Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales, The Midlands and Southwest England - Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Those thunderstorms nr Gloucester wont each here. Winds turning westerly through the day, not usually good for here.

Edited by Costa Del Fal

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

25mm measured at Bablake, Coventry in the 24 hours to 10am!

http://bws.users.netlink.co.uk/rollingstatistics.htm

Posted

Those thunderstorms nr Gloucester wont each here. Winds turning westerly through the day, not usually good for here.

They are currently tracking NE so may reach Warwickshire.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Think I may have just had a rumble of thunder, to my surprise.

Posted

25mm in Nottingham city centre since 9am. Reports of flooding in city according to bbc website

Looking at the radar could get towards 40mm I think depending on the convective elements in the system

Posted

I heard it too Costa. Think that's all we can expect today, just the odd rumble.

That really was a big rumble if you guys up in Telford are getting it. But yes really still dont expect any more today. Once winds turn westerly thats usually game over for anywhere W of Birmingham.

Posted

Sun just coming out here, albeit temporary judging by the radar returns.

Posted

Flash and quite a large rumble of thunder here about half an hour ago.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Another day of 20+ currently 21.3°C and sunny. I know it is never straightforward when it comes to this setup but I'm certainly surprised at how the majority of Dorset missed it all, a day not to have been written off after all.

post-15177-0-46783700-1407671617_thumb.j

• Like 1

Posted

Blue sky here now. Sadly I think the best chances are dissipating now. Still wouldnt rule out a storm throughout the day but probably pulse like nature. Oxford area the sweetspot again.

Posted

On Sat24 the cloud tops over Wales seem to have lowered and dont look so interesting so fairly dynamic rainfall expected only imo.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Dry here at the moment and there have even been a few brief glimpses of sunshine. I can't quite make up my mind whether the heavy rain to the south west is moving this way or whether it's moving east faster than it's moving north. The next half hour will decide it.

Posted

Here we go, everything developing in the East only now! Normal service resumes!

Posted

Posted

I am chuffed as my 3 rumbles this morning means its thunder heard 8/8 months of 2014 so far!

Expect the showers over Ireland to perhaps turn thundery here later this afternoon.

Edited by TonyH

Posted

Yep as I alluded to earlier all action reserved for the east. Game over for the west bar a sporadic rumble or two should a shower develop.

Posted

Perhaps the only saving grace for us in the west is that those storms in the East are not hanging about so no one is getting them for too long so not having too much fun! :p

Posted

Remember what I said about no wind here? Well, scrub that! It's really picked up in the last fifteen minutes or so. Still sunny, but with some dark skies to the SW presently.

Bish

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and a cracking thunderstorm

It's dry, slight bit of cloud and mainly blue skies with the sun shining outside. It's also fairly windy.

Today's total rainfall for here so far... a very poor 6.6mm. What a crock of shi...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

13.2mm in the downpours. .!8c. Humidity 76%. Pressure 1009.0hpa. temperature 18.1c. Gusts  15km/h. Broken cloud .Some sunny periods.

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Sharp showers blowing through now after some persistent rain this Morning and early Afternoon. Wind should pick up here late evening... 17.7mm so far today, Wind Gusting 29.4mph. 

Temp 14.2c

Edited by Polar Maritime