Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 25/11/13

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Back onto weather - makes me laugh how the 'this week' ends and the 'next week' starts on Metcheck - they're never even close!

Blimey is that place still going?  it went down hill IMO and after "their leaders scandal" I stayed well away from it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Morning all. Posted Image

Nice sunshine first thing has reverted to the usual dross.

All this talk of Xmas decorations has made me think I should do something this year, so here you go ( a picture of the holly tree in my garden )

post-11059-0-71706700-1385811901_thumb.j

Apart from buying a few presents, having a few drinks and eating too much, that might be myself done. Posted Image

Posted

Blimey is that place still going?  it went down hill IMO and after "their leaders scandal" I stayed well away from it.

That's how I ended up on Netweather; their forums were a disgrace anyway, no wonder they had to stop them. And Netweather is the best of coursePosted Image

Still grey and blue sky-ish here.

• Like 1

Posted

http://www.meteociel.fr/cartes_obs/gens_display.php?x=309&y=148&run=6&runpara=0&col=1&ext=1&type=0

Morning all

Off to brandon now so talk later

The link above shows gfs 06 ensembles

Take a guess after the 7th :-)

Regards

John

• Like 1

Posted

SteveC - that's a decent size holly bush! Shame it's blown over in the wind :D

I never ventured into the Metcheck forums, just habit gets me checking their forecasts there now and then.

Posted

http://www.meteociel.fr/cartes_obs/gens_display.php?x=309&y=148&run=6&runpara=0&col=1&ext=1&type=0

Morning all

Off to brandon now so talk later

The link above shows gfs 06 ensembles

Take a guess after the 7th :-)

Regards

John

Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Afternoon, today is the big day. Be back later when I have become an official resident of Saffron Walden Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Classic - guess what I'm getting her - a Kenwood Chef! Now, she almost buys one herself every time we walk into Currys but doesn't as she says it's too expensive for a kitchen gadget so, fingers crossed, she won't mind (she says does want to start trying her hand at cake making, but it's hard work!).

My brother bought his Mrs a tumble dryer once, that didn't go down too well either (even though she said that's what she wanted).

Back onto weather - makes me laugh how the 'this week' ends and the 'next week' starts on Metcheck - they're never even close!

Why don't you go on Ebay and get her one of the older models? They're made of steel not plastic - my own is inherited from my mother and is the 901A model like this and they're collectable…

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KENWOOD-901A-FOOD-MIXER-/370950440267?pt=UK_HGKitchen_SmallApp_RL&hash=item565e5e854b

Kenwood service dept is brilliant as it started smoking a couple of years ago after 25 years' service and the lady immediately said "It's the capacitors" cost us £12 and it was as good as new again. You can get all the spares on Ebay too.

I use mine two or three times a week for making bread (sour dough because it's too sloppy to knead) and it just keeps going on and on. It's also got a liquidiser on the top, but we don't use that so much.

Edited by Iceni
  • Like 2

Posted

Afternoon, today is the big day. Be back later when I have become an official resident of Saffron Walden Posted Image

Good luck MattPosted Image

Posted

Why don't you go on Ebay and get her one of the older models? They're made of steel not plastic - my own is inherited from my mother and is the 901A model like this and they're collectable…

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KENWOOD-901A-FOOD-MIXER-/370950440267?pt=UK_HGKitchen_SmallApp_RL&hash=item565e5e854b

Kenwood service dept is brilliant as it started smoking a couple of years ago after 20 years' service and the girl said "It's the capacitors" cost us £12 and it was as good as new again. You can get all the spares on Ebay too.

Sometimes old stuff is better as the build quality and fact they are easier to repair makes them far better.

• Like 1

Posted

Steve, you could always make an offer for mine, throw the wife in as well :-)

Brightening up nicely now, with one or two blue bits floating about. In fact sun has just burst through, might be a nice afternoon at the valley.

• Like 1

Posted

Steve, you could always make an offer for mine, throw the wife in as well :-)

Brightening up nicely now, with one or two blue bits floating about. In fact sun has just burst through, might be a nice afternoon at the valley.

If your missus ever reads any of your posts I wouldn't blame her at all for giving you a right hook. You can only push your luck so far.Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

If your missus ever reads any of your posts I wouldn't blame her at all for giving you a right hook. You can only push your luck so far.Posted Image

I'm lucky (or unlucky depends on which way you look at it) I would not say anything on here that I wouldn't (haven't) said to her face. Unfortunately I don't know when to keep my mouth shut, and I am always the idiot who if set up by a comment will smash it into the back of the net, I do it at work as well, and is one of the reasons that I am remembered for.

Just showed her the two controversial posts, and she smiled, that smile, you know the one that comes just before the left hook :-), she really is used to my sense of humour (or lack off) :-)

Edited by Charltonkerry
  • Like 2

Posted

good  afternoon just watched  bbc  weather  hes  mentioned   the  S  word  for the end of  the  week  dont  tell the  express

• Like 2

Posted

Hello all

A grey morning gave way to some sun during the under 11s football match (2 - 1 win, yay!) but a chilly north-westerly kept us hopping around on the touchline.

Just been out for a dog walk with the 2 boys (wife and daughter gone shopping in Guildford, yikes) on a grey and chilly Reigate Heath where the view from the highpoint showed mostly grey but still some fading autumn colours around.

A blast of frigid and crystal clear Arctic air in a week's time would be very exhilarating and would coincide nicely with the opening of the Reigate temporary Christmas ice-rink with, unlike last year's plastic rink, real ice.  Is it too much to ask that it snows on Saturday for the Reigate Christmas fair at which my youngest will be singing in his choir for public delectation - including, of course, White Christmas.......Posted Image

AS

Edited by abruzzi spur
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

My hubby bought me an Iron one year as a present never used it lol. 

Oh I would have used it ......but not for doing the ironing (I've just warned mr P not to buy me an iron or any domestic appliances/ kitchen equipment for Chringlemas) lol Evening all - just about recovered from last night....it was sunny earlier but at the time I was struggling to keep my eyes open !
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

It says it's been 5 - 8 outside today, but it has certainly felt much colder. For the first time this winter, I've done what I quite look forward to: Coming in, putting the fire on and snuggling under a blanket with a cup of tea.

• Like 2

Posted

Oh I would have used it ......but not for doing the ironing (I've just warned mr P not to buy me an iron or any domestic appliances/ kitchen equipment for Chringlemas) lol

Evening all - just about recovered from last night....it was sunny earlier but at the time I was struggling to keep my eyes open !

How about an ironing board insteadPosted Image

• Like 4

Posted

Toby carvery doing a good roast if you need dinner ck

Thanks for the tip Chris, booked in for tomorrow :-). Football was bad today, weather weren't much better, dull and overcast, like me tonight, although the rumour for football is that the outlook is brighter, but I believe the weather outlook is colder and the S word has even been mentioned.
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Evening all from new base camp, Saffron Walden :D

CFS time

Posted Image

channel low Posted Image

Posted Image

lot of cold moving west

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Breaks down later with milder air returning

Posted Image

Precipitation - (0) - Some precipitation in the south, then more general rain after boxing day

Temperature - (-1) - Starting cold/very cold. Temperatures returning to average or above thereafter.

• Like 4