Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales, The Midlands and Southwest England - Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Well the hazy sun should be on the way and when it arrives it is warm Conor :)

Posted

Had some rain this morning then dry spell,lots of high thin cloud around today.

Then saw what looked like a very heavy shower coming,a CB and it was much heavier than expected 3/4 inch of rain and an overhead crack of thunder water everywhere now.

Posted

I expect you ^^ are somewhere just north of Newtown then? 

Posted

I expect you ^^ are somewhere just north of Newtown then?

Correct looks like 2 red blobs on the radar,that was a bullseye.Wettest august for 2 years!!!
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

thunderstorm has fired to the north of Bristol baring down on Stroud by the looks of it

Posted

Correct looks like 2 red blobs on the radar,that was a bullseye.Wettest august for 2 years!!!

After just 5 days!

Shrewsbury about to get the thundery showers

Heard a rumble from the cell over Shrewsbury. Thought it was dying a death?

No its been pretty lively since it departed Aberystwyth earlier!

Edited by TonyH

Posted

Just been out walking could see the distant Shropshire and Herefordshire Cbs all the way from here about 70 miles away!

Posted

Dodged the downpours here (and the sunshine) but feeling warm and humid again this eve, 18.9c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds

That's some pretty heavy rainfall out there at the moment, looks like it may persist at this intensity for a while too!

Edited by Somerset Squall

Posted

Some showery outbreaks last night and this morning, there were some torrential downpours several miles north of here (just north of Honiton) earlier today lasting up to an hour in places with over an inch suggested by the Netweather radar. The river suddenly rose nearly 2ft late afternoon as the water came downstream.

Had some heavy rain here this evening, though it looks to have gone through now. Total 16.0mm since midnight, 11.2mm of that this evening.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Very wet here, not sure of my own total yet. It doesn't seem that bad though.. A warning may be a bit frivolous to be honest.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Lovely and warm tonight. Just how it should always be in August. Buggar off Autumnal charts!

• Like 1

Posted

Some really intense downpours last night just after midnight especially.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Just how I like my summer weather, decent rainfall overnight , clear blue skies next morning, spot on :clap:

Yep am with you on that! Torrential last night and I didn't water the garden last night either. How pleased am I !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

An eye watering 13.2mm of rain overnight, and going by the rainfall accumulation map, I didn't see a need for the warning.

Posted

Hindsight and all that..