Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 19/11/13

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

I popped in the Mad thread earlier and quickly gave it a swerve, thankfully there are far less toys and prams in our friendly regional thread. Now down to 0c here, a nippy old night ahead with the possibility of a few snowflakes tomorrow it seems.

Great work from Tom and Chris re the Snow Depth Cup Competition season 2013/2014.Posted Image

Reading between the lines - the odd one of us has tried to help in that respect and make a difference.

Well done indeed to Tom and Chris for their work on the Snow CupPosted Image ,

Edited by Tamara תָּמָר
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Yep feeling the chill.Radiator always off in bedroom cant stick it.In fact so far I am trying out turning every rad off upstairs.Think we may get some flakes tomm night but I will be asleep.

I've still got all my rads off, not felt cold yet. Not sure why this house is so warm in cold weather, hopefully it means my heating bill will be much less this winter.

• Like 1

Reading between the lines - the odd one of us has tried to help in that respect and make a difference.

Well done indeed to Tom and Chris for their work on the Snow CupPosted Image ,

Tom has put me on a probationary contract until he sees the spreadsheet and should I really be making him constant cups of tea and driving down to Croydon.Posted Image

i am sure you will all be pleased to know that I have now hooked up two Z81 Spectrums so it can snow from now until MarchPosted Image

• Like 7

Posted

I've still got all my rads off, not felt cold yet. Not sure why this house is so warm in cold weather, hopefully it means my heating bill will be much less this winter.

The Dome hasn't come to Dover has it Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Tom has put me on a probationary contract until he sees the spreadsheet and should I really be making him constant cups of tea and driving down to Croydon.Posted Image

i am sure you will all be pleased to know that I have now hooked up two Z81 Spectrums so it can snow from now until MarchPosted Image

I bet you regret not upgrading to the Vic-20. No SLI with the Z61s then, or indeed a graphics card...

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)
Now
Posted Image
Clear
Temperature
-0.1 Â°C
Feels Like 0 Â°C
Wind(km/h)
Sunrise / Set
7:27 AM
4:06 PM
Moon
Waning Gibbous

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

The Dome hasn't come to Dover has it Posted Image

probably lol, mostly undercut lows drop snow here by local accounts.

Posted

Posted Image

so wintry showers-snow expected from around 6pm on tomorrow

who gets what and where?

lamp post time Posted Image

will it lay anywhere is the question

• Like 1

Posted

Chris, today's key piece of legal advice is that a contract for slavery is illegal and unenforceable

Tom, you should have known better.  Sentencing will follow once I have received the necessary reports.......

AS

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Posted Image

Posted Image

12Z had the snow for that time near the cotswolds, now Herts area... Oh i do love the intra run volatility. Be a case of watching the radar, and watching temperatures and dewpoints along with upper air by late afternoon as could be some wet snow falling for some areas, especially with elevation. 

• Like 2

Posted

Now
Posted Image
Clear
Temperature
-0.1 Â°C
Feels Like 0 Â°C
Wind(km/h)
Sunrise / Set
7:27 AM
4:06 PM
Moon
Waning Gibbous

"Waning Gibbous"

At 9C in the bedroom, I wouldn't be surprised if it is.  Posted Image

Edited by stun12

Posted

hi mark

its take your pick who and where gets what

nothing new there then Posted Image

Its almost as if snow is easy to forecast!! Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms,Hot `n` sunny!

As long as i`m indoors before anything starts falling tomorrow, it`s bad enough enduring the cold,my poor fingers today were frozen!

Posted

Posted Image

so wintry showers-snow expected from around 6pm on tomorrow

who gets what and where?

lamp post time Posted Image

will it lay anywhere is the question

I'm out getting drunk tomorrow night so will have to update my many feet of snow quite late :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny; chilly and sunny; thunderstorms; extreme

NERD ALERT: I believe there was no such machine as the Z81 Spectrum; the ZX81 and the ZX Spectrum were consecutive but crumby powerhouses of the early 80s computing scene gracing many young boys bedrooms.  Some of us even had a 1k plug in RAM and a tape deck Posted Image

Posted

0.2oc Here

no heating in the bedroom, it is curl up and die heat in that room here.

I'm going to make you feel suicidal.

My little wood-burning stove in our bedroom is burning away and making it as warm as toast. If we damp it down it'll burn all night and it's the best idea I had when we rebuilt our house. It used to be in the annex, but I lived in an old Edwardian house as a kid with coal fires in every bedroom and always longed to go to sleep watching the flames flickering on the wall again. So I got the builders to put it in the 'winter bedroom' as we call it.

What is really cute is my little terrier watches my every move when I'm lighting it as he loves it too. Soooo cosy.

Edited by Iceni
  • Like 4

Posted

As long as i`m indoors before anything starts falling tomorrow, it`s bad enough enduring the cold,my poor fingers today were frozen!

Bet is was cold on your bike, it brought back memories last night of my time on a bike....some toe rag broke into my car yesterday while it was parked in staff car park,smashed side window and stole sat nav which I have since found out is not covered by fully comp insurancePosted Image Posted Image .Had to drive home last night with cold wind blowing round my ears.Posted Image

Posted

I'm going to make you feel suicidal.

My little wood-burning stove in our bedroom is burning away and making it as warm as toast. If we damp it down it'll burn all night and it's the best idea I had when we rebuilt our house. It used to be in the annex, but I lived in an old Edwardian house as a kid with coal fires in every bedroom and always longed to go to sleep watching the flames flickering on the wall - very relaxing - so I got the builders to put it in the 'winter bedroom' as we call it.

Soooo cosy.

Got a woodburner being installed in the morning.....make sure you have a carbon monoxide alarm put in (law now for new install's) in case something goes wrong like blocked flue etc...

Posted

saturday

Posted Image

a north easterly flow

Posted Image

temps still low around 5-6 degrees

rainfall

Posted Image

looks dry

but do not but surprised to see the far eastern coasts and kent coasts under cloudy drizzly murk

will be a sunny interval day

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

saturday night

cold

frosty

be aware fog may become an issue

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sunday

Posted Image

a north easterly weak flow

temps

Posted Image

just a tad higher

around 8-10 degrees

rain

Posted Image

looks dry

however cloudcover looks the call today

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ukmo at 144

Posted Image

looks dry

a north west flow

temps around 10 degrees