Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 19/11/13

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

Posted Image1456948_758152584199647_1522603761_n.jpg

This is what someone put on FB today, they said its very thermal and warm , she's now ready for the snow

ok ignore the pic didn't appear, I give up, sorry Posted Image

Posted

Temperature is rising - now up to 3.7c, dewpoint at 2,6c

Never mind being on my roof tonight, it looks like i might need to be on the top of Leith Hill! (where the Tower was built to take the whole thing just above the magic 1000 feet above sea level mark)

I confess I have driven there on a snow hunt when we used to love in south west London and there was no snow there, but there was a level 4 inches or so out in the Surrey Hills.   Not sure that will happen tonight though (either the drive or the level 4 inches!)

AS

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

ok ignore the pic didn't appear, I give up, sorry Posted Image

Have you got the pic in one of your own files Jo? Or are you trying to download it from another source? (i,e FB page) Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Towel officially thrown in for the rest of the month, hopefully December will bring renewed hope.I hope this settled spell actually brings some sunshine, frost and maybe a little fog.

In all honesty mate, I will be happy for the time being if we get a nice spell of frost and fog. I can wait for the snow for a few more weeks yet...But I understand your frustration, at one point the models were looking very promising ðŸ˜
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny; chilly and sunny; thunderstorms; extreme

Last night i dreamt I went skiing with Britney Spears. I think this means we are in for some snow.

The best bit was the Apres ski , but I cant go into that on here Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

just looking at the radar looks like I'm about to get freezing rain herePosted Image Posted Image

What temp have you got where you are Tom? I take it they are not rising, like here....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Yea temperature on the rise here now 2.9 DP 0.5, was looking promising an hour ago temp was down to 2 and DP was down to -0.6. Ah well never mind.

Confused are those showers another warm front?

Posted

This is a good chart from the RGS website showing the sudden effect of the squall line passing through earlier today:

post-3098-0-23202300-1384972649_thumb.pn

Rain easing off here and temperature and dewpoint just starting to edge down again, but still not by enough for snow I don't think (3.6c and 2.4c respectively)

AS

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Centre of the low pressure contains a warm sector which will flirt East Anglia & Kent, this will have a subsequent impact on the surrounding area, I expect snowfall (if any at all) to fall to the NW of London through to Oxford. The problem lies with thickness and dew points which will be well above the threshold for snow.  

Posted

Does anyone know Where can I get current temps and dew doints from? Tried local weather station but its telling me to download lots of things? I'm sure someone on this lovely thread told me about a good site last year. Thanks : )

Posted

Does anyone know Where can I get current temps and dew doints from? Tried local weather station but its telling me to download lots of things? I'm sure someone on this lovely thread told me about a good site last year. Thanks : )

I tend to use Wunderground there are usually quite a few weather stations dotted around.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Easygoing, but winter is meant to be white, dammit!

Could be very wrong, but I swear i'm seeing some wet snow mixed in with the rain here in Gidea Park.  Certainly feels cold enough out there.

• Like 1

Posted

I tend to use Wunderground there are usually quite a few weather stations dotted around.

That's great thanks : )
  • Like 1

Posted

Have you got the pic in one of your own files Jo? Or are you trying to download it from another source? (i,e FB page) Posted Image

its saved in my pics

Posted

its saved in my pics

it was on FB but I saved it in my pics

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Centre of the low pressure contains a warm sector which will flirt East Anglia & Kent, this will have a subsequent impact on the surrounding area, I expect snowfall (if any at all) to fall to the NW of London through to Oxford. The problem lies with thickness and dew points which will be well above the threshold for snow.  

I don't flirt with warm sectors, they're not my type. And I hate thicknesses whether mental or meteorological.

But seriously, we'll get nowt until after Christmas, when the strat warming downwells.

post-8078-0-24710400-1384974590_thumb.gi

Posted

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

watch the lot over sunderland

the air is colder and will be running the colder wind direction

thats when to lamp post watch if heavy enough precipitation fall

http://www.xcweather.co.uk/

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Instead of lampost watching I will be using the LED on my phone as the lamposts are shut off at 12am, unless that lot gets down sooner.