax charts have a trough under my corner more or less right through, so I'm thinking cloudy/showery.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

Plz once again could someone remind me how to upload a pic on here

Hi Jo - Go to 'More reply options' then select 'Browse' in the caption that is provided. This will take you to the area where you select your link to download from. Click on the item to download into the 'Attach files' caption and then click on 'Attach this file'. You can then click into the reply box to fit your post where you need to. Good luck - hope it helps!Posted Image

Edited by Tamara תָּמָר
  • Like 2

Posted

Hi Jo - Go to 'More reply options' then select 'Browse' in the caption that is provided. This will take you to the area where you select your link to download from. Click on the item to download into the 'Attach files' caption and then click on 'Attach this file'. You can then click into the reply box to fir your post where you need to. Good luck - hope it helps!Posted Image

Thankyou so much x

• Like 1

Posted

heres a video for you lot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6WZeKFHGkM

I am working on more videos and will post them as I finish

Hi BuS, thanks again for the local conditions tips you gave me last March when I was heading to St Andrews and got lots of advice from you and your co-Scottish thread posters.  Nice to see you in our neck of the woods!

AS

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Got caught in another shower as I left work around 4.45ish. Cleared for now, but feels warmer than what it has been all day...

Current temp 6c and DP 2c.

Just been reading up on the weather forecast for our holiday to Lapland next month... God it's cold highest temp in the next 2 weeks is -2 with a windchill of -18... 😱

Edited by LeighD

Posted
Posted · Hidden by Jo S, November 20, 2013 - just did it wrong
Hidden by Jo S, November 20, 2013 - just did it wrong

This is what someone put on FB today, they said its very thermal and warm , she's now ready for the snow

Posted Image1456948_758152584199647_1522603761_n.jpg

This is what someone put on FB today, they said its very thermal and warm , she's now ready for the snow