Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 25/11/13

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Still an afterglow here, 3/4 hour after sunset - kicks himself again.

Did you want me to PM you my camera?? 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Did you want me to PM you my camera??

Go on then :winky:I could have taken photos with my tablet, but I'm not in a great location.

Posted

Typical downgrades as we get closer to the "northerly blast"

Are there toys scattered in the Model thread now then, or quiet resignation? I don't tend to trawl through the posts there.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Evening all

Eventfull first day back (can do without that kind of day anytime), ended up being an hour late finishing (which I hate as it is dark, traffic is heavy and the lights in the busy parts I find blinding).

So not seen much weather today, dark when I left and dark when I returned, no frost this morning which was a blessing.

Driving into town I was amazed just how many people have put up xmas lights already, did think there had been a major incident (blue flashing lights) till I realised it is just the blue/white led type lights every where I seemed to look.

Posted

Are there toys scattered in the Model thread now then, or quiet resignation? I don't tend to trawl through the posts there.

Posted Image

• Like 3

Posted

Posted Image

LOL 2 days into 'Winter' and the straw clutching in the MAD thread followed by the subsequent ups and downs is just blinding.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow events / Wind storms

I agree with you Jax, the Christmas lights seem to be up early this year, I seem to remember over the past few years that Xmas lights didn't seem to appear until around maybe the 5th or later. I went out last night and pretty much half my street is decorating their houses!

Nevertheless I'll be up on the roof tonight doing mine, my house now sticks out like a sore thumb Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Hi all, in the SE/EA thread, hope your all wellPosted Image

Haven't said anything for quite a while now, but i'm always lingering in the background and reading whats going on in our lovely regional. 

Agreed Steve C, was a lovely sunset tonight but like you the camera had been taken in and left at home.Posted Image

I must apologise for the downgrades in this weeks shot at some cold air and snow, i looked out the window at the weekend and saw my daughter had got the sledge out of the shed and was pulling her sister around the garden, the look of horror on my face was a picture. I won't be telling them in the Mod thread or i may see a few toys thrown in my direction, apparently it may have caused winter to be over after 2 days.Posted Image

• Like 4

Posted

Gave into pressure from the kids who said they'd put the decorations up, yesterday.

I agreed to shut them up, so they got the boxes down then cleared off into their bed rooms leaving me and the wife to do it all.

• Like 2

Posted

Dammit thought I had got away with just getting home and stopping in, but now need to go out again and pay a small bill and get the PAYG emergency phone topped up as I used it last week whilst my new phone was setup (newer mini sim so the old switch-a-rooney ploy could not be done this time).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

I agree with you Jax, the Christmas lights seem to be up early this year, I seem to remember over the past few years that Xmas lights didn't seem to appear until around maybe the 5th or later. I went out last night and pretty much half my street is decorating their houses!

Nevertheless I'll be up on the roof tonight doing mine, my house now sticks out like a sore thumb Posted Image

I know what is up with that? I swear in the old days people didn't put up decs until maybe two weeks into December. We always used to laugh at the 'weirdos' in our street who put them up in November but now every man and his dog is. Do people not just get bored of Christmas when they decorate so early?

• Like 1

Posted

hi all

while these are still up have a look at these

last nights fax for thursday 12

Posted Image

now heres the latest update

Posted Image

that low to our north east has exploded

also note the trough of the new fax between the 528 dam air and 510 dam air

if that trough comes down as shown we may see some snow from that

however these lows are very hard to tie down so expect changes

note this

fi is here and no point trying to predict any further

• Like 4

Posted

I've no excitement about the end of the week tbh. I'm wondering whether that low is going to cause major storm issues to Denmark / Baltic States?

Posted

I've no excitement about the end of the week tbh. I'm wondering whether that low is going to cause major storm issues to Denmark / Baltic States?

Danish met office say 70% chance of strong storm.....15% chance of winds of 30-40mps..... Thats 70-90mph.....
  • Like 1

Posted

Posted Image

big spread on the 7th

thats fi

hi steve

that low is awkward as the thing could shift around quite a bit still

worth a watch for now

i am more interested inpicking troughs out of the fax charts when the cold air is here

probably will not last long but seeing a few snow showers would be nice

ecm looks like we could see something interesting mid month on but its all fi

and will chop around each run

heres 216

Posted Image

heres 240

Posted Image

so look east with these

again ecm showing no atlantic still

so at present it looks like interest for thurs-saturday

then same as now for about a week and certainly not warm

then model watch to see how the next batch from the east might occur

be back later with the fax charts Posted Image

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Evening all :)

CFS time

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Urgh :p

At least with the new year, new beginnings 

Posted Image

Posted Image

Precipitation - (-2) - mostly dry

Temperature - (-1) - Briefly mild around Christmas but colder either side, and turning much colder into new year.

• Like 1

Posted

Well still not been back out yet (opps, was watching TV news and stuff) glanced out the window and seems OK for a quick wander to the shop, which is fine as apparently they are having an hour of eastenders tonight (save me from that drivel) and just done a new watercolour wash which I hope will be dry in the next half hour or so for the detail to start going on it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Evening all. I've been glued to the MAD thread for the last few days. Just reading it has made me knackered haha. I can't wait for spring now. only kidding my fellow regionaires.

Hope all is well all. Glad the scan went okay today MK

Hey Steve C, we had an wonderful sunset here today, tried taking a picture on my iPhone but it done it no justice whatsoever.

• Like 3

Posted

BAck in from the local shop, sorted the phone and bill and the watercolour dried nicely in the mean time and already put on some detail now, just waiting for that to dry (all takes little bits in little stages)  Not too cool/cold out at the moment but quite still so expect fog and frost to form before the morning here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Thought it was just me thinking people are putting up their Christmas decos very early this year...I wonder if it is a reaction to all these seemingly endless grey , dour days we've had since forever...cheering things up with sparklies and lights... Tempted to do ours early too.

I am determined to keep off the model threads this year instead of  putting myself through the annual disappointment fest. What with the wretched Daily Fail and  Daily Excess forecasting snowmaggedon  and the forecasts for my area on Netweather and Met Office showing no precipitation at all.

• Like 3