Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 25/11/13

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Anyone have any idea about the ISON comet? If it gets past the Sun at 6:35 tonight  we want to take some photos of it just before dawn and I wondered whether there'll be any clear skies over the next few days...

Also could John Pike give me a forecast for next Wednesday in London? We've got a big do and I'm taking my 95 year old Dad up to town.

I'm so sorry about Pepper bjaykent. I was a total mess when my William had to be put down (cancer) cried and cried for weeks... but it's really strange - I always sense him being around about the time of his birthday which was 19 March 1990. They never really leave you.

Edited by Iceni

Posted

Just got an ultrasound sound appointment this afternoon to see whats going on in my belly

http://youtu.be/pYrFWJmY0fo

Anyone have any idea about the ISON comet? 

Dedicated thread running here:

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/74545-c2012-s1-ison-could-be-the-brightest-comet-ever-seen-by-mankind

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Anyone have any idea about the ISON comet? If it gets past the Sun at 6:35 tonight  we want to take some photos of it just before dawn and I wondered whether there'll be any clear skies over the next few days...

Also could John Pike give me a forecast for next Wednesday in London? We've got a big do and I'm taking my 95 year old Dad up to town.

I'm so sorry about Pepper bjaykent. I was a total mess when my William had to be put down (cancer) cried and cried for weeks... but it's really strange - I always sense him being around about the time of his birthday which was 19 March 1990. They never really leave you.

I can't see you'd be able to get any photos in the next few mornings, even if the comet stays intact. It'd be in too close proximity still and lost in the Sun's glare. We'd have an idea of the potential tomorrow morning. I'm guessing some time after the first few days of December would be optimal? Posted Image Edited by Steve C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

I've just found this chart (which I recognise as having been posted before...)

post-11059-0-62828500-1385636811_thumb.g

It's useful in that it shows Mercury, which is, at best, only ever very low. I'm thinking the optimal time might be about 2nd / 3rd December just before sunrise. As the month progresses it'll be visible for longer and longer, but would become fainter.

It's got to survive first and I'm not overly confident tbh. Really hope I'm wrong. Posted Image

Edited by Steve C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Hey how is everyone?

Hi looby - hope it all goes well - I've been having lady bits problems (lumpy boobs and other issues) i have another scan booked on Monday, I'm not sure if it's hormones/ age but if someone waves back at me when I have my ultra sound on Monday I'll probably die of shock ! BJ - sorry to hear about your loss it's really sad when a four legged member of the family is no longer with us - I can't imagine living without cats and dogs anymore than I could being without Kids even though they all make a mess !
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Very warm here (indoors) not ventured out yet but guessing it is mild out as the house is retaining heat a bit better today. I'm in this morning but should be out later (going to the park for a walk then continue on to the next village), it is Thursday, that means the new edition of the Nag & Dog is out and that means I get last weeks to have and read later (also handy for picture ideas).

Looks like today is the last 'mild' day and we launch into a cold spell (a week Sat looks very cold at the mo).

Posted

not ventured out yet but guessing it is mild out as the house is retaining heat a bit better today. 

In comparison to the last week it is:

Posted Image

Posted

In comparison to the last week it is:

Posted Image

I like those sort of charts, so old school in design (reminds me of asteroids)  just made me try lynx a text based internet browser (oh dear).

Posted

Morning all. Bjay sorry to hear about Pepper. I will be a mess when my dog dies. I have been suffering from flu and feel pants. Looking at the charts and comments made I am hopeful we will see an end to this dull dross soon.

In the summer the news had a feature about a man who had written books about old weather law and he had written to the queen to predict her jubilee weather for the pageant on the river a month before it happened and supposedly got the weather right. Anyway he predicted that there would be snow on the ground boxing day and we would still have snow on the ground at easter. It will be interesting to see if he was right. He based his prediction totally on weather law sayings passed down from generation to generation.

Off to dose up on flu tabs now and sleep catch you all later have a good day.

• Like 3

Posted

People and pets, I was upset when the hamster died.  When my parents said one of their cats was about to "make the trip" I rushed over there and took loads of photos of the cat the day before to add to the collection, good memories and pictures to keep are a personal thing and unique too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Afternoon

It's cloudy again, might as well say weather is not occurring at this point Posted Image

Posted

Afternoon

It's cloudy again, might as well say weather is not occurring at this point Posted Image

Have we found "anti weather"?

• Like 1

Posted

Posted Image Posted Image

Posted

Why 'o' why do I keep going in the MAD thread?  close to chaos in there.

Still no phone Posted Image

Remains mild (in such as for the time of year) dull and dry.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/ Snow

I am getting a snow chance on 10 day forecast for 6th dec of 80-100% here in East London... intriguing...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: lots of snow and cold crisp mornings! thunder storms!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Just a quick word regarding the Snow Depth Cup.

Any member who hasn't yet entered this Winters competition and would like to, could you please have your entry in by Sunday 1st December, although I'm sure Chris Mantle and myself will be to take entries after 1st December, as no snow looks possible for a few days after that date.

All Snow Depth Cup related "stuff" can now be found on a separate thread. Sorry I'm not being allowed to paste up the link. You'll find the link on Ali's first post at the start of this thread.

Regards,

Tom.

P.S. I think the entries in my signature is a full up to date list anyway!

Edited by Kentish CZ

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: lots of snow and cold crisp mornings! thunder storms!

Hi looby - hope it all goes well - I've been having lady bits problems (lumpy boobs and other issues) i have another scan booked on Monday, I'm not sure if it's hormones/ age but if someone waves back at me when I have my ultra sound on Monday I'll probably die of shock ! BJ - sorry to hear about your loss it's really sad when a four legged member of the family is no longer with us - I can't imagine living without cats and dogs anymore than I could being without Kids even though they all make a mess !

Thank you, I hope everything goes well at your scan and no one waves back :)

Posted

Blughhhhhhh! Grey, dull, misty, murky mess out there.

I need to concentrate on long Summer days on the beach with a BBQ and a beer - anyone got any steaks, burgers and bangers they want to throw on?!!

Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Phone arrived Posted Image now just have to ( a ) charge it up ( b ) set it up and ( c ) figure out how to use it, suspect the last bit may take a while (took me 3 months to figure out how to connect the last one to a PC to get the pictures off it, until then did it all with blue tooth.

Edited by Jax

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Off to dose up on flu tabs now and sleep catch you all later have a good day.

Hope you feel better soon SQ1

Thank you, I hope everything goes well at your scan and no one waves back Posted Image

You too - I'm pretty sure that it's not that sort of lump Posted Image

I dropped Mr P off at work earlier and did a couple of hours Chringlemas shopping to get him some stocking fillers (he isn't a cross dresser...you all know what I mean) it's really dreary here so a bit of retail therapy (and some lunch) later I'm feeling brighter even if the weather isn't....now where to hide all this stuff so no one finds it !

All Snow Depth Cup related "stuff" can now be found on a separate thread. Sorry I'm not being allowed to paste up the link. You'll find the link on Ali's first post at the start of this thread.

Regards,

Tom.

Here it is again.....

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/78581-south-east-east-anglia-regional-snow-depth-cup-winter-201314/

• Like 2

Posted

wow....

....if you tap the screen of the new phone it 'pings'

(oooooh shiny)

Um, err, still dull but dry here.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Thanks Ali, computers at work playing up!

Tom

Edited by Kentish CZ
  • Like 1

Posted

Here comes the colder stuff from 'oop Narth' for tomorrow:

Posted Image