channel low Posted Image

Posted Image

lot of cold moving west

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Breaks down later with milder air returning

Posted Image

Precipitation - (0) - Some precipitation in the south, then more general rain after boxing day

Temperature - (-1) - Starting cold/very cold. Temperatures returning to average or above thereafter.

Good to see you are up and running CS.  Good broadband connection?

I see you have disavowed the TOD

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Good to see you are up and running CS.  Good broadband connection?

I see you have disavowed the TOD

Hi NNW

Looks good to me, until it probably breaks. 

Well for a few weeks, I will be up there for Christmas but I am oficially a resident down here now. Cue northerly toppler after northerly toppler that gives snow to coastal areas of East Anglia Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Evening all

just watched SHIELD whilst all snuggled up on the sofa...

...errr weather? not a clue, that is out side, I am inside.

Edited by Jax
  • Like 1

Posted

My hubby bought me an Iron one year as a present never used it lol.

i bought my wife a new iron once... not for a present mind. needless to say it didnt come with instructions; nor the hoover; washing machine; cooker... Posted Image  :lol:

just in from last dog walk of the day.. Brrrr Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Last time my dad bought my mum a domestic appliance for Christmas, she hit him with it. Can't think why.

Feels a lot colder here than the thermometer indicates. Brrrr.

Edited by Crepuscular Ray
  • Like 2

Posted

I am now rather concerned that my hubby jokingly said he'd buy me a new hoover for Christmas.  I hope he was joking!!!Posted Image

It is a chilly 4.3c here this evening. But cosy inside. :)

• Like 1

Posted

Hi NNW

Looks good to me, until it probably breaks. 

Well for a few weeks, I will be up there for Christmas but I am oficially a resident down here now. Cue northerly toppler after northerly toppler that gives snow to coastal areas of East Anglia Posted Image

Well, if we do get a run of Northerly topplers we'll know you were the curse.  Posted Image

Having lived in and around this village since 1979, I can only recall 2 severe bouts of snow, so I doubt it's you  (could be me of course) Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and no more than 25degC

Bliss!!!.........The joys of being single.....no domestic appliance presents!!!!It was so dark today that by 2.30pm I had the lights on. Luckily i do not need to deploy the rock salt yet to get out of my drive!I'm getting very worried that the indoor guinea piggies are not getting appropriate sunlight/Vit D.Off to google appropriate sunlight lamps for me and the pigsxxx

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

Just read loads of pages on the mad thread.I can report the gfs has officially been put in the shredder!A certain two people really don't like each other.And there will be a northerly of sorts from next fri onwards.Could be a cold snap or slightly longer.And speaking of shredders,hubby got me one for Christmas 2years ago.Now I actually drop strong hints about what I would like!!Last year I got my weather station.This year been hinting at a kindle so fingers crossed.;)

Bliss!!!.........The joys of being single.....no domestic appliance presents!!!!It was so dark today that by 2.30pm I had the lights on. Luckily i do not need to deploy the rock salt yet to get out of my drive!I'm getting very worried that the indoor guinea piggies are not getting appropriate sunlight/Vit D.Off to google appropriate sunlight lamps for me and the pigsxxx

My guinea been inside for 4years he's lovely and healthy x
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and no more than 25degC

Great to hear this...are you soft/med/hard water?  What breed charactersitics does he have? What do you feed him?We are just starting to gather info UK wide to try and determine why there is an increased number of piggies with stones and what factors may be contributing to this disease ........Indoor vs outdoor being just one factor. 

Chilly here tonight even though we have been covered by cloud since early afternoon!

xxxx

Edited by PiggiePalace

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Bliss!!!.........The joys of being single.....no domestic appliance presents!!!!

It was so dark today that by 2.30pm I had the lights on. Luckily i do not need to deploy the rock salt yet to get out of my drive!

I'm getting very worried that the indoor guinea piggies are not getting appropriate sunlight/Vit D.

Off to google appropriate sunlight lamps for me and the pigs

xxx

Just read loads of pages on the mad thread.

I can report the gfs has officially been put in the shredder!

A certain two people really don't like each other.

And there will be a northerly of sorts from next fri onwards.

Could be a cold snap or slightly longer.

And speaking of shredders,hubby got me one for Christmas 2years ago.

Now I actually drop strong hints about what I would like!!

Last year I got my weather station.

This year been hinting at a kindle so fingers crossed.Posted Image

your all mad nuts and crazy ( must come back tomorrow)

just watched Pacific Rim and loved it (if you like brain out the door sci fi stuff)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Oh I would have used it ......but not for doing the ironing (I've just warned mr P not to buy me an iron or any domestic appliances/ kitchen equipment for Chringlemas) lolEvening all - just about recovered from last night....it was sunny earlier but at the time I was struggling to keep my eyes open !

How about this Harvey Nichols ad "Sorry, I spent it on myself" it's the funniest one I've ever seen about Christmas presents, but is getting a lot of stick - people are so humourless nowadays....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2513712/FIRST-LOOK-Sorry-I-spent-Harvey-Nichols-release-hilarious-new-Christmas-advert.html

Edited by Iceni
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

I don't like Ian F's latest post in mod thread one bit. Hope it is no where near as bad.

Posted

Some pics from the South Bank this afternoon - weather-wise it was grey:)

post-8993-0-53653500-1385858779_thumb.jp

post-8993-0-11348300-1385858807_thumb.jp

post-8993-0-13467600-1385858870_thumb.jp

Just listening to 'Yes sir I can boogie' from Baccarat on an old Top of the Pops. Not sure AS would approve, but I'm on the Baileys after a retro night at some friends! Lawks, now it's early Boomtown Rats....

Edited by Reefseeker
  • Like 4

Posted

Morning all, its dull and dreary again, getting bored with repeatedly saying that recently.

Got to apologise for getting the thread off topic re wife's surprise presents and the follow up yarn re the kenwood chef. Today used to be the day I enjoyed, putting the tree up with the kids, but they have all grown up and gone away, now I got to do it, its a chore. I know its early but with football and other family do's, if I don't dress the house today it won't get done. Whilst it wouldn't bother me, think the grand kids might not like grumpy grand dad. Strange when the kids get older Christmas totally changes from the magical to the money grabbing. For some reason I fill totally depressed today, I remember I did last year on the day I put the tree up, must be missing the kids and all the excitement.

Her indoors just told me I'm a miserable old git, that made me feel a lot better :-) mind you, I think she's right today.

Hope you all have a good day, if you are doing what I'm undertaking, then hope it turn out to your satisfaction.

Edited by Charltonkerry
  • Like 5

Posted

Morning all

Reef, not so sure about the Baileys, but no issues with the Boomtown Rats!

Out for a meal last night with a big gang of us. Walked back about midnight and it was beautifully clear and quite cold, lots of constellation-spotting went on.

Just seen the weather forecast on BBC News and they are definitely going for the cold blast across the whole country from late Thursday with strong winds and, according to the forecaster (Stav?), 'wintry showers'.

However, I'm hoping that the reference to shades of the '53 flooding set-up made by Ian F on the Model Thread last night won't come to anything.

4.1c here now.

Have a good day all.

AS

Edit: on the 7:45 forecast he added something along the lines of: as we move in to the weekend temperatures look like recovering somewhat so it looks like a brief chilly blast.

Edited by abruzzi spur
  • Like 2

Posted

Great to hear this...are you soft/med/hard water?  What breed charactersitics does he have? What do you feed him?We are just starting to gather info UK wide to try and determine why there is an increased number of piggies with stones and what factors may be contributing to this disease ........Indoor vs outdoor being just one factor. 

Chilly here tonight even though we have been covered by cloud since early afternoon!

xxxx

Hi yas,

Jenson button is a dutch orange(i think) hes white with orange patches.

Short haired.

Hes fed meadow hay and herbs,gurtys mix ,and fresh cucumber,apple,carrot.

I am soft i dont like animals kept outside especially  1 guinea they like the company.

We have awfuly hard water here.

One thing i note though.

Even though hes indoors before a very cold spell he gets through so so much more hay?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Good Morning all, Welcome to the First day of Winter 2013/14. Most of us have now got our tickets and ready to board the Winter Express,These complimentary tickets also come with the added bonus of the free Snow Depth challenge cup and full use of First class goodies.

First stop is just over 4 days away, Posted Image

Remember keep your eyes peeled as Winter can be like these rare creatures  Posted Image   all or nothing

Enjoy the trip folks and welcome aboard

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Good morning all and welcome to the metreological start of winter !

From what I can see from the bedroom window there is a frost on the car :-)

Have a nice day !

• Like 2

Posted

Morning all!  Temp rising to 6.0c already here this morning.  Off to my brother's house for Sunday lunch today.  I so love it when I don't have to cook.

Have a good day all, whatever you are doing. :)

• Like 3

Posted

Apparently yesterdays meeting my daughter had to attend yesterday, was to tell them 2 people wearing colchester zoo uniforms in town have been attacked?

And all staff have to be collected from work inside the zoo and been advised not to wear uni form outside the zoo.

There was a protest by animal activists outside the zoo yesterday.

The amount of money and work the zoo puts into conservation and animal welfare is unreal.

And the zoo staff would not have took that action unless they thought it was absaloutly needed.

The staff are gutted at the loss of there animals.

Why people are taking it out on young people working there is beyond me?

One of the victims was 16 for goodness sake:(((

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Morning all,

And welcome to the first day of competition in the Snow Depth Cup, I've got to say I'm over the moon and it could well be a Winter of two halves, Brian!

Thank you for that mention Jason but unlikely to see much ruler usage, in the early skirmishes. The Snow Pools Panel are already on standby, for all pre-Xmas fixtures. 

Looks like Chris and I will be twiddling our fingers for a while but they'll be plenty of half-time oranges to slice.

We've been given a new directive from UESCA (Union of European Snow Competition Associations), which includes no measuring from behind....where drifts can be found and to be very intolerant of any off the wall incidents.

We certainly wont be reticent in handing out a few yellow/red cards, if we think they're warranted!

Quote: "according to the forecaster (Stav?), 'wintry showers'."

Ees going to snow peeps, innit!

Tom.

Edited by Kentish CZ
  • Like 4

Posted

Off out to Breakfast Club on the scooter soon, got a feeling it will be our last meet this year. I've done the 2 wheel thing in the snow and getting a bit old for that fun Posted Image

Is it a definite yet regarding snow/wintry showers this week?

• Like 1

Posted

Morning all,

And welcome to the first day of competition in the Snow Depth Cup, I've got to say I'm over the moon and it could well be a Winter of two halves, Brian!

Thank you for that mention Jason but unlikely to see much ruler usage, in the early skirmishes. The Snow Pools Panel are already on standby, for all pre-Xmas fixtures. 

Looks like Chris and I will be twiddling our fingers for a while but they'll be plenty of half-time oranges to slice.

We've been given a new directive from UESCA (Union of European Snow Competition Associations), which includes no measuring from behind....where drifts can be found and to be very intolerant of any off the wall incidents.

We certainly wont be reticent in handing out a few yellow/red cards, if we think they're warranted!

Quote: "according to the forecaster (Stav?), 'wintry showers'."

Ees going to snow peeps, innit!

Tom.

post-3098-0-29916900-1385886581_thumb.pn

• Like 2