Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales, The Midlands and Southwest England - Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

It's just beautiful to go to bed and know you'll wake up to sunshine here as convective clouds are not often an issue in these set ups down here on the coast. Glorious. Same pride tomorrow too. 17c :D

Posted

20c yesterday before cloud came in but lovely sunset in the end.... 18.5c atm and feeling lovely....jet wash the patio me thinks....

Posted

Already up to 18C by 11in the sun, but now 5/8 cloudy and completely grey to the west. Its a 1030+ high and yet again a clear day is impossible. What pressure do we need nowadays, 1050?

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

You should know by now high pressure does not guarantee unbroken sunshine :)

• Like 3

Posted

You should know by now high pressure does not guaranteeing unbroken sunshine :)

In winter no, but a 1035mb high centered over England in May should. Every single high this spring has been full of cloud, haze and mist.

Posted

Not really, any convection will tend to form Sc around midday, very common in late Spring/ Summer

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Here's a satellite snapshot of where the cloud is developing.

The surface pressure charts don't show any weakening fronts but it does show a kink in the isobars, possibly the cause of it?!

post-15177-0-95042500-1400239758_thumb.j

post-15177-0-47111900-1400240064_thumb.p

post-15177-0-09098200-1400240045_thumb.ppost-15177-0-00862800-1400240056_thumb.p

Edited by Mapantz

These charts shows a disturbance to the SW this afternoon with some warm moist air on the NE flank and possibly a convegence zone across central areas which may spark off a few showers or even a storm this evening

Posted Image  Posted Image

High pressure=sinking air=no convection??

Dense air but not necessarily sinking if you get to get something to get it moving upwards sufficiently

• Like 1

Posted

Currently 18℃ on the nose here, only 16℃ in Bournemouth. :)

Yeah surprised at that after the town centre blaze this morning I would have naturally expected to be tad warmer..

Posted

Yeah surprised at that after the town centre blaze this morning I would have naturally expected to be tad warmer..

Haha - I missed that, what happened there?

Posted

No sun for over an hour now, its not thundery looking just boring and grey. Those charts- 975hpa? Thats only about 2000ft, how can there be a low at that level in the middle of a strong high?

BBQ planned for tomorrow before the cup final, the clag had better stay away.

Posted

Lamb chops and sausages with a nice sauv blanc for this evening....hoping we have nice sunset for fifth day on the trot

• Like 1

Posted

Sounds good. Far better than the fifth day running with the trots (sorry couldn't help it...) :) may do a few tandoori bits and bobs over the weekend, marinated overnight then start off in the oven then quickly grilled on some very hot coals..24c would be very respectable indeed for mid May too.

Haha very good :D 23c and suns out again.... Lookslike monday through wednesday could be quite wet according to gfs.... 85 mm in three days most of it tuesday night... âš¡ï¸â˜”ï¸ðŸŒˆLast week we had 2.4 inches of rain...Will enjoy this weather while it lasts....ðŸ¦ðŸŒ´ðŸŒðŸ»ðŸ¸ðŸ·ðŸ–🤠Edited by WillinGlossop
  • Like 1

Posted

Not that I take it as gospel but my Netatmo/Weatherpro app hints at plenty of rain in the forecast next week, it doesn't often fail me! I might not be in a favoured area for anything storm-wise as it stands now, but I am looking forward to seeing how it all develops. :)

post-15177-0-59036700-1400247356_thumb.j

Posted

Anyone know of any science jobs going in the manchester area? Applications coming out of my ears but if anyone knows of any cheers :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot n cold

Sun back out now in Solihull after about 3 hours of murk

• Like 2

Posted

21℃ on the Davis station and 21.2℃ on the Netatmo, a degree higher than yesterday. I'm looking forward to a few sherberts down the quay inn tonight! :drinks:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Evening all!  Just got in, lovely day... well the morning was, as some have already said, more or less a cloudy afternoon here, feels warm and quite muggy now! so the beer is calling.

Mapantz i'm going to beat ya to it, i'm on the way now Posted Image it's Friday.... why not !!!!! :yahoo:

By the way, in all that excitement, lol!... iv'e forgot to report.... hurray! ....made it past 20c, for the first time this year .... 21.2c :good:

Edited by Dancerwithwings
  • Like 3