Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Regional Weather Discussion 27/01/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Latest ECM at +144hrs. I don't believe it!

http:////d321955.r.worldssl.net/forum/public/style_images/master/attachicon.gif22nd April 00z ECM +144hrs.gif

It's three weeks late for April Fool's Day.

The later frames are sick with hail, sleet and snow showers at the start of May in the northern half of the country, 850 temps of -7ºC.

Not good as we are just about to put cattle out full time so on the basis of this we will keep them in for another week as we are very exposed to the north and east.

Posted

After 4 predominantly sunny days it's all change this morning. Overcast and raining, 9c/7c with a NEly breeze.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/cold in winter, hot and sunny in summer

Latest ECM at +144hrs. I don't believe it!

http:////d321955.r.worldssl.net/forum/public/style_images/tctc91_simplify/attachicon.gif22nd April 00z ECM +144hrs.gif

It's three weeks late for April Fool's Day.

The later frames are sick with hail, sleet and snow showers at the start of May in the northern half of the country, 850 temps of -7ºC.

I expect some pretty hefty sowers too with possible thunder if we have any length of sunshine!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Catch, dinny take this wrong pet, but...

gonny stop that? :diablo:

If we're getting :cold:  then JUST DINNY TELL ME! :angry:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, excitement of snow, a hoolie

Haar just off E.Lothian coast, small step inland and super sunshine lifting the temps. nicely. no idea where my thermometer monitor has gone though

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/cold in winter, hot and sunny in summer

Currently a mixture of heavy cloud and periods of sunshine here in Alloa. In the sunshine its very nice, pleasant. Looking like it could be distinctly cold next week, what are the chances of some BIG showers and storms do you think?

Edited by tempestwatch

Posted

Although there's nothing showing on radar for my postcode (yet) I can tell you we got a shower here. Unsurprising considering the way the clouds have been looking all day

Posted

Hey all, I wouldn't disregard some late season snow. Those with moderate elevation could get lucky? With charts like this... Low chance of verifying but it has been a consistent theme from the ECM.

post-19153-0-60155500-1398279852_thumb.j

:cold:

Edited by Daniel*

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

The first rain in a week fell last night and we are back to sunshine today! Been a fab week weather wise and good for the tourists. I tell them it's always like this on Skye...... wee minx that I am! :whistling:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level

If those charts are correct. Glencoe could start filling in again next Tuesday. I reckon they will lose the wall T Bar this weekend just. But if the snow comes back next week it will be back on again and we might even see the access poma back on! Full cover in May that would be special!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Interesting cold blast projected, that would blow some of the murk away, then followed by an unclear solution on the ridging from the Azores.

Cold start to May here... nice cold 850s and strong sunshine.. great recipe for good weather watching..

post-7292-0-12942100-1398509388_thumb.gi

• Like 2

Posted

Interesting cold blast projected, that would blow some of the murk away, then followed by an unclear solution on the ridging from the Azores.

Cold start to May here... nice cold 850s and strong sunshine.. great recipe for good weather watching..

http:////d321955.r.worldssl.net/forum/public/style_images/master/attachicon.gifECU0-144.gif

Will have to get the camera out if this comes off as there should be some good cloudscapes across the Firth.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Will have to get the camera out if this comes off as there should be some good cloudscapes across the Firth.

Yes indeed! There's been little to get excited about recently although there was a blood-red moon setting this evening.  Got a couple of interesting pix which I'll try to post tomorrow.

http:////d321955.r.worldssl.net/forum/public/style_images/tctc91_simplify/attachicon.gifECU0-144.gif

Good to see a chart posted too. Just no sleety blizzard in the next week please :winky:

What's happened in here? We seem to have lost some of the regulars... Is the weather just boring or is there some other deeper problem? :cc_confused:

• Like 1

Posted

Tis the annual strip back to the hardcore HC - nothing tae worry aboot :)

ECM hangin in their with the colder air

post-7292-0-90630200-1398641096_thumb.gi

Edited by lorenzo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Looking at daytime temps of 6c for NE Scotland by the weekend! Next they will be forecasting phantom snow again! :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Lovely morning here so far today, much better than anything we had over the weekend. Saturday started very misty/foggy, cleared to sunny spells for an hour or two in the afternoon then clouded over again. Sunday was mainly dry and cloudy, with a little sun in the morning and a little light rain in the afternoon & evening.

Can't say I'm looking forward to even a brief cold spell, but anything relatively dry and sunny I'll take irrespective of the temperature.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Maxed at 21C this afternoon, a few miles north of Forsinard. A blue sky, summer's here with the Swallows, flies everywhere (no midges!), tarmac melting (ahem, no), get out and enjoy it cos it won't last, day!! :crazy::clap:

Dusk yesterday...

Edited by Hairy Celt
  • Like 5

Posted

Not sure if anything will happen but the skies are looking pretty stormy to the west of Edinburgh at the moment. It's that high based stuff that doesn't look like much but sometimes ends up bringing a small storm. We shall see I guess!

Edited by Ross B

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thundery summers, very snowy winters! Huge Atlantic Storms!

A warm, summery evening here, currently 18.7C and clear, blue sky!! Looking good tomorrow for some thunder and lightning, bet you I'll be trying on suits when there's action. :):clapping:

• Like 1

Posted

Evening all, and apologies for my dereliction of duty, but combo of work and BT have aided my absence.

Weather been, well the weather, lots of sun, some rain, but mostly sun thankfully. Spent more time on M6 than any traffic cop this year, and about to head of to Asia for work, so lots of different weather to experience. I promise I will check in more regularly now that BT have been disposed of and work has settled into a routine again for a wee while at least.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, excitement of snow, a hoolie

Just passed a little girl who asked her Granny " Is is raining?"

"No that's the Haar with a wee bitty smirr in it."

How beautifully put

• Like 4

Posted

Nice drop of rain overnight.   Never seen the subsoil so dry so it will help. Currently dull  and 9c

Countryside has really greened up in the last week with nearly all trees coming into leaf except for the ash trees on the farm

• Like 1

Posted

Tis a right driech day the day. High pressure can sit in anytime it likes please !!

• Like 1