Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Output Discussion 17th Dec.2013-12z onwards.

phil nw.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Tomorrow afternoon when you wake up from your hangover, the polar vortex will be forecast to split and a cold spell will be forecast for mid January.Posted Image Or is that  the drink talking.

Russian Standard humour?Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

In my eyes still can't see much change in the current pattern, just minor 'tweaks' in the jet here and there but the overall theme looks pretty similar in FI (10 days or so) - let's hope we get something better in the New Year to look at as the ECM has been plain tedious to follow the last few weeks. Desperate times.

Happy New Year all!

Edited by Froze were the Days
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

It looks like the ECM Op is overdoing the high pressure at day 9 and 10

Op

Posted ImagePosted Image

Ensemble

Posted ImagePosted Image

Either way we should start and see some longer drier periods developing later next week if ECM is right

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

It looks like the ECM Op is overdoing the high pressure at day 9 and 10

Op

Posted ImagePosted Image

Ensemble

Posted ImagePosted Image

Either way we should start and see some longer drier periods developing later next week if ECM is right

People really could do with some drier weather, what with all the flooding, but more rain seems to be the model message tonight. I  thought stormy mild winters were a thing of the past, but they still crop up every two or three years, which is far better than when they were the norm i guess.Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme cold & snow

An indicator of temps easing down from the ECM 12z ENS as a bit of cold cheer for the NY.

Posted Image

Most importantly though - A Very Happy New Year to All you good folks whatever the weather may bring!

Edited by Purga
  • Like 4

Eyes down for the last GFS of the year- lets hope its been on the mulled wine

HAPPY NEW YEAR Posted Image

Happy New Year Steve and indeed all Net Weather members. Some how I can't see these models changing any time soon, we just seem stuck with cool, wet & at times windy weather. I think we've been spoilt over the last 3 or 4 winters. I hope I'm wrong and that we have a belting last two thirds of winter 2013/14.

• Like 3

Posted

A very merry and healthy new year one and all, including mildies ;)

Well the low over the states we have been watching all day is there again and very little change in my eyes on this run, however what is interesting is the Build of heights over Svalbard which have extended over to Greenland around 150... Big difference there.. No idea how this run is going to play out..

Edited by TSNWK
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in the Summer, cold and snowy in the winter, simples!

I know it's only NAVGEM but it is interesting in the context of the GFS 18z

Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold ,snow

A very merry and healthy new year one and all, including mildies Posted Image

Well the low over the states we have been watching all day is there again and very little change in my eyes on this run, however what is interesting is the Build of heights over Svalbard which have extended over to Greenland around 150... Big difference there.. No idea how this run is going to play out..

If the low at 174 hrs disrupts it mighnt be a good run from the pub run and may even slide south east!!!Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish Plumes, Blizzards, Severe Frosts :-)

As most of us are looking for a cold outlook, there is a colder few days coming up as we head into the weekend, the Gfs 18z op run shows saturday looking cold across most of the uk with temps barely above freezing and wintry showers around with widespread overnight frost and ice...Enjoy your Celebrations guysPosted Image

post-4783-0-58341600-1388528962_thumb.pn

post-4783-0-70821500-1388528971_thumb.pn

• Like 9

Posted

The difference between gfs and ECM at 240 are exceptional even for that range. ECM has us under a chilly uk hgh, GFS has us under a lobe of the vortex again...

Edited by TSNWK

Posted

SWW slowly getting closer, still in FI though...hopefully changes from this May start showing in the charts...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold ,snow

Even tho the 850s arnt great on the 18z in fi what does the effects of the pv lobe being over the uk bring???thanks in advance

Posted

Funny 18z. Held my interest during high rees with the build of those heights over Svalbard which then ridged over to Greenland. The heights were no match for the vortex... And low res was how its been recently with lobes of the vortex thrown towards us, it does end on pleasing note, I look forward to frostys updates on that.

All the best.

ThamesStreamerNorthWestKent...

Happy new year :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards

As most of us are looking for a cold outlook, there is a colder few days coming up as we head into the weekend, the Gfs 18z op run shows saturday looking cold across most of the uk with temps barely above freezing and wintry showers around with widespread overnight frost and ice...Enjoy your Celebrations guysPosted Image

Cheers Frosty - always look forward to your optimistical ramping updates  - anyway before I sign off here's another fabulous snow risk chart.

post-6879-0-97245300-1388531168_thumb.pn

All the best for 2014.

Ian

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Well amongst the c Rap weather so far this winter, I love this thread and I would just like to wish you all a very happy new year. Whatever you're doing tonight enjoy yourselves and take care. See you in 2014.

Posted Image

• Like 5