Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales, The Midlands and Southwest England - Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Sferics close to the Malverns

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Some fairly high-quality showers seem to have been packing in from Western and South-Western Wales in the last hour or so. Really would like one of those to defeat the Solihull Storm shield. 

It can be one annoying aspect about these sunshine and shower scenarios - sometimes the clouds that produce the showers think it's a good idea to go and deliberately avoid your area. It's as though they're thinking  "Oh no, that guy. We'll make sure we stay clear of his house and go somewhere else..." :nonono:

I know, to be fair, getting a direct hit with a heavy or thundery shower every time would be infeasible, and having a completely dry day is, at least, more preferable than experiencing a prolonged shower that just gives... drizzle!

Posted

I like at as I love watching the clouds go by, and develop/ decay, wondering where they are or if they are coming my way. I can sit out in the sunny intervals which are nice and warm as it is August, and then pop in and examine the radar, etc, great fun! In anycase it is dry for over 90% of the time on days like this as the showers usually last less than 5 minutes.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Yeah, that can be what makes these shower set-ups rather interesting with that suspense and tension it brings, not to mention the decorative cloud structures that can result from it. I would certainly personally take this over a frontal rain set-up (even if it can be (a tad) annoying when a torrential shower literally misses you by half a mile to your South or something, lol). :)

• Like 1

Posted

Quite a treat on Brumcam just heard the thunder not seen lightning yet though. Looks like hail shafts in the sun as it moves away east.

Edited by TonyH

Posted

Meh just spits and spots of rain at best here, not as much sunshine as yesterday and cooler, only 16.1c atm with a blustery wind!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Yet another Down pour.. Always over  in no time.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Some nice big convective drops here. Seems like Stourbridge/Halesowen is the sweetspot in the UK so far today. :D

Posted

Fairly blustery all day, max 30mph with wind from W/WSW. Temp 17C with variable cloud but mainly convective as in photo just now but managed to avoid any showers.

post-12275-0-59360300-1407862156_thumb.j

Edited by knocker
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Just the odd spit/spot here to.. Some nice looking cloud bubbling up to my East.

post-12319-0-37105700-1407863059_thumb.j

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Sounds like good spring/autumn weather at home. Would be nice if it was a bit warmer, like low twenties. Could get some decent thunderstorms in a slacker warmer airflow.

Posted

Lovely Rainbow here just now.

post-12319-0-96615500-1407867461_thumb.j

• Like 1

Posted

Max of only 17.7c here today, coolest day in over two months, glimmers of hope however for high pressure to build in for Bank Holiday weekend even if it is a cool high.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

We had heavier showers late yesterday evening than during the whole of the day. 0.6 mm of rain from 0800-1800 g.m.t and then 3.0 mm an hour or so before midnight.

I'm not expecting much from today's showers but tomorrow shows potential for a few heavy ones.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

20°C and it was sunny.

Unbelievably, the radar shows heavy showers heading this way. I missed them all on Monday and Tuesday and the forecast said yesterday that a change in wind direction would see few showers. That maybe true overall but it doesn't look like it for here.. That's going to mess my plans up- just can't win.

Posted

Barely any sunshine today and bland showers, 16.9c, looking at todays charts we may well be on track for one of the worst/coolest August's in many years.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

20°C and it was sunny.Unbelievably, the radar shows heavy showers heading this way. I missed them all on Monday and Tuesday and the forecast said yesterday that a change in wind direction would see few showers. That maybe true overall but it doesn't look like it for here.. That's going to mess my plans up- just can't win.

Coming down your way Sunday, Weymouth in fact, beens we have a Northwestly in the forecast for pretty much if not all of the coming week do you get any shelter from the wind down there ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Heavy rain and a couple of rumbles of thunder last night, and I can hear thunder just now from a potent little cell just to the South of me.

Posted

The heaviest downpour of the year here just, max rate 122.6mm/ hour @ 1005, 10mm in 15 minutes and 18mm past hour, no thunder though. Still pouring but just regularly!

Edited by TonyH

Posted

We seem to be stuck in a line of moderate rain moving east through Wales. Cool and wet. A contrast to yesterday which was pleasantly warm and conducive to a couple of hours gardening.