Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 19/11/13

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Every year we've had a colder than a usually mild winter, we've had tons of berries on the bushes and tree's! Now you could say this was just because the year was good for growth, but this year there is alot of it! This year reminds me of Pre 2010!

By the way the temp has just dropped alot and we've just had sleety and hail ;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy, windy, cold.

Friends in Chiswick/Great west road area reported flash of lightning and hail, bit of sleet earlier.Had heavy rain here at C Wharf,but didnt notice any thunder or lightning... pretty dark looking outside, a tad green looking, odd light cast by the skyscrapers no doubt!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Squall line going through MK at present, strong gusty winds, hail & the occasional flake of wet snow falling.

Yes can confirm that - I was getting my hair done at the time (I'd insisted that I sat so I could see out of the window much to my hairdressers amusement) I think we had a bit of everything here....what I would describe as a 'wintry mix'

post-10773-0-50620900-1384953125_thumb.j

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather extremes

No hail, sleet or wet snow here. Just a small display of leaves flying past the window and some moderate rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: lots of snow and cold crisp mornings! thunder storms!

sudden darkness  gust of wind and very heavy rain I had to squint really hard but I definitely saw a bit of hail in there Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted

sudden darkness  gust of wind and very heavy rain I had to squint really hard but I definitely saw a bit of hail in there Posted Image

Its ok you will see it easier at 3pm  when your out there in itPosted Image

Edited by blackprince

Posted

Its ok you will see it easier at 3pm  when your out there with in itPosted Image

I have to leave at 2pm to get my youngest then straight up to the school to get my other two, Ill be out for 2 hours walking in it Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

I have to leave at 2pm to get my youngest then straight up to the school to get my other two, Ill be out for 2 hours walking in it Posted Image

It looks like its stopping now,wrap up warm, no jumping in the big puddles with your wellies onPosted Image

Posted

We had 10 mins of sleet in Hemel Hempstead after the squall line came through. Sun is out now. Hopefully some of the showers in the North will make it down here tonight, could get a dusting if they do

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Squall line moving through rye as i type

Posted

I have to say squall lines are right up there as one of my favourite weather events here in the UK. Once they set up It's fascinating watching them on radar and being able to plot their progress. They sweep through at a rapid rate, but you just know they are going to deliver some interesting weather for that brief time.

Blue skies and sunshine here now but the temperature has dropped to 2.6c, from the high of 6.6c just before the squall passed through.

Edited by Bluebreezer54
  • Like 4

Posted

All blown through now and no snow, hail or sleet, but was this Mammatus on the back edge?

post-6667-0-28211400-1384954785_thumb.jp post-6667-0-69499800-1384954792_thumb.jp

• Like 3

Posted

It looks like its stopping now,wrap up warm, no jumping in the big puddles with your wellies onPosted Image

oh! you caught me! Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

That was a fun squall line earlier, sudden heavy rain, very gusty winds and and a crack of thunder :) Was over quickly and saw no snow, but chilly now at 3.6C

Posted

Temp dropped back now in Reigate, +3.8c and the sun is starting to break through.

Got the underfloor heating on in the kitchen where I am working today, Rest of the house feels very chilly (lovely old windows, not the most energy efficient) but it's warm enough here - I am trying to justify it on the basis that it might be cheaper than running the main heating in several rooms.  Probably doesn't stack up, does it....  Feels nice underfoot though!

AS

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Clear blue skies here now.  Current temp 4c

Posted

Beautiful blue sky now and the sun out. If it wasn't for the fact that I'm wearing 2 pairs of socks, thermals and jumpers and I've still got a cold nose,  I'd say it looked like a lovely summers day out the window.

Edited by tadpole
  • Like 5

Posted

Temp all over the place at home - at noon it was 6'C, then within 15 minutes it dropped to 4'C where it stayed till just gone 2PM where it's now climbing again and at 5.4'C. 6.3mm rain today though, not an insignificant amount.

Edited by SteveCoops

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy winters

I asked a question in the Mod thread regarding what effect down the line for us. If the North East of America gets extreme cold and snow. Got a reply saying that is not a.good pattern for us. What kind of pattern would we be looking in for the USA, for it to benefit us with cold and snow down the line.

Answers PeasePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted

I asked a question in the Mod thread regarding what effect down the line for us. If the North East of America gets extreme cold and snow. Got a reply saying that is not a.good pattern for us. What kind of pattern would we be looking in for the USA, for it to benefit us with cold and snow down the line.

Answers PeasePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Ask in the Mod thread oh sorry you havePosted Image  ....too busy shouting at each other to answer.Should get someone sensible on here to answer....sorry not sensible enough to answer myselfPosted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Temp all over the place at home - at noon it was 6'C, then within 15 minutes it dropped to 4'C where it stayed till just gone 2PM where it's now climbing again and at 5.4'C. 6.3mm rain today though, not an insignificant amount.

Yes same here too.  Temp risen to 6c now. I would of thought with the clear skies, the temps would struggle to rise.

Well if we keep the clear skies, we should hopefully get a frosy / icy night..