Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales, The Midlands and Southwest England - Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Hindsight and all that..

Foresight needed. No models screamed out rainfall that would cause any problems. The MO do it rather a lot for normal frontal rain, it is overkill.

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Very heavy shower here just now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow

my poor lettuce seedlings took a battering with that heavy rain last night.  hope they survive.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Foresight needed. No models screamed out rainfall that would cause any problems. The MO do it rather a lot for normal frontal rain, it is overkill.

Better forewarned

Posted

Just how I like my summer weather, decent rainfall overnight , clear blue skies next morning, spot on :clap:

Depends if you left your sunroof open or not, I guess..  :unsure2:

Rain was pretty heavy last night, heavy enough to blast the moss out of the joints in the block paving at work, the place looked like it had been raining moss..

Posted

Another nice warm bright day max 22c, when will the good weather end :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

An alright day after the cloud dispersed ,,21.5c. With sunshine..

Posted

Lovely again now, was lots of cloud earlier that vanished when the wind changed from SW to W- as if by magic. Up to 22C again, the lack of those pesky cool days has been a real treat this summer.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

interesting forecast from our own Fergie on Points West for the west country....dry, sunny and warm tomorrow and then the words I love to hear..."showers and thunderstorms for friday" 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Lovely day here with lots of sunshine pretty much lasting all day and 24c. :D

interesting forecast from our own Fergie on Points West for the west country....dry, sunny and warm tomorrow and then the words I love to hear..."showers and thunderstorms for friday" 

Where on Earth is the thunder risk on Friday? Don't see any at all, not on the GFS anyway? As much as I'd love it to be true!

Edited by Costa Del Fal

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Lovely day here with lots of sunshine pretty much lasting all day and 24c. :D

Where on Earth is the thunder risk on Friday? Don't see any at all, not on the GFS anyway? As much as I'd love it to be true!

not for you lot up in the midlands though...The NMM does model some elevated instability which ties in with a frontal system thrown up across southern counties from France...FAX concur...I guess that's why Ian has forecast a risk of thunderstorms

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

not for you lot up in the midlands though...The NMM does model some elevated instability which ties in with a frontal system thrown up across southern counties from France...FAX concur...I guess that's why Ian has forecast a risk of thunderstorms

Again I might be wrong but the NMM I see on Meteociel shows some instability/CAPE originating in the SE then travlling towards the Midlands, breaking out some heavier ppn.Though some ML Cape does push into CS areas very late on Friday. I can imagine too much cloud inhibiting things though during the day.

Edited by Costa Del Fal

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any extreme weather conditions

Saturday looks ok for the Shrewsbury show, fireworks in the rain wouldn't do. Hope the storm risk for Friday and Sunday comes off

Posted

Cracking morning warm sunny 19c!

Posted

Sunny out today cooler then yesterday.

We do have a yellow warning for rain through for Sunday. 

There is the risk of severe weather during Sunday as a depression tracks over, or close to, the UK. At this stage there is more than average uncertainty in the forecast, but the public should be aware of the risk of heavy rain, strong winds and large waves, sufficient to disrupt transport and make outdoor activities dangerous. 

This is a particularly volatile situation, and this warning is likely to be changed as the event approaches. 

The remains of hurricane Bertha, over the western side of the Atlantic on Thursday morning, will come steadily towards the UK. The transition from a tropical to an extra-tropical feature is a particularly hard one to forecast with confidence, and computer models continue to differ in the location and intensity of the resulting depression, which is expected to pass over, or close to, the UK from early on Sunday. 

There is the potential for widespread rainfall totals of more than 50 mm and coastal gusts of over 60 mph,  along with large waves. However, the system may pass harmlessly to the south of the country. or spread heavy rain even further north, and the public are advised to keep up to date with warnings. 

Posted

Potential being the operative word

Posted

24°C feeling quite warm today.

Yes, but less humid and with a light breeze inland so a good 'doing' day. Driving past Lyme Regis the sea looked calm with loads of boaters out there enjoying the sun.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

It was just about a perfect weather day, for summer, on Chesil Beach this morning.  Warm sunshine, pleasant breeze, great selection of clouds to watch.  Had a very enjoyable time!

post-8165-0-01182200-1407432259_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Posted

Another lovely day with lots of sunshine over Malvern today where I have been. Currently 16c.

Posted

Well although it still felt warm in the bedroom last night, outside it dipped to 6.8c.

NO end to Summer as yet, warm sunny again, 22c now. That washout the models were showing earlier in the week for today not materialising.

Edited by TonyH

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Scrap the countryfile week ahead forecast! If you were here on holiday and planning activities for the week ahead, you'd be seriously pee'd off if you compare it to the week of weather we've actually had.

It's not the first time and it won't be the last either, but unless high pressure is slap-bang over the UK, the week ahead forecast is a waste of air time.

Currently 21°C a few sunny spells, quite muggy.

Just looked back at some stats, the last time it didn't make it to 20°C was on June 27th and June itself only had four days where it didn't reach 20°C - remarkable really.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

No sign of any storms or heavy showers here so far, although there has been a brief and very light shower in the last few minutes.

Past experience suggests everything will be further east or west of me, or am I just being pessimistic?

The last significant storm here was in July 2006.