Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Regional Discussion - 29/11/2013 ---->

Nick L

Posted
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level

Aye the thought of 2 weeks of this is soul destroying.It's been a mild winter so far.Looking to end of December now for a change.Watched bbc weather last night 10c for the foreseeable.Ski centres will struggle to get going until Jan now as No base.This is crapp let's be honest.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

Ocht well dreich it may be but the decorations are up :)

At least i can ferry the kids around to all their christmas outings safely and i can get to my one outing !

Hope that some snow arrives in the forecast for us all very soon.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Weather looking like I'm feeling this morning......dank! 1.4c/1.3c W.  I don't suppose this will go on forever. Changes hopefully will appear soon. Just have to drool over current USA weather. Not going to post pics or temps over there as it will just make us feel worse!

Below is my uninspiring view this morning.......

post-1989-0-86660700-1386409519.txt

Posted

Morning all,

Cloudy start, + 1.3c currently. For me the upcoming spell will be judged by the amount of sunshine on offer. If we get some sunshine I'm quite happy to take 10c in December. If it's 10 days of anticyclonic gloom it will be dreary and uninspiring...though far from unusual!

Posted

I felt that the06z was a slight improvement (in the later frames) as there are better heights across the pole. A colder week on the lead up to Christmas which at least would make it feel a bit more seasonal. However just one run.  Better than the 012z though.

post-1989-0-43159400-1386414048_thumb.pn

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Aye the thought of 2 weeks of this is soul destrowing.It's been a mild winter so far.Looking to end of December now for a change.Watched bbc weather last night 10c for the foreseeable.Ski centres will struggle to get going until Jan now as No base.This is crapp let's be honest.

Oh no,  the model thread negativity is spreading. Winter is officially only 7 days old and that's hardly been mild. Even if you include November, the CET came in around average, but was Scotland not on the colder side of average? Yeah the outlook is currently crap, but virtually nothing modelled at 10 days out for the last few weeks has been even close to correct so hopefully that will continue and we end up with the opposite of what's currently modelled. As Monty  Python said "look on the bright side of life"! 

This morning here it's dry with the temperature hovering around zero. It's a gloomy damp feeling cold with high cloud keeping the sun under wraps. Ground still frozen and the dusting of snow surviving for now. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, ice, cold

When the line with the roundy bits on it passes over your house the fun ends and we all turn back into pumpkins for the next week or two at least.

Reasons why many of us love LS a little bit :)

• Like 1

Posted

Ocht well dreich it may be but the decorations are up Posted Image

At least i can ferry the kids around to all their christmas outings safely and i can get to my one outing !

Hope that some snow arrives in the forecast for us all very soon.

Decorations going up here this evening! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Decorations going up here this evening!  

Gosh, that's the spirit! If I put ours up this early I suspect some members of the household would rip them down, saying, 'not till Xmas Eve!' Some glitter is just what a dreich & dark December needs, I reckon.  Ms HC gone to Embra for Xmas shopping today, under the pretext of meeting a friend. Yeah right.

• Like 2

Posted

I fiercely refuse to acknowledge the existence of Xmas until Dec 1st, but then it's full-on :)New fairy lights being bought this afternoon as the last lot burnt out during the summer, and then decorations going up once the lights are up. Then a big meal of pearl barley and bacon cooked with onions and ham-stock, followed by some good cheese, apples and last year's blackberry vodka as a nightcap...How can anyone not love winter?!?!?!

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Beginning with S ending with W ;)

Since it's really quiet in here thought this would appropriate time to post

Is there any books out there that look at winters of UK/Europe of the past or even books based on the severe winters experienced?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: A foggy and frosty morning with newly fallen pristine snow - Paradise!
Posted

Thanking you HS, I will purchase the original version as I have the 2010 one which was very good. Thanks again bud

Posted

Evening all, what a pishy dreich day. Watched lovely snaw falling last night and left a dusting, now 7c and drizzle. Posted Image

Dec's went up on 1st here, so going to enjoy a festive tipple or 6. Posted Image

Second anniversary of Bawbag the morn.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: A foggy and frosty morning with newly fallen pristine snow - Paradise!

Thanking you HS, I will purchase the original version as I have the 2010 one which was very good. Thanks again bu

Read the Amazon reviews for the 2010 updated version as they say there is no real difference between the two except for the 26 page Winter 2010 update Bullseye.

• Like 1

Posted

Read the Amazon reviews for the 2010 updated version as they say there is no real difference between the two except for the 26 page Winter 2010 update Bullseye

Cheers man, thats my early xmas present for myself out the window , ah well, was going to purchase "not by fire but ice" by Robert Felix but the price is touch to high to say the least!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Cheers man, thats my early xmas present for myself out the window , ah well, was going to purchase "not by fire but ice" by Robert Felix but the price is touch to high to say the least!

As well as Frozen Britain I have Robin Stirling's "The weather of Britain" and if you like reading about historical storms and blizzards in Scotland A.lastair Dawson's "So Foul and Fair a Day" has loads of info from way back.

Nothing much to write about here now with the temp up to 7C and the last tiny bits of snow disappearing at tea time.

• Like 2

Posted

Currently 10.2C and raining - dreich. Posted Image

Posted

Dry but overcast here at the moment, 8.9c in moderate WSWly breeze.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

AS HS said..... its a dull damp dismal dreich day...I swear i can see the Alantic as those grey clouds fly over my house from the West... still on the positive side the decs are up and kids excited and xmas party at village hall for them this avo....tree been re-decorated 12 times as 1 yr old keeps running away giggling with the bobbles.... gonna be a long fun December :)

• Like 2

Posted

Morning. I think eventually things will improve re our Christmas weather prospects. GFS on the overnights still persists with a slow  change starting around the 15th and has been showing this for quite a few runs now. Cold zonality it may be showing at the moment but could be good for some snow prospects Christmas week. Patience required I think. Who would have thought that we would have landed up with the July weather we did after such a cool start to the summer?

Disgustingly mild here this morning at 9.3c W wind and raining!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Dull and damp here this morning, but not raining and a big contrast in temperature from yesterday. Got my final 'cold fix' yesterday by going out around the local woods on my bike and I was frozen by the end of it. Ground here was still largely frozen and the snow survived at least into the evening. It's gone now of course and although I can't say exactly what the temperature is until Santa pays a visit, I'd not be surprised if it's hit double figures. 

Decorations went up yesterday so countdown to Xmas begins. Today's chores are making a big pot of beef broth and a steak and ale pie, so not really chores after all. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Tell me it's winter, 'cos it defo doesn't feel like it! It's 10.6c here, windy and rainy. Ach well, at least I can switch the heating off. Longing for some clear skies and frost....