Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 25/11/13

Snowangel-MK

Posted

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/gfse_cartes.php?mode=2&ech=6

morning  all weather  for looking interesting  from  120hr  to150 hr at the moment!!

• Like 1

Posted

Morning all on this first day of Advent... :) Hopefully everyone has only eaten one chocolate...

Looks likely that a northerly is on its way - it's going to be a blustery landing for Father Christmas in his helicopter in Priory Park on Saturday...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Brrrrrrrr!

just been out to the bin and it is all white and frosty out, clear and sunny with hardly a breath of wind. 1.9oC at present.

might be a day for a walk later before I get sorted for the return to work tomorrow.

Edited by Jax

Posted

Brrrr indoors, the boiler keeps going off, been off all night, indoor temp is now in the 50s. Let's hope this restart lasts longer than 10 mins this time.

Grey again, uniformly, not up early enough to say if there was frost, although it was pretty cold when we got home from friends at midnight last night. Don't worry AS, I was on the white wine all night, only hit the Baileys as a night cap (and to warm up in the heatless house). 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

.......but they'll be plenty of half-time oranges to slice.

Oops .....is that what they were for ?post-10773-0-67388500-1385891040_thumb.j....sorry !

Hopefully everyone has only eaten one chocolate...

See above *blushes* double oops !!
  • Like 2

Posted

For those that are interested, tree is up, lights tested and working, all decorations are complete, don't feel right putting it up already, but needs must this year. Wife getting Hoover out (not a Christmas present :-)). Feeling a bit happier now, just got to get all the boxes back in the loft. Think my bad mood was caused by the ghosts of Christmas past. Oh yes, and for those who this might apply to, no chocolate decorations where eaten!

Lucky no one noticed, forgot the weather, still dull but slightly brighter, wife reckons it cold out when she went to the shed to get the ladders in (before anyone moans at me I can't lift anything heavy and never will be able and yes I do feel guilty).

Edited by Charltonkerry
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny; chilly and sunny; thunderstorms; extreme

Morning Iceni,

When you posted the above the other day, it go me thinking and after a family discussion we decided we would look for another dog sooner rather than later.

Went  off to look at some Jack Russell puppies yesterday (8 weeks old and very cute)

Posted Image383125_jack-russell-puppy-s_photo_1_1385651472_img.jpg

A litter of 5, 4 girls and a boy. It was impossible trying to choose one and somehow we ended up coming away with two little sisters.Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted Imagecolbie lulu 003.JPG

They are already into everything. My daughter has named them Colbie (the mostly white one) and Lulu. Not certain about Colbie as a name but will get used to it.

Can't tell you what the weather is like, haven't had a chance to look.Posted Image

Thanks Iceni, i'm sure we have done the right thing but of course will never forget Pepper.Posted Image

I love those Jack Russels. Such sweet characterful little mutts !

Many years ago when I was only about 5 or 6 we lost our 'nutter' of  Jack R, due to eating anything and everything and poisoning herself. Chewing the christmas tree finished her off it seemed. Utterly crazy but so lovable.

Posted

Good morning all. We managed a slight frost here for a couple of hours in the middle of the night, but the cloud soon rolled in and looks reluctant to move anywhere soon.

I haven't been able to drive my car for quite some time, though I have started it up now and then just to make sure the battery was ok. Two days ago it started, albeit reluctantly. This morning I had my positive head on and thought right, I feel ok to go out for a little drive and recharge the battery. It was as dead as a dodo and is now rooted to the spot in my parking space. Pah.

Reading some earlier posts ( thank you AS ) I was reminded of all the months and years I spent on the touchline in all weathers in my various guises as initially, proud parent, then later as manager and coach of the football team my Sons played for. They started at the U7's level and I eventually called it a day when I resigned as the U13's team coach. The only reason I bring you this boring and irrelevant fact is because today is my youngest Sons 33rd Birthhday, and it has reminded me of how time flies.

NB: I should just mention I was a pretty useless manager and coach, but I was mug enough to be the taxi service for the team.

Have a good Sunday folks Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny; chilly and sunny; thunderstorms; extreme

We celebrated the dry weather of late by doing plenty of pruning in the garden, some reasonabley sized logs too. Then a real fire in the front room last night for 5 hours. Ahhhhh Winter.  

Fat Sunday Lunch nr Woking to look forward to.

Posted

Morning all again

Been 'pottering' about the house, now have a pile of ironing ready to be done for next week, saving it for after dark when countryfile is on, as it is still a bright sunny day here so will take a wander a bit later to make the most of it and the last day off before I return to work.

Good morning all. We managed a slight frost here for a couple of hours in the middle of the night, but the cloud soon rolled in and looks reluctant to move anywhere soon.

I haven't been able to drive my car for quite some time, though I have started it up now and then just to make sure the battery was ok. Two days ago it started, albeit reluctantly. This morning I had my positive head on and thought right, I feel ok to go out for a little drive and recharge the battery. It was as dead as a dodo and is now rooted to the spot in my parking space. Pah.

eek! must try mine as I have an early start in the morning and it has not been used for over a week now.

Good luck with the new family members BJK Posted Image

Posted

Cold, but no real chance of any precipitation falling as snow at Heathrow the end of the week according to GEFS,

post-5986-0-80949700-1385895805_thumb.pn

Plenty of time for change, though!

Edited by Sparkicle

Posted

Yes, they have lots of character, the only casualties so far are some teeth marks on table and chair legs, Xmas will be interesting, some advanced planning will definitely be needed!

Aww they are really cute BJ. I somehow thought you wouldn't be long getting another. I daren't even think about anything happening to mine but I have already decided if something does happen to them I will go straight out and get another one. It's not replacing them the way I see it it's transferring your love to another and providing them with a forever home.To make this post weather related, I was looking at two website and on there they show the thickness charts for the ECM and that showed an area of 510 dam line over the south east on Saturday is that in anyway related to the possibility of a polar low? I understand the basic charts but there a few things showing up on this northerly that have got me confused. Any of you more wiser weather folk willing to shed some light on what this shows.
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Cold, but no real chance of any precipitation falling as snow at Heathrow the end of the week according to GEFS,

Posted Image850.png

Plenty of time for change, though!

I think the best chance will be Thursday night (for inland locations), good chance that the rain will turn to snow as the cold front clears.

Posted Image

Could be pleasantly surprised Friday morning if it did happen.

• Like 2

Posted

eek! must try mine as I have an early start in the morning and it has not been used for over a week now.

Good luck with the new family members BJK Posted Image

I think you should be fine after a week Jax. My car has only done 25 miles since May and therein lies the problem.

Still overcast and currently 6.3c here

• Like 1

Posted

I think you should be fine after a week Jax. My car has only done 25 miles since May and therein lies the problem.

Still overcast and currently 6.3c here

Hopefully your right, it normally is, but still would hate to wait till trying to rush out in the dark tomorrow and finding it does not want to go. There is the clock and alarm system that are always running and thus sucking power all the time. Used to have a car quite a few years ago that is not used for more than 5 days was dead power wise, and we never did find the cause of the power drain even after swapping the battery over.

Quick mention the weather... Sunny still and dry.

I think the best chance will be Thursday night (for inland locations), good chance that the rain will turn to snow as the cold front clears.

Posted Image

In that case SNDCN (Snow Depth Control North) and SNDCS (Snow Depth Control South) will have to be on twenty four hour stand-by, Major Tom are you ready Q musicPosted Image

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcyuKUtgyZ8

• Like 3

Posted

Bliss!!!.........The joys of being single.....no domestic appliance presents!!!!It was so dark today that by 2.30pm I had the lights on. Luckily i do not need to deploy the rock salt yet to get out of my drive!I'm getting very worried that the indoor guinea piggies are not getting appropriate sunlight/Vit D.Off to google appropriate sunlight lamps for me and the pigsxxx

Just reminded me of when I used to rear one day old ducklings and chicks, I used a table lamp minus the shade and a bit of foil all this resting on the top of the box they were in with some chicken wire across the box to keep the lamp safe and high but let the light and heat reach the little un's, normal bulb used, got that tip from a breeder I met at an agricultural show.

Someone I know keeps "house" rabbits.

Edited by Jax

Posted

Lovely bright day out there and I haven't been out at all yet.  Late night and a lie in  --  VERY unusual.  Starting to look as though our region will get something nasty at the end of the week, hope Ian F is wrong with his "Shades of 53" comment.

Also interesting the arguments in the MAD thread as to whether Ian F had his terminology right when he used the words "Polar Low".  As a professional forecaster I'd think it's more likely he right than wrong.

• Like 1

Posted

Posted Image

It appears that GFS is one of the colder solutions. It may well verify, but there's no real way to tell; if I had to bet, I'd bet against snow. Although GFS, as you say, has rain turning to snow overnight, Thurs,

post-5986-0-27225700-1385899798_thumb.gipost-5986-0-81732600-1385899791_thumb.gi

Not totally convinced, yet.

Edited by Sparkicle

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Afternoon each. Lovely and sunny here in Ippy and not too cold. Are we expecting any snow soon?

Hope everyone is well and happy. :)

• Like 1

Posted

dam  Facebook wont  let me  log  in at  the moment

Posted

Afternoon each. Lovely and sunny here in Ippy and not too cold. Are we expecting any snow soon?

Hope everyone is well and happy. Posted Image

Afternoon K, all good here, hope you are well too, as for snow there has been some rumblings on the subject Posted Image

dam  Facebook wont  let me  log  in at  the moment

I would see that as a blessing :)

• Like 1

Posted

Dammit, clouds have moved in here now and it is getting duller by the minute :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Sun has come out here after a cloudy start :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Morning Iceni,

When you posted the above the other day, it go me thinking and after a family discussion we decided we would look for another dog sooner rather than later.

Went  off to look at some Jack Russell puppies yesterday (8 weeks old and very cute)

Posted Image383125_jack-russell-puppy-s_photo_1_1385651472_img.jpg

A litter of 5, 4 girls and a boy. It was impossible trying to choose one and somehow we ended up coming away with two little sisters.Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted Imagecolbie lulu 002.JPG

They are already into everything. My daughter has named them Colbie (the mostly white one) and Lulu. Not certain about Colbie as a name but will get used to it.

Can't tell you what the weather is like, haven't had a chance to look.Posted Image

Thanks Iceni, i'm sure we have done the right thing but of course will never forget Pepper.Posted Image

Hi bjay,

They really are cute! Hope that your sad loss will be tempered by your new additions to the family but obviously it will take time.

I remember a lively little JR where my mum had a part time job, many moons ago, she took a distinct liking to the backs of my ankles, can still feel the nips now!

Regards,

Tom.