Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion 19/11/2013 --->

Nick L

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Still nowt interesting happening??? Bleugh!

It went dark and hopefully it will come light again in the morning.Then it's rinse and repeat again for evermore if not sooner.Other than that it's mild cloudy muck, probably the most uninteresting type of weather this country can throw at us.Hopefully a bit more of a seasonal feel at weekend and cautious optimism of a few wintry days towards the end of next week but nothing to get over excited about is showing at the moment.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Well that means it might be the winter we will never forget then....opposites to tend to attract!! Meaning, when we go on and on about snow and the big freeze coming it doesnt happen, then say nowt, all quiet on the western front, well in our case north western front :) and it takes us by suprise! Heres hoping.

Posted

Hope may spring eternal...

If this...

Posted Image

Is showing the same this time next week, we could be a lively forum again....

...but it's the Pub run on an absolute bender, and will no doubt wake up with a steaming hangover in the next few days and end up being watered down somewhat.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, warm weather not too hot, floods, storms

As I look out of the window, it is foggy here. Atleast it is felt more like winter out there. :-)

Posted

Pea soup here too!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, warm weather not too hot, floods, storms

Happy Thanksgiving Day!! The fog just lifted here somewhat. Oh well. I thought it was going to be like that today but no, the weather has to change its mind as usual. I prefer fog over cloudy, drizzly skies. Its more seasonal.

Edited by pip22

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Miserable day here.

Don't know as I've been stuck inside all day.I hate short winter days as I go to work in the dark and come home in it but hopefully a dry weekend and I can out and do some walking.Surprised this morning as all indications were that it would be mild but had to scrape a bit of frost off the windscreen before I went to work.
  • Like 1

Posted

Cold and windy here.

Some of those gusts are intense.

Edited by itsnowjoke

Posted

Freezing and very very windy here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Mild on paper here at 8.1°C; But there is a keen north-westerly wind blowing making it feel much colder. It's not very strong here where I am, a mile and a half inland, but down on the beach it was a near gale earlier. 

Pressure: 1023.1 mB and falling slowly. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms and snow

Chris - Its' really windy here in Wallasey and absolutely freezing in that wind. I went out about 2 hours ago and it was quite mild but very windy and now that wind chill is brrrrrrrrrr

Posted

Still a long way off and not going to last long but this is one for us : http://modeles.meteociel.fr/modeles/gfs/runs/2013112912/gfs-0-180.png?12

Reminds me of 16th december 2011 that does we got a nice bit of snow from that

Posted

Reminds me of 16th december 2011 that does we got a nice bit of snow from that

Yep, better uppers likely this time if it verifies of course. Have I seen too many topplers in my time ? Surprised a few knowledgeable sorts in the MO thread can't read the charts.

Posted

Yep, better uppers likely this time if it verifies of course. Have I seen too many topplers in my time ? Surprised a few knowledgeable sorts in the MO thread can't read the charts.

It's not set in stone yet Ian, yes we'll be looking at 2-3 days of cold uppers and the potential of snow for many of us in the NW. It's the thereafter which I'm sceptical about, as I see no return to a westerly based Atlantic onslaught or a benign mild set up like we have now. The upstream pattern is certainly not following any scripts for a west based QBO and a strong PV.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Ian, agree about a toppler at best, GFS 12Z gives our locations snow on 6th and 7th, but then turns mild from the west

the Xmas Day '04 one was good

anybody elses model names being underlined but non clickable? never seen it before

Edited by IrememberAtlantic252

Posted

Ian, agree about a toppler at best, GFS 12Z gives our locations snow on 6th and 7th, but then turns mild from the west

the Xmas Day '04 one was good

anybody elses model names being underlined but non clickable? never seen it before

Yes, Paul posted earlier that if you hover over them it will tell you what they are. Good idea really for new members who are learning.

Anyways, to the Models and its looking great for our area, with zero mild weather in sight too, which is always a bonus.

Posted

Yes, Paul posted earlier that if you hover over them it will tell you what they are. Good idea really for new members who are learning.

Anyways, to the Models and its looking great for our area, with zero mild weather in sight too, which is always a bonus.

oh yes, never saw Paul's post, tells you name of model, wasn't sure if it was just firefox

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Over 600 users reading the model thread atm! 

Going by the latest ECM with uppers of at least -8 °C we could see some violent irish sea convective showers/storms late next week if it verified, and the possibility of poler low formation, which would probably berry us, or me at least!.

Ramp over lol. 

• Like 2

Posted

I was one of the 600 viewers just now lol

• Like 1

Posted

Gibby, I tend to ignore, but his ECM summary is surely misleading mentioning snow on just hills in the north

but there again, Gibby used the S word! so it looks mighty cold

• Like 1