Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Possible severe Atlantic storm Wednesday 18th December 2013 onwards

Coast

Posted

They will all be on the model thread trying to spot that endangered species a snow flake at T384.

Just checked and it's not very busy there, it's never this quiet when we have weather like this fast approaching.

Posted

Can someone answer this for me the black colour on the charts what is that indicating ? Cold ?

So many storms getting mighty confused away to kiss goodbye to my new beautifull fence it's been an awesome 4 months

Posted

Can someone answer this for me the black colour on the charts what is that indicating ? Cold ?So many storms getting mighty confused away to kiss goodbye to my new beautifull fence it's been an awesome 4 months

Sorry but I'm not good with these charts either so I can't help, the people who can have all gone on strike so you may have to wait awhile for the answer.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales/storms, snow, thunder!

Just checked and it's not very busy there, it's never this quiet when we have weather like this fast approaching.

Perhaps their all too busy Christmas shopping or battening down the hatches!

Posted

It is because the approaching LP is likely to just hit parts of Ireland & Scotland, so that's probably 10 million people at risk. While if it was to hit the south it would be 50 million.

Someone beat me to it....rats!!

Perhaps their all too busy Christmas shopping or battening down the hatches!

That had crossed my mind, well the shopping bit anyway.

We'll get told off in a mo for being off topic, but then there isn't much of it going on so does it matter.

• Like 2

Posted

Someone beat me to it....rats!!

That had crossed my mind, well the shopping bit anyway.

We'll get told off in a mo for being off topic, but then there isn't much of it going on so does it matter.

Lol I know tell me about it, they make me laugh with their rules sometimes. Trying to keep on topic though I can see places like Shetland and Isle of Man taking a real battering between now and the weekend.

• Like 1

Posted

Lol I know tell me about it, they make me laugh with their rules sometimes. Trying to keep on topic though I can see places like Shetland and Isle of Man taking a real battering between now and the weekend.

Well I think I'm gonna have a break from hitting the refresh button, wouldn't mind if it was busy so i'll pop back laters with the hope of having something new to read. Night all!!!!

• Like 3

Posted

From Ryan Maue's Twitter.

"UK news hyping Wed-Thurs storm yet? Sustained hurricane force winds look likely."

Posted Image

But it's ok Sainsbo because it's mostly up north and northerners are wind proof apparently lol ;-)

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

But it's ok Sainsbo because it's mostly up north and northerners are wind proof apparently lol ;-)

Sadly not, I appreciate that we are apparently a hardy bunch and the jest within, so not having a go. Reality is that the last system caused fatalities and it was Meto warned, timing is rotten, again risk of sustained wind profile at rush hour where this a school run before Xmas.

For a good example of where no matter what warnings are issued the inevitable finds a way, watch this.. Driver gets outta there sharpish..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-25372502

As much as I love the meteorological aspect of seeing these systems spawn from the pressure gradient of the subdued heights and vortex transfer, truth remains that a lot of folks will still be caught out by the unforeseen.

• Like 4

Posted

Sadly not, I appreciate that we are apparently a hardy bunch and the jest within, so not having a go. Reality is that the last system caused fatalities and it was Meto warned, timing is rotten, again risk of sustained wind profile at rush hour where this a school run before Xmas.

For a good example of where no matter what warnings are issued the inevitable finds a way, watch this.. Driver gets outta there sharpish..

As much as I love the meteorological aspect of seeing these systems spawn from the pressure gradient of the subdued heights and vortex transfer, truth remains that a lot of folks will still be caught out by the unforeseen.

Good lord, mother nature at her most powerful (maybe not her most, but you know what I mean)

I'm not liking this upcoming storm, it looks immense and powerful, with i'd say more in the way of sustained strong wind.

Have already warned family members.

• Like 1

Posted

Good lord, mother nature at her most powerful (maybe not her most, but you know what I mean)

I'm not liking this upcoming storm, it looks immense and powerful, with i'd say more in the way of sustained strong wind.

Have already warned family members.

Immense and powerful as it might well turn out to be it won't live up to 1987 and I'm sure people in the Phillippines would even consider that nothing more then a fresh breeze lol :-P 

MetO might have warned well about the last Scottish storm but there wasn't as much mention of it in the papers as say St'Jude for example which got hyped to be the biggest storm in living memory and in the end turned out to be a storm being born rather then 1 at it's peak (just ask the people in Denmark that experienced her full power less then 24 hours later)! Here she turned out to be rather anti-climatic to say the least.

looks like the isle of man could break its mooring and crash in to Cumbria !!...

As I said earlier Isle of Man is going to get battered lmao

Posted

Immense and powerful as it might well turn out to be it won't live up to 1987 and I'm sure people in the Phillippines would even consider that nothing more then a fresh breeze lol :-P 

MetO might have warned well about the last Scottish storm but there wasn't as much mention of it in the papers as say St'Jude for example which got hyped to be the biggest storm in living memory and in the end turned out to be a storm being born rather then 1 at it's peak (just ask the people in Denmark that experienced her full power less then 24 hours later)! Here she turned out to be rather anti-climatic to say the least.

As I said earlier Isle of Man is going to get battered lmao

I don't think anyone compared it to 1987 to be honest, and i'm not sure why we are talking about people in the Phillippines?

People lost their lives in the last storm, along with property and belongings. The storm on Wednesday night & Thursday is going to be bad by UK standards, and it's not something to be ignored to be fair.

I also don't think it's any laughing matter that the "Isle of Man is going to get battered". Some folk just don't realise how deadly, and how dangerous bad weather can actually be...

Just ask the family members of poor souls who have lost their lives.

• Like 3

Posted

I don't think anyone compared it to 1987 to be honest, and i'm not sure why we are talking about people in the Phillippines?

People lost their lives in the last storm, along with property and belongings. The storm on Wednesday night & Thursday is going to be bad by UK standards, and it's not something to be ignored to be fair.

I also don't think it's any laughing matter that the "Isle of Man is going to get battered". Some folk just don't realise how deadly, and how dangerous bad weather can actually be...

Just ask the family members of poor souls who have lost their lives.

I'm not disputing that fella, take a chill pill ;-)  The media tried to compare St'Jude to 1987 and it didn't happen or at least not to the level they had us fearing that's all I'm saying, the only real comparison that could be made is that like in 87 st'jude produced a sting jet effect!  I will be monitoring the approaching storms with some concern even for my location as the Netweather predicts a spell of winds between midnight and 3am Thursday morning of mean speeds of over 30mph with gusts over 50mph so certainly could get lively enough here, that would put it on a par with St'Jude to be honest when we had a few trees and fences down! I really do worry for those in the north though, especially as mentioned exposed coasts and headlines like Isle of Man, Anglesey, Shetland etc...

• Like 1

Posted

Posted Image

Looks like it bottoms out at 940mb on this run rather than 945mb like the 12z.

Wow that's a low pressure reading, surely 1 of the lowest for quite some considerable time?..  Friday/Saturday's low looks less potent now and seems to only take a swipe at the far north of Scotland but Wednesday is going to get pretty wild for most of us I think!

Posted

hi 

I'm from Estonia

Welcome to Netweather.  Hope you enjoy what we say

the weather is very changeable

Yes, it arrives with you 12-24 hours after it left us. Changeable is a polite word for it.  It looks as though you will not have a white Christmas