Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales, The Midlands and Southwest England - Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Lively little storm passing just south of Cov now

Posted

Bish where are you?

I'm here MIA!  :D

The worst of it passed to our south. We had a brief shower, but nothing more. However, I can still hear it rumbling away in the middle distance.

Pics taken from a mobile phone are never ideal, but this was the view looking directly south a couple of minutes ago  :)

post-13544-0-15217700-1407773099_thumb.j

Bish

• Like 1

Posted

Cool storm whizzed passed in the last half an hour, fairly frequent thunder and some flashes seen including a fun cross shape IC streak! Only a brief sharp shower overhead but 4 miles away my parents have a river running down their road.

What a thundery summer (year in fact) 2014 is proving to be! I even had thunder on 3 of the 5 days I was in Ireland last week!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

Lively little storm passing just south of Cov now

Probably the same storm I was watching develop.

Immediatrly to the south of us another cell has pushed up an anvil  (inside 10 mins) and is rapidly catching up with the first.

Also the first approached Solihull from WSW, but second one is going ESE. It could be a line of convergence is forming as the wind swings more NW.

The second appears now to have caught up the massive anvil to the  east of me and made quite a decent storm.

MIA

Posted

Probably the same storm I was watching develop.

Immediatrly to the south of us another cell has pushed up an anvil  (inside 10 mins) and is rapidly catching up with the first.

Also the first approached Solihull from WSW, but second one is going ESE. It could be a line of convergence is forming as the wind swings more NW.

The second appears now to have caught up the massive anvil to the  east of me and made quite a decent storm.

MIA

Indeed, the entire horizon to our S and SE is now jet black.

Bish

Posted

Despite the forecast for showers here it's been a very pleasant, dry afternoon with good spells of sunshine, blustery and cool in the wind but still decent in the sun at 19c!

Posted

Pretty stormy looking on the Bablake cam although it has passed just SE of there so far.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Cool storm whizzed passed in the last half an hour, fairly frequent thunder and some flashes seen including a fun cross shape IC streak! Only a brief sharp shower overhead but 4 miles away my parents have a river running down their road.

What a thundery summer (year in fact) 2014 is proving to be! I even had thunder on 3 of the 5 days I was in Ireland last week!

Yep, heard distant thunder and had a local downpour whilst out shopping a mile or two up the road from where I've registered a measly 0.6mm. I must have heard Thunder on some fifteen or sixteen occasions this year alone.

Posted

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Despite the forecast for showers here it's been a very pleasant, dry afternoon with good spells of sunshine, blustery and cool in the wind but still decent in the sun at 19c!

Conor, it appears the sun shines on the righteous, even in Telford. :rofl:

Posted

Coventry and Rugby cracked it again today

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

A very heavy sharp shower just blew over, Turned to hail at one point..

Posted

Coventry and Rugby cracked it again today

Yep, they've had a good summer storms-wise. You need to go on one of your 'exotic holidays' there before the summer is done.

Bish

• Like 2

Posted

Conor, it appears the sun shines on the righteous, even in Telford. :rofl:

Westerly winds always good for dodging showers here with rain shadow effect, should be same again tomorrow before washout Wednesday.

Posted

Westerly winds always good for dodging showers here with rain shadow effect, should be same again tomorrow before washout Wednesday.

And for once its not cloudy in your patch, ok still some cloud though. A few more active days on the cards for a fair few of us though, before a hint of transient HP ridge at the tail-end of the working week.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Any chance of some summer weather this week? Coming back from Crete at the end of the week and would love it to not feel like December!

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

Nice rainbow here after a hefty shower shortly after 18.00.

post-8165-0-76539700-1407788180_thumb.jp

• Like 3

Posted

Same here, thunder day in each month of the year to date, not had that happen before, here nor in the Midlands (where Winter thunder was a rarity cf here). Thunder heard on 11 days so far this year, previous highest in my record in this area being 11 in 2006 for the whole year, so that will go soon I should think. Certainly experienced more thunder days over a year at Coventry but not in every month, some years had nearer 20 days although I would have to check my records for there.

Surprisingly found some old records from Coventry:

Most thunder heard in one month 11 days June 1982

Most in a year 25 days 1983

Least in a year 8 days 1977

Mean year 1975 - 84 14.4 days

Edited by TonyH
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Currently 15C and clear, feeling fresh in the wind.

I've been in the garden trying to get some long exposure's of the shooting stars on my phone, I keep missing the sods lol

Decided to try the moon instead..

post-15177-0-69850800-1407801990_thumb.j

I'm sure you've seen better, but I challenge anyone to get a pic that good on a phone without binoculars or a telescope :p

Edited by Mapantz
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

I've been in the garden trying to get some long exposure's of the shooting stars on my phone, I keep missing the sods lol

Decided to try the moon instead..

http:////f1.nwstatic.co.uk/forum/public/style_images/tctc91_simplify/attachicon.gifWP_20140812_00_27_40_Pro.jpg

I'm sure you've seen better, but I challenge anyone to get a pic that good on a phone without binoculars or a telescope :p

Too cloudy for the shooting stars in London, nice moon shot!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

I'm guessing no sign of summer by the end of the week then.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

I'm guessing no sign of summer by the end of the week then.

Sadly not really. :(

Posted

This sunny intervals and showers weather is pretty good :)

Edited by TonyH