Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 03/01/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Just been way out into the place no weather enthusiast should ever contemplate, FI, guess what?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Is it true that as from Thursday things improve weather wise?

For a couple of days possibly

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

Morning all,

First day back in the office today and its horrid.

Couldnt sleep last night due to the rain hammering on the window and the wind was mental too. Rain again this morning, but now in Southwark and its actually stopped.....for all of 5 mins im sure.

You know what they say, Red sky in the morning......

Sheppard’s hut is on fire!!

Have a good un

• Like 4

Posted

More warnings for parts of our patch:

post-6667-0-75193100-1389084002_thumb.jp

Typically:

post-6667-0-42758000-1389084013_thumb.jp

http://warnings.severe-weather-centre.co.uk/southeastengland-index.html

Met office warning for today:

Yellow warning of Rain

post-6667-0-70350100-1389084123_thumb.jp

Bracknell Forest, Brighton and Hove, Buckinghamshire, East Sussex, Greater London, Hampshire, Isle of Wight, Kent, Medway, Oxfordshire, Portsmouth, Reading, Slough, Southampton, Surrey, West Berkshire, West Sussex, Windsor and Maidenhead, Wokingham

Issued at: 
0625 on Tue 7 Jan 2014

Valid from: 
1800 on Mon 6 Jan 2014

Valid to: 
0600 on Wed 8 Jan 2014

Heavy showers, some of them combined with hail and thunder, will continue to affect parts of southern England at times through the rest of Monday, Tuesday and early Wednesday.

The public should be aware of the risk of further localised flooding, especially in areas which have been affected in recent days. Further bands of showers running into southern counties have the potential to produce intense bursts of rain, these quickly leading to localised impacts given the very saturated ground. Hail will be an additional hazard associated with some of the heaviest showers. It won't be raining all the time, with some drier interludes likely but on the other hand, longer spells of rain may occur, more particularly in the southeast overnight into Tuesday and again, perhaps more widely, overnight into Wednesday. 15 to 25 mm may fall in around 6 hours at any time through this period, with overall 36-hour totals perhaps exceeding 40 mm at a few localities.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?tab=warnings&map=Warnings&zoom=5&lon=-3.50&lat=55.50&fcTime=1389052800&regionName=se

Edited by Coast
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Mornin each. Dull, quite strong breeze and gloomy in Ippy. And quite mild for time of year. Aaaand its just started raining. You can always tell....the cats appear at the window looking alarmed. :)

Have a good day, folks.

• Like 1

Posted

Aaaand its just started raining. You can always tell....the cats appear at the window looking alarmed. 

Posted Image

:unsure: 

• Like 3

Posted

Very heavy rain when I left at 7.40am in Stevenage.

And one lightning strike.

the road looked like a river with so much water everywhere.

one good thing about the position of this jet stream, temp wise it's quite mild !

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Yellow Warning of Rain for London & South East England :

Bracknell Forest, Brighton and Hove, Buckinghamshire, East Sussex, Greater London, Hampshire, Isle of Wight, Kent, Medway, Oxfordshire, Portsmouth, Reading, Slough, Southampton, Surrey, West Berkshire, West Sussex, Windsor and Maidenhead & Wokingham

Yellow Warning of Rain for East of England :

Essex, Southend-on-Sea & Thurrock

Heavy showers, some of them combined with hail and thunder, will continue to affect parts of southern England at times through the rest of Monday, Tuesday and early Wednesday.

The public should be aware of the risk of further localised flooding, especially in areas which have been affected in recent days.

Issued at:

0625 on Tue 7 Jan 2014

Valid from:

1800 on Mon 6 Jan 2014

Valid to:

0600 on Wed 8 Jan 2014

Further bands of showers running into southern counties have the potential to produce intense bursts of rain, these quickly leading to localised impacts given the very saturated ground. Hail will be an additional hazard associated with some of the heaviest showers. It won't be raining all the time, with some drier interludes likely but on the other hand, longer spells of rain may occur, more particularly in the southeast overnight into Tuesday and again, perhaps more widely, overnight into Wednesday. 15 to 25 mm may fall in around 6 hours at any time through this period, with overall 36-hour totals perhaps exceeding 40 mm at a few localities.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?regionName=uk&from=rss&sn=AAF1B6E0-F489-9C79-FC03-669894A4B7E5_8_SE&tab=warnings&map=Warnings&zoom=5&lon=-3.50&lat=55.50&fcTime=1389139200

Posted

Dull and damp here this morning.  Rain woke me up during the night and I couldn't get back off to sleep - so am really feeling knackered this morning!

Also really not enjoying these dark mornings - if it isn't going to snow this winter (the only thing I actually enjoy about winter) then roll on spring!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Evening folkes,

Cant really believe what i am seeing on the news in chicago!

maisey said 'oh mummy why cant we get that here?' i said 'err you dont want it believe me' thats a bit extreme:)

Then to all the questions i get about us getting weather from the usa ???

Here we go again........:/

Just tell her if it gets here it'll be our next wind storm. I hope those storms stop soon.

Edited by alexisj9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Just had one of those very intense burst of rain here which when I looked out actually turned out to be hail ....post-10773-0-99472700-1389086005_thumb.j

So dark out there it's like night time - if I didn't have so much to do I'd go back to bed !

• Like 1

Posted

Something interesting in with all the rain:

post-6667-0-35602100-1389086543_thumb.jp

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

A well.....all this rain, wind, thunder, lightning, hail etc.....there can only be one explanation.........

post-17085-0-64169900-1389086547_thumb.j

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental. Dry air, storms and snow.

lightning back home in Leighton Buzzard - could be some here in London too soon by the looks!

• Like 1

Posted

lightning back home in Leighton Buzzard - could be some here in London too soon by the looks!

I hope so - anything has to be better than this dreary weather we have this morning! 

Posted

This weather is completely bonkers. Blowing a gale with driving rain out there now; son and hubby just beat their way to the car in a squally gust for dentist appointment (son hoping to finally have braces removed) and then all off to Uxbridge later for work for me and play date for the lad (they are not back at school until tomorrow). Really do hope this will clear soon, even a walk down the street becomes an endurance test.

Edit: Aaannd, yes, we've just had the roll of thunder...

Edited by Reefseeker
  • Like 3

Posted

thunder here now as well.. do believe ive had more thunder here this week then the whole of the last 2 summers

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Looks like it's heading eastwards on radar, I expect it will weaken before it gets here.

Posted

The leak on the roof that hubby mended has sprung up somewhere else.  It's like a scene from 'Waters of Mars' (Doctor Who reference) :(

• Like 3