Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales, The Midlands and Southwest England - Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

morning.

looking at the radar a few cells beginning to fire up and head towards the south coast Exeter sort of area, nothing showing on the lighting radar at the moment.

fromey

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

19.5C at 10am :) i think it'll be the warmest day of the year 8) widely 23c/24c, but there will be a 25c/26c somewhere in the Midlands.

A guess would be somewhere around the SE of our region!

PM... Same Milky sky's/high cloud ....here :rolleyes:

Posted Image

Edited by Dancerwithwings
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: None Really but a snow lover deep down

Sferics are now detected from that developing line towards South Devon. From my high vantage point here I can see the developing CB clouds on the SW horizon moving North some 70-80mls to the SW of me. My webcam doesn't quite pick it up due to the haze but it does show a good example of mid atmosphere instability with Altocumulus castellatus clouds developing widely in the strong warm sunshine.

http://gibbyswebcam2.no-ip.biz:8002/

• Like 2

Posted

Morning all. Just passed 20c here for the fifth day in succession. Last time that happened was Sept 1st to Sept 5th last year :)

Morning guys :) Took a photo of the cloud building up over Hereford/Wales this morning, this is looking due west from the Malverns:

Posted Image

Blimey what an amazing view! Thanks for sharing  :good:

Bish

• Like 1

Posted

Sferics are now detected from that developing line towards South Devon. From my high vantage point here I can see the developing CB clouds on the SW horizon moving North some 70-80mls to the SW of me. My webcam doesn't quite pick it up due to the haze but it does show a good example of mid atmosphere instability with Altocumulus castellatus clouds developing widely in the strong warm sunshine.

http://gibbyswebcam2.no-ip.biz:8002/

hi gibby.

looking at the rain radar, am i correct in thinking its moving in NNW direction??

fromey

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

It's warming up now here with long sunny spells developing, 28.6c in the direct sunlight, and 19c in the shade with a nice 12mph Southerly breeze.

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted

Lovely, breezy and very warm morning in West Wiltshire with plenty of sunshine, some Cirrus and there have been patches of AltCas drifting N proving how unstable the atmosphere now is. Like Gibby I can see the CB anvils way out to the W.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Hazy sun here and quite humid.

Posted

im currently looking at south of St marlo, something is getting going, hopefully on the right track to hit us here.

any thoughts 

fromey

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Distant thunder seemed to the SE 0530, grumbled on occasionally for an hour with a few louder, closer rumbles, also some brief heavy showers. No lightning seen.

Warm, rather humid this morning, warmest day of the year at 22c already. More showers approaching from the south.

Edited by TonyH

Posted

Just had a walk up to the High Peak Trail, Some towers starting to form.. Temp 32.3c in the Sun, 19,4c in the shade.

post-12319-0-83318400-1400497608_thumb.j

post-12319-0-38633100-1400497625_thumb.j

post-12319-0-84936700-1400497643_thumb.j

• Like 2

Posted

Nice turrets around this morning,and impressive mid level cumulus 3 turned into calvus,had tail end of sharp shower first thing,then heard a rumble of thunder from it to the NW.

Now more stable and sunny and breezy,tomorrow is def the day to watch from thunder,maybe later tonight.

Posted

1240-50: Storm passed 3 or 4 miles by to the NE just now with rumbles every minute or so, no L seen and just a spit of rain, while radar showed heavy rain 3 - 5 miles NE.

Posted

Quite a cluster of storms heading NNW across mid and west Wales now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Sunny .breezy. Broken cloud. 24.0c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Skies have cleared of the milkyness, up to 21℃ now.

Here's something to wet your appetites until later.

Edited by Mapantz
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

Lunchtime stroll and its warm out there, if a tad breezy too!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Keep getting mostly just distant thunder here in Aberystwyth, no overhead storms so hoping that little one now near Brecon will continue to grow and hit Aber for my first proper storm of the day!

Posted

Now 24.6c and still edging upwards. Fingers crossed today might be the first 25c+ day of 2014 :)

Bish

Edited by Bishop Brennan
  • Like 2

Posted

Pershore currently in the lead at 25.1C...80F not far away, amazing.

Same as here a short while ago, great stuff!

Those Welsh storms look amazing on the radar.

Bish

Edited by Bishop Brennan

Posted

Same as here a short while ago, great stuff!

Those Welsh storms look amazing on the radar.

Bish

Nothing here but heard a rumble about 10 mins ago distant, looks dark to the SW,high cloud thickening over that way,a few TCU about.

Edited by Snowyowl9
  • Like 1

Posted

very warm with a slight high level haze..humidity is high with a lovely breeze..now bring on the storms tonight and i will be happy...

• Like 2