Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Regional Discussion - 29/11/2013 ---->

Nick L

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

Yikes! even the far outlook looks scary mild eeek!

Runs for cover and plans a trip somewhere very cold.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

I think my morning weather report could start getting a bit repetitive, but here goes anyway....11C at 9am, about 70% cover of high cloud i.e. can see some blue patches but not actually seen the sun yet, dry, bit of a breeze.

Quick scan through the models earlier and best I can see is perhaps a cooler Atlantic incursion later on in the output, but even that looks fairly temporary.

Oh, that American Football game even made it onto BBC Breakfast this morning. I wonder how bad it would have to get before they actually abandoned a game?

Posted

I don't think they abandon games in the NFL for weather? I did chuckle when the guy who got tackled was getting up and had a proper face full of snow.

Apprently there has never been an NFL game abandoned!! Regardless of the weather they plod on!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

11.3C with sunny ints. Was 12C at 3AM!

Posted

Very mild and windy with bright intervels, currently 12c. Nothing unusual before Christmas as I have said in the past winter often arrived between Christmas  and New Year. Maybe an old fashioned  start date to winter this year?

• Like 4

Posted

Well it's not raining............but still mind. Bleh! Actually noticing some trees some leaves want to break out on them already (little growth seems to be happening)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Cloud clearing, blue skies and a stiff breeze, temp has dropped (???????) to 10.6. now. Still hating it though!

Posted
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level

Insects are confused.Got caught in a midgie swarm on Saturday while running...in December!

There is a very slight glimmer of hope that there will be a polar vortex on the big day. So we might have the mildest December in years followed by a white Christmas!

Edited by November13
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

Let's hope so Nov13 or we'll all be applying to move to Winnipeg soon lol

Posted

Yes this is winter and we want some frost or snow. We can have this current weather in June sometimes. I remember being in Skye cycling in June and it was 9c! Just incredible that being so far north we can still get summer temperatures. I supposes it's the lottery of a maritime climate. Local weather station for me says Dec average thus far is 6.5c but that will be going up the way for the next 10 days! 4.2c 2012 and 4.5c 2011.

Posted

December 2006 is as far back as mine goes and that was 8.8c. That must have been a stinker as well.Think I might beat that this year!

Posted

Insects are confused.Got caught in a midgie swarm on Saturday while running...in December!There is a very slight glimmer of hope that there will be a polar vortex on the big day. So we might have the mildest December in years followed by a white Christmas!

which chart is that showing up on as i havent had a chance too look today yet?

cheers in advance

Posted

which chart is that showing up on as i havent had a chance too look today yet?

cheers in advance

I saw it in winter highland.Forums and then mother of all snow ramping threads.I couldn't get it on the charts either.Have a look if you need the link give me a shout.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: A foggy and frosty morning with newly fallen pristine snow - Paradise!

Currently 66.9% of the United States covered with snow:

http://earthsky.org/earth/u-s-snow-and-ice-2013-compared-to-2012

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: A foggy and frosty morning with newly fallen pristine snow - Paradise!

Maximum today was 11.8C. A dreich day to be sure.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/Cairngorm/6day/top

There's definitely not gonna be any skiing anytime soon...

A week of mild weather at the start of the season really isn't a big deal, I wouldn't worry Posted Image

Edit: 

Wind has gradually moved more southerly throughout the day and has now completely died. Depending on the exact set up of the next few days, the central Highlands could potentially become quite cold despite the ostensibly "mild" set up. Temp now down to 7'C.

Edited by NorthernRab

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

I doubt we'll hit 8.8C - we had a slightly below first week including that 36 hour period Thursday night-Saturday early morning where almost nowhere was above 0C, it's going to be mild to very mild this week into the start of next and after that it's likely to go back to closer to average in all probability with maybe hints of a transient northerly around or just after Christmas (or at least a mid latitude high giving surface cold). I think average to slightly above is a decent bet for this month as a whole but probably waiting until mid January before the strat gives us a shot at more prolonged cold.

Sorry, I missed the models today, it's actually an undercut type setup (or at least cold troughing) we could be looking for in the longer term? Interesting stuff indeed.

Edited by LomondSnowstorm
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

Down to 4'C now, hopefully my prediction is correct, in a direct southerly we can avoid many of the winds reaching here due to being too "inland" - freezing fog set ups can occur so long as the winds don't get too strong, would be a welcome chilly interval in this otherwise fairly boring setup! 

Edited by NorthernRab

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: bright & frosty/snowy; summer: hot and sunny.

It's all looking a bit mild & bleurgh for the next wee while - bit more mobile after the weekend. MOD surprisingly upbeat given the output - no reals signs of TOORPing amidst the strawclutching. It does feel as though we've stepped back to a pre-2008 winter for the moment, but it can all change quickly as we know. Upsides: easier to get around preparing for the Big Festive, nae cancelled fitba & less need to tan the central heating. Plus Santa gets to do this. Possibly. ;-)>Keep the spirits up, Kilters - plenty of winter left yet!

post-6412-0-33829200-1386666158_thumb.pn

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, excitement of snow, a hoolie

Weekend is looking a bit more lively with a fine Saturday for east coast then heavy rain (wet hill snow) and gales whistling through Saturday night. I've got a train journey Lothian to Grampian, hope all the leaves are off the tracks.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Morning Kilters! Blawin' an absolute hoolie up here complete with horizontal rain. Temp currently 10.1. Bleugh!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

I'll take today's weather thanks, very easy to live with: 10C, little wind, 70% cloud, splendid colourful sunrise and wonderful big dramatic cloudscapes this morning. Happy bunny here.

• Like 2