Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 25/11/13

Snowangel-MK

Posted

I dropped Mr P off at work earlier and did a couple of hours Chringlemas shopping to get him some stocking fillers (he isn't a cross dresser...you all know what I mean) it's really dreary here so a bit of retail therapy (and some lunch) later I'm feeling brighter even if the weather isn't....now where to hide all this stuff so no one finds it !

in a stocking???? :p

is it time to go home yet? with all this dull weather about its already feeling like 5 in the afternoon. still, least its not double figure mild too... oh hang on a sec.. :rolleyes:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

in a stocking???? Posted Image

is it time to go home yet? with all this dull weather about its already feeling like 5 in the afternoon. still, least its not double figure mild too... oh hang on a sec.. Posted Image

No stockings,,,just fluffy socks (without high heels if your reading this Floatylight) and not double figures here either, it's 8 deg C 

I know what you mean, it must be time for a coffee break though even if it isn't home time yet !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental. Dry air, storms and snow.

Nice Calm weather, even though it is a bit dull. No wind, thats the main thing - HATE wet, mild, windy rubbish with a passion!!

I'd take this all winter, with say, three good dumps of snow to break up the montomy? that would be OK Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

yes please. black no sugar and strong enough that the spoon stands up in it Posted Image

I've just made mine,.....not quite that strong though but black and unsweetened the way coffee should be !

I swear it's got darker in the last half hour - have you been sending your dark clouds this way ?

Nice Calm weather, even though it is a bit dull. No wind, thats the main thing - HATE wet, mild, windy rubbish with a passion!!

I'd take this all winter, with say, three good dumps of snow to break up the montomy? that would be OK Posted Image

Three dumps is okay with me, December, January and February as long as they are big ones and there is no thaw in between dumps Posted Image

Posted

I've just made mine,.....not quite that strong though but black and unsweetened the way coffee should be !

I swear it's got darker in the last half hour - have you been sending your dark clouds this way ?

yep and yep :p

Byeee :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny; chilly and sunny; thunderstorms; extreme

I know what you mean, it must be time for a coffee break though even if it isn't home time yet !

I'll have mine black and strong thanks, just like my women Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

yep and yep Posted Image

Byeee Posted Image

Posted Image byee - thanks for popping in Posted Image

I'll have mine black and strong thanks, just like my women Posted Image

Posted Image

Back to the weather I think.......

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Morning all. Bjay sorry to hear about Pepper. I will be a mess when my dog dies. I have been suffering from flu and feel pants. Looking at the charts and comments made I am hopeful we will see an end to this dull dross soon.

In the summer the news had a feature about a man who had written books about old weather law and he had written to the queen to predict her jubilee weather for the pageant on the river a month before it happened and supposedly got the weather right. Anyway he predicted that there would be snow on the ground boxing day and we would still have snow on the ground at easter. It will be interesting to see if he was right. He based his prediction totally on weather law sayings passed down from generation to generation.

Off to dose up on flu tabs now and sleep catch you all later have a good day.

Dave King - I read that in the Times and although he was completely wrong about October (he said very cold) let's hope he's right about the weather from Boxing Day to Easter - sounds like another 1963 from his forecast exactly as it started snowing at 6 on Boxing Day evening in 1962

Thanks MK, life throws a few curve balls at you every now and then, but it's important to deal with them and carry on,  best wishes to both you and Lobby with the scans, I'm sure they will be fine. As for me, get xmas over and then I don't think it will be long before we get another dog, they are so loyal and loving and such good company regardless of the kind of day you've hadPosted Image

Thanks Snow Queen and hope you feel better soonPosted Image

Absolutely the best thing to do. I lasted just 4 days without William and then got a Shooting Times and found my Louis who was related to William but a totally different character although they were the same Black Labradors. Louis helped me get over my loss so well... I felt a bit guilty, but I was miserable without "my little boyfriend" as my mother used to call William, we were devoted to each other.

Louis ==========>

post-8078-0-61870100-1385652777_thumb.jp

Edited by Iceni
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Evening all, taking cover and hell breaks loose in the MAD thread Posted Image

CFS time

Posted Image

Posted Image

Precipitation - (-1) - high pressure close by, any rain would be pretty light

Temperature - (0) - alternating mild and cool sectors, call that average overall.

Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

I see you're about Chris.

If that 12z GFS is right, we could well be calling in the Pools Panel for the first part of December at least,

in the Snow Depth Cup.

Tom.

• Like 1

Posted

Working tonight to take bets on Europa League football.

Snowing in Tromso, where Tottenham are playing. Tromso must be the most northern side in the Europa League, inside the Arctic Circle of course.

If you want a bit of a snow fix, tune into ITV4 now!

Tom.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

Working tonight to take bets on Europa League football.

Snowing in Tromso, where Tottenham are playing. Tromso must be the most northern side in the Europa League, inside the Arctic Circle of course.

If you want a bit of a snow fix, tune into ITV4 now!

Tom.

I much prefer hockey myself Tomasino - or at least I did at school. It would have to be ice hockey in Tromso though to enjoy the snow but I ditched my shoulder pads back in the 80's!Posted Image

• Like 3

Posted

I much prefer hockey myself Tomasino - or at least I did at school. It would have to be ice hockey in Tromso though to enjoy the snow but I ditched my shoulder pads back in the 80's!Posted Image

I bet you played on the wing Tamarina and were a nippy, leggy filly? Mind you your snow conditions can be quite impressive down Hastings way, I've heard that they are thinking of holding World Cup skiing on Firehills, is this true?

Tom.

• Like 1

Posted

I bet you played on the wing Tamarina and were a nippy, leggy filly? Mind you your snow conditions can be quite impressive down Hastings way, I've heard that they are thinking of holding World Cup skiing on Firehills, is this true?

Tom.

I know you are dealing with lots of different betting sports here..but hockey and horses don't usually go hand in hand. The closest thing I can think of is poloPosted Image

I'm not sure that the 575 ft elevation of the Country Park in Hastings would prove too much of a challenge for World Cup skiersPosted Image Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

I must admit that the MAD thread reminds me of the House of Commons with poor old Phil as the speaker shouting 'Order Order Order' Posted Image

Just looked there, based on your posting. I got to page 107, then thought I'd look at the complete GFS update. Definitely the op run is bound to cause the usual griping, with others saying words like outlier / GFS is crap / FI / wait for ECM / no easy way through the Atlantic ridge etc. :lol:

Off to have a laugh. Posted Image Hopefully people won't start slagging each other off though...

Posted

Just looked there, based on your posting. I got to page 107, then thought I'd look at the complete GFS update. Definitely the op run is bound to cause the usual griping, with others saying words like outlier / GFS is crap / FI / wait for ECM / no easy way through the Atlantic ridge etc. Posted Image

Off to have a laugh. Posted Image Hopefully people won't start slagging each other off though...

I don't see what the huge excitement is about - this is set to be a toppling mid atlantic ridge and it will likely produce little wintry ppn down here anyway Posted Image

The 12z ECM looks more realistic this evening that it did this morning (alas) The pattern is probably already set to flatten out by day 9/10.

Posted Image

Edited by Tamara תָּמָר
  • Like 1

Posted

Indeed Ian and you cant get much further north than that. Ah super Arsenal, my son and daughter are Gooners.

Anyway, still a bit of snow about in Tromso but not in North London or indeed Croydon....just to keep on topic!

Tom.

Posted

Edit: We squeeze an extra day out before the jet stream starts to roll over the top of the High. Another UK/mid latitude High probably by day 10/11. That is taking the ECM at face value - of course. I doubt it will be too much different in reality come the time

Posted Image

Edited by Tamara תָּמָר
  • Like 1

Posted

Edit: We squeeze an extra day out before the jet stream starts to roll over the top of the High. Another UK/mid latitude High probably by day 10/11. That is taking the ECM at face value - of course. I doubt it will be too much different in reality come the time

Posted Image

Tams 10/11? Give us a bit of Evens and I'll have a bet with you?

Tom.

Edited by Kentish CZ
  • Like 1

Posted

Hi bjaykent

Safe to stick at 144 for now

Look at the ensembles and nothing is certain after that

Personally think the models are struggling re the jet

As the old saying goes

More runs needed

One thing though. Anything is better than this muck at present

• Like 1