Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales, The Midlands and Southwest England - Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted

Sunny again here now had a couple of rumbles of thunder from cell that passed over Severn Estuary, that's now producing hail as it moves towards the midlands, another cell has popped up to my south with very dark skies no thunder heard.

Posted

Looking good for you I say Bish. Redditch then S Brum?

A few rumbles, but they sound a long way away. No rain as yet. Looks to me like the worst of it is passing to the south of here.

Bish

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Shipston-on Stour now the place to be, this will head towards Southam then Rugby, while the Stratford/ Warwick one dies off somewhat.

Posted

Showers finally moving away from here, no thunder/hail/lightning, just a thoroughly wet day in the end, here's hoping the hook of the low stays north tomorrow to give a nice Sunday.

Posted

Southam storm coming into view from Cov:

http://bws.users.netlink.co.uk/webcam.htm

• Like 1

Posted

Ooops it got blotted out by a shower between :)

Posted

Turned into a nice quite sunny day; hit 21C around 1430 with the sun out. Nothing in the way of thunder despite some hefty rain on and off for 24 hours.

Despite the weather generally moving W-E, as the clouds are doing now, that rain for some reason went S-N instead, which nearly always means no thunder here unless a cell can form right over us, as happened the other Friday night.

Posted
Dad heard thunder from Rugby although it appears to be dying down to his SE. 

Posted

Two claps of thunder within the past 10 mins. And a brief, but heavy rain shower. Sunny again now.

Posted

And as Tony H says nw x radar is laggy, I'm stuck at 16:40

Posted

Any chance of a new thread we are at 200pages and into August now, trawling through the thread is now a pain because its so large. TA

Posted

Yes been bad all day a bit frustrating when you want to keep up!

Posted

Radar seems to have caught up on itself now.

17:50 all ok

• Like 1

Posted

Breezy but nice evening. Just ran my r/c egress (new build 13 edition) down the lane!

Possible NLC night?

Posted

Decidedly chilly out there doing the dog walk, just 13c now, should 've wore a coat!

Lovely evening now, solid sunshine and a pleasant fresher feel after the (none) storms :) one rumble hardly merits a ts lol..

No but put it down as a thunder heard day :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

I think a Bristol Channel streamer might be setting up overnight into the early hours. Was surprised by the sound of rain on the roof after going out half an hour ago and it being completely clear.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Decidedly chilly out there doing the dog walk, just 13c now, should 've wore a coat!No but put it down as a thunder heard day :)

This has nothing to do with your quoted text, it was just my only option, as signal is poor here at Camp Bestival.I was going to ask this earlier but I forgot. Weirdly, I remembered while I was here LOLHave you still had a thunderstorm every month so far?This better go through, I had to type that twice

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

A low of 9.8c last night.. This Morning is very blustery, Gusting 30.4mph S/W. Average wind 17.5mph with sunny spells.

Temp 15.7c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Low of 10.5C overnight. Sunny this morning with light cloud but a brisk chilly breeze. Autumn has arrived.

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

Have you still had a thunderstorm every month so far?Yes.  I hadn't noticed until you mentioned it!  Also, we've already had 14 thunder days here which is more than all the year totals apart from 2000 (since 1999) and as that total was 14, I think we have agood chance of exceeding it this year.

Posted

This has nothing to do with your quoted text, it was just my only option, as signal is poor here at Camp Bestival.I was going to ask this earlier but I forgot. Weirdly, I remembered while I was here LOLHave you still had a thunderstorm every month so far?This better go through, I had to type that twice

Hi yes still going to July, thunder heard each month of the year, on 10 days in total so far, still waiting for August but plenty of time :)