Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales, The Midlands and Southwest England - Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Very nice...but only thing that worries me is the Met Office forecast it to weaken as it crosses the English Channel....here's hoping it doesn't!!

Will be hit and miss that he gets here and doesn't go too far west IMO. 

Nothing to be excited about yet.

We need normal regionals back this week.

It might take more than the English Channel to weaken that MONSTER!!!!!! .... Fingers ever so tightly crossed :p

" too far west " Please don't say that again :whistling: lol!

• Like 2

Posted

Hey guys do you think that MSC will reach the midlands? What time scale we looking at if it does? Cheers

Posted

Very nice...but only thing that worries me is the Met Office forecast it to weaken as it crosses the English Channel....here's hoping it doesn't!!

The same MO who haven't issued a warning all day, even for Wales which has, in parts, been pasted!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

The same MO who haven't issued a warning all day, even for Wales which has, in parts, been pasted!

Very true! If I get woken by up thunder tonight I will be more than happy to suffer a yawnfest at work tomorrow :)

Posted

Hopping

Give it time !!! , haven't you seen the radar! whats coming up from down south looks promising, these new threads combined is working well... :)

Love reading your posts from down south... INCOMING :good:

Hate to be pessimistic but stuff coming up from the south these days does one of two things:

Die out around the Shropshire/Herefordshire/Worcs border (and maybe kick off again over Cheshire)

Come storming up the Severn Valley only to do the Bridgnorth Right Turn and end up in Birmingham.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Virtually every shower missed here today, but took a pic of this little Cumulonimbus cloud while out for a stroll this afternoon. This of which appeared to have spreaded out as it annoyingly scraped past to the East of me. Not quite a direct hit. (I think it might have been from a developing shower at around 6:30pm when looking at the radar).

post-10703-0-12395300-1400532055_thumb.j

I just hope for the sake of those still after some thundery weather will have their wishes granted in the next few days, especially if those 'Monsters' to our South really do get here. But don't forget to visit Shropshire, though, thunderstorms!

• Like 3

Posted

Ponytpridd getting some too - couple of lightning flashes and a good few rumbles of thunder - that MSC looks flipping lovely too coming behind - could be a busy night

Posted

That coming up from France looks very interesting things could get a bit lively in the next few hours if that doesn't weaken when it crosses the channel. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

It's gone quiet here now think that's it?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms snow sun

Cool radar building towards us think it could be a noisy night still showing 14.7 outside on my weather station no wind very still

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

That coming up from France looks very interesting things could get a bit lively in the next few hours if that doesn't weaken when it crosses the channel. 

Looks like it is weakening in all honesty. I'm personally calling it quits shortly with sferic activity stopping just to the SW of here. Rather be woken up by something than stay up making myself tired and end up with bog standard rain.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thundersnow

That system coming up from France will shift too far West and most of it will die out before it makes landfall. Here's hoping I'm wrong but that's the way I see it. GOOD LUCK ALL

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: None Really but a snow lover deep down

That system coming up from France will shift too far West and most of it will die out before it makes landfall. Here's hoping I'm wrong but that's the way I see it. GOOD LUCK ALL

Yes I agree with that. Nevertheless, the atmosphere is very volatile up there and I think thunderstorms could pop up almost anywhere at anytime over the next 12 hours or so as the airflow continues to pivot them NW.
  • Like 2

Big flashes in Cardiff bright purple rain getting heavy

Looks like a Prince of a storm!!!

Soem heavy rain earlier (30-45 minutes ago), with some fork lightning, although not that close, going by the thunder timings.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

:cray:

Posted

All quiet for past hour, few fork lightning flashes but well to my East. 16c per garden thermometer. Touch and go, but the instability feels less now than earlier. May be the last of it...

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Will be hit and miss that he gets here and doesn't go too far west IMO. 

Nothing to be excited about yet.

We need normal regionals back this week.

Disagree. Helps and is more interesting seeing what our neighbours are getting :)

Big flashes in Cardiff bright purple rain getting heavy

Feel a song coming on  :D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

Yes I agree with that. Nevertheless, the atmosphere is very volatile up there and I think thunderstorms could pop up almost anywhere at anytime over the next 12 hours or so as the airflow continues to pivot them NW.

Hi it's seems every time a rain band gets further north than Yeovil it weakens and breaks up, as is the one right now, it seems there's a shield over us at the moment!!! Typical Edited by fromey

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Just managed to get a couple of flashes and a rumble or two out of the storm that passed through about an hour ago.

Looking really promising around 20 miles or so South of me, but weakened at lot by the time it got to me. 

Not holding out much hope for anything else tonight.

Congrats to all who saw a decent storm.