Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Regional Weather Discussion 27/01/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted

It's as you we're with the weather really although it has been wet at times (dried off for now)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Drizzle, low cloud, murk, gloom, rain, rinse, repeat.

A very accurate description of Dyce this morning!

Gimme at least a glimpse of the sun, or failing that even something that resembles a cloud rather than a suffocating, monochrome, light grey blanket of nothingness.

• Like 1

Posted

The main rain's cleared...........but the cloud remains. Can't remember last time there was a enitre week without any sun

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thundery summers, very snowy winters! Huge Atlantic Storms!

post-21143-0-09156700-1396641771_thumb.p

This looks lovely! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Drizzle, low cloud, murk, gloom, rain, rinse, repeat.

Snap, both on the north coast and at home on the Black Isle. Rubbish for spring. It's been a long time since there's been a decent spell of weather.

Hello, are you listening, Mr Omnipotent?

• Like 1

Posted

Nice gentle rain over the last few days to lay the dust  and get the barley growing.Currently overcast and 11c. Almost a happy farmer!!! Grass fields greening up.

• Like 1

Posted

We've hit 10c for the first time in over two weeks! 10.5c and there's even a glimmer of something akin to sunshine!

Posted

Snap, both on the north coast and at home on the Black Isle. Rubbish for spring. It's been a long time since there's been a decent spell of weather.

Hello, are you listening, Mr Omnipotent?

Apparently he was listening as today's quite pleasantly warm!

• Like 1

Posted

Another day of no sun but at least the mist and murk has cleared

Posted

12.3c at 9am at Leuchars....you can tell the easterly influence has gone. Sunny spells this morning, current temp in my back garden 12.9c.

The upcoming week looks much better for those of us on the east coast - Spring is back on track!

Posted

Thankfully in this little part of the world, The rain band's split as a consequence we're staying dry (for now)

Posted

Well my NW extra sub ran out a few days ago and the weather has been so flipping uneventful the last while, I'm not even tempted to renew it. How times change - a succession of cold winters when I've been glued to the models for months, but not any more...

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thundery summers, very snowy winters! Huge Atlantic Storms!

Take a look at this:

April 4th 1997

post-21143-0-62946600-1396800123_thumb.p

April 4th 2014

post-21143-0-23830900-1396800124_thumb.p

Can anyone explain further on this topic I'm not familiar with it. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Can't complain about the weekend just passed. It may not have been outstanding but it was decent. Both days were dry, but I think we had a little rain overnight Sat into Sun. Saturday started bright but clouded over for a while before the sun broke through in spells again later in the afternoon. It was nice enough that I couldn't justify putting off cutting the grass for the first time this year, especially since it's been shooting up in the last week or so.

Sunday wasn't too dissimilar. Cloudy most of the day but also with some spells of sunshine. Despite a brisk breeze it felt pleasant, especially in the sun. In fact when I took the dog out mid afternoon I'd to take off the light jacket I had on, so down to a t-shirt and light fleece, as I was too hot.

This morning so it's dry and fairly mild again but there's an unbroken sheet of white/light grey cloud so no sun.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, ice, cold

How much serious, steady, heavy, persistent rain do we get in Embra?Last Tuesday it really rained. Thoroughly. And I had to go out. And I realised I don't actually own a proper waterproof jacket, and had to go out wrapped in a large shawl looking like my own great-grandmother crossed with a Russian refugee fleeing the Bolsheviks… I hadn't realised how dry it is here. It drizzles a lot, yes, and it spits and we have short sharp showers, but I seem to have managed for at least the last 5 years with nothing more weatherproof than a heavy-knit cardigan, even through that wonderful Big Freeze winter of snow. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Well, it was a return to gales for us yesterday, along with some light but very horizontal rain. Had to go chasing my washing! Today much improved, cloudy/sunny but cool. Hey, I can live with that. Currently 13.6 oot, pressure 1001.

Posted

Fine day again with almost no wind and a top temperature of 10c.Watched rain go all round us allowing us to finish rolling in fine dusty conditions.post-2744-0-44317500-1396891517_thumb.jp

• Like 3

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Perfect conditions for rolling NL, looks like the weather has been on your side today ! 

Complete washout here in the Pennines.

Posted

Fine day again with almost no wind and a top temperature of 10c.Watched rain go all round us allowing us to finish rolling in fine dusty conditions.Posted Image20130406_161439.jpg

That could have been anywhere in Easter Ross too. Although funnily enough I was over at Cawdor this morning, a grey but pleasantly spring-like scene with lambs and daffs everywhere.  And hundreds of sheep packed into one neep field alone, with a sign nearby advertising neeps for sale.  Before or after processing by sheep?

Started eating home-grown spring cabbage today, they've been a bit slow to bulk up but they're getting on now and tasting wonderful. Good to get early(ish) greens. Got a bit annoyed with the cats though, not doing their job: birds have been in, pulling up onions!

• Like 2

Posted

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Starting to lift here, but too cold to garden without a coat on Posted Image

Edited by mardatha

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/cold in winter, hot and sunny in summer

Was playing tennis at Dunfermline tennis club yesterday evenin and I must admit it was very pleasant, nice and mild, dry with the sounds of racquet on ball. almost seemed like asummer evening. Looking good in alloa too at the moment!

Posted

Another glorious day here with strong spring sunshine and a fresh  west wind currently 9c.We have been very fortunate up here in the  North of Scotland with ideal sowing conditions in the last 5 weeks, rest of Scotland not so lucky, see article.http://www.thescottishfarmer.co.uk/news/fortunes-mixed-on-growing-front.23928036

Posted

That sun really feels quite warm (even if the temperatures aren't that warm) you can feel it getting stronger now