Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales, The Midlands and Southwest England - Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and a cracking thunderstorm

Had a quick 5 minutes of drizzle earlier, besides that it's just been nothing but warm and "muggy". *grumbles*

However, just looking outside and I think this is the tallest looking cloud I've seen in a very long time (sadly the photo doesn't make it seem so tall, but trust me, it's stupidly tall).

Posted Image

Posted

Classic Telford sun shield day today, 22c almost in Shawbury down the road with long amounts of sunshine but limited sunshine here shown well on the satellite in a line coming in from Wales.

Tomorrow looks nice enough though providing the showers dodge us!

Edited by conor123

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Low of 10.5C overnight. Sunny this morning with light cloud but a brisk chilly breeze. Autumn has arrived.

Are you being serious? I hope not. Lows of 7-10c are quite possible in July too if a northerly airflow was in place I reckon!

Lovely sunny and warm day at 23c. A little too breezy at times but otherwise not a bad day for some sunbathing. :)

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Had 3c in July here! Lovely warm but rather windy day plenty of sun.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I've just had a thought or two as to why I'm posting in this thread. My location is not straight forward, I can be classed as south east sometimes, particularly on a regional TV forecast. I have always believed I'm part of the south west, since I was old enough to remember..

Some of the accents could prove that lol

This weekend has been awesome, Camp Bestival etc.. It has had me remembering things that I should have posted ages ago. The joys of chilling in a tent :D

Posted

I've just had a thought or two as to why I'm posting in this thread. My location is not straight forward, I can be classed as south east sometimes, particularly on a regional TV forecast. I have always believed I'm part of the south west, since I was old enough to remember..Some of the accents could prove that lol 

Yeah it's real pain as some folks post in the SE quadrant's thread, some in the SW. I was posting SE, then noticed you posted SW, so I'm here until winter, when we have our rights as  separatists restored :ninja:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Almost 100% clear blue skies this morning with just a few odd dotty pieces of cloud raiding the skies! Very similar conditions to what it's like on here (minus the convective looking cloud in the distance)...

post-10703-0-27842500-1407136604_thumb.j

Very calm too, but is a touch on the cool side with the temperature around 14*C.

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

A cloudy night with a min temp of 10.2c, Currently cloudy with light Westerly winds, Temp 12.6c.

Posted

Gorgeous sunny morning, 17.1c.

Edit: A lot of cloud popping up now,chance of some heavy downpours later perhaps?

Edited by conor123

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

A much more typical August morning here. Fresh but feeling warm in the sun, light to no wind, largely blue skies with some cirrus and fair weather cumulus about. If only the weekend were just a blip. 20.6C currently.

Posted

Off sightseeing to Northern Ireland early tomorrow until late next Sunday, shame today looks like the best day of the week there! And erm to the weekend possibilities!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow

I've just had a thought or two as to why I'm posting in this thread. My location is not straight forward, I can be classed as south east sometimes, particularly on a regional TV forecast. I have always believed I'm part of the south west, since I was old enough to remember..Some of the accents could prove that lolThis weekend has been awesome, Camp Bestival etc.. It has had me remembering things that I should have posted ages ago. The joys of chilling in a tent :D

I would have thought you were definately not in the south east, regardless of what the regional forecast tells you otherwise.

I've just had a thought or two as to why I'm posting in this thread. My location is not straight forward, I can be classed as south east sometimes, particularly on a regional TV forecast. I have always believed I'm part of the south west, since I was old enough to remember..Some of the accents could prove that lolThis weekend has been awesome, Camp Bestival etc.. It has had me remembering things that I should have posted ages ago. The joys of chilling in a tent :D

i can sympathise though as i have exactly the same problem.  Northamptonshire is bordered by the midlands, east anglia and the south east so could come under any of those locals.

Posted

Sunny and warm all afternoon in Carmarthen but a line of heavy showers tracking 3 to 6 miles to NW, really angry looking skies, radar suggests over 22mm in a few places in that area. Only a few spots of rain fell back home but got the cloud after sun this morning.

I would have thought you were definately not in the south east, regardless of what the regional forecast tells you otherwise.

i can sympathise though as i have exactly the same problem.  Northamptonshire is bordered by the midlands, east anglia and the south east so could come under any of those locals.

Northampton is to me East Midlands plain and simple!

Edited by TonyH

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Dorset is always SW to me. The best one imo! :D

Very decent day here again, just cloudy for a little bit this afternoon. Warm at 23c.

Easily some of the wosrt August charts I have ever seen for this weekend though. Why is it always just the damn UK that has to suffer. Pretty much mine for everyone else except perhaps the fringes of our nearest countries. How much is it to ask for 3 decent summer months. 

Edited by Costa Del Fal
  • Like 2

Posted

Fairly cloudy skies at times today, certainly a lot more of a 'familiar' summer feel at the minute with stratocumulus mania back in action, still managed 21c regardless.

Posted

I'm sure I'll be torn a new a-hole for saying this, but I'm looking forward to something a bit wet & windy. It is too early, I will admit that, but being an all-rounder, I love a cat amongst the pigeons now and again! I don't mind the heat or cold- I'd welcome snow or a heat wave tomorrow?! I sympathize with those who want a continual period of warmth and sunshine, likewise with those who suffer with hay fever or hate the heat.

Rain total reports in here, should be interesting over the coming 7 or 8 days.

Dead on 13C here. Single sheet has gone back to the duvet!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Damp. Overcast. Misty start.  Still mist in the valley. Precipitation 0.6mm.  Humidity  89%. Pressure 1027.5 hpa.  Temperature 17.7c.  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Currently invaded by sunshine-killing clouds, and it seems to be raining too (at Sutton Coldfield). Temperature around 17*C.

Posted

Yellow warning of Rain

Issued at: 
1054 on Tue 5 Aug 2014

Valid from: 
2200 on Tue 5 Aug 2014

Valid to: 
0800 on Wed 6 Aug 2014

Heavy rain is expected to spread from the southwest on Tuesday evening, affecting many areas overnight before clearing early on Wednesday morning.

The public should be aware of the potential for localised surface water flooding.

A frontal system containing warm, humid air is expected to bring heavy rain to Cornwall and Devon later on Tuesday evening, before spreading to parts of South Wales, the West Country and central southern England overnight. 20-40 mm could fall in some areas within about 6 hours, leading to some surface water flooding. 

Computer models are still presenting us with varying outcomes, a few of the latest having lesser amounts in general - hence this warning may be updated later today.

Posted

This is exactly why the NMM pees me off sometimes..

The Euro 4 has the highest totals in the area that the MO have put the warning, the complete opposite of the NMM totals.

post-15177-0-46017500-1407236574_thumb.gpost-15177-0-66505900-1407236583_thumb.p

Far too many discrepancies.

Posted

Surprisingly fine day, warm and humid too, hazy sunny spells, 23c, dry.

Posted

This is exactly why the NMM pees me off sometimes..

The Euro 4 has the highest totals in the area that the MO have put the warning, the complete opposite of the NMM totals.

http:////f1.nwstatic.co.uk/forum/public/style_images/tctc91_simplify/attachicon.gif14080606_0500.gifhttp:////f1.nwstatic.co.uk/forum/public/style_images/tctc91_simplify/attachicon.gifviewimage.png

Far too many discrepancies.

The joys of rainfall modelling - An imprecise science :)