Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales, The Midlands and Southwest England - Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted

hi all,

just been changing my Lightning Detectors software and now have two showing on the same webpage,

all maps are zoom in + out you can move them around the google one is automatic as and when a lightning strike plots on the map it will concentrate  

on that area the other one is a storm tracker again pan and zoom the map to where you want to go.

Data is real time and iv got it to about 85% accurate at the moment but still tweaking here and there.

hope you like it.

ive also put the link into my signuture 

my lightning detector 1

http://andys-uk-lightning-detector.net/wxtracker.php

• Like 3

Posted

Totally clouded over now, the latest Sat shows a perfect example of Shropshire Cloud. Just a mass of muck over here with broken stuff at most elsewhere. Happens time and again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

18.6c was my best for today.... But come tomorrow methinks it will be 20c+ widely... i was only expecting 16c - 17c at best for today, so who knows we may hit 23c - 24c come friday :good:

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Clear blue sky's here and breezy, Temp 14c, W/N/W 13mph.

A top temp today of 15.6c

Very decent here today, sunny to start with a bit more cloud into the afternoon (work) but always with decent sunny intervals or sunny periods.

It always seemed a bit sunnier here, so perhaps not far off sunny all the way (at home).

Temps around 14-15c, so not hot, but very pleasent in the sunshine and light winds.

Posted

19.3c max here, so we didn't quite make it past the magical 20c mark for the first time after all. 

Quite late compared to recent years........

2009 - 20/04

2010 - 10/04

2011 - 06/04

2012 - 27/03

2013 - 23/04

Bish

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

OUTSTANDING day here. Wall to wall sunshine all day and 18c. Warmer than expected. Could even be nearly 20c here by Saturday. Wall to wall sunshine for the next few days too. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

19.3c max here, so we didn't quite make it past the magical 20c mark for the first time after all. 

Quite late compared to recent years........

2009 - 20/04

2010 - 10/04

2011 - 06/04

2012 - 27/03

2013 - 23/04

Bish

That's interesting, to say the temperature has been above average over April hence the early spring.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Lovely sunset and full moon tonight, this camera doesn't do it justice. I'll upload a couple of better ones tomorrow.

Already caught a couple of bass too. :)

post-15177-0-18047700-1400098695_thumb.jpost-15177-0-57465000-1400098738_thumb.j

Edited by Mapantz
  • Like 1

Posted

Totally clouded over now, the latest Sat shows a perfect example of Shropshire Cloud. Just a mass of muck over here with broken stuff at most elsewhere. Happens time and again.

Aye was typically sunny spells all day when I was in work then as soon as I left a wall of strato muck came over and stayed until sunset  :nonono:

90% cloud cover to start this morning to, hopefully at 5pm it will be a different story!

Edited by conor123

Posted

Lovely sunset and full moon tonight, this camera doesn't do it justice. I'll upload a couple of better ones tomorrow.

Already caught a couple of bass too. :)

http:////f1.nwstatic.co.uk/forum/public/style_images/tctc91_simplify/attachicon.gifIMG_20140514_204415.jpghttp:////f1.nwstatic.co.uk/forum/public/style_images/tctc91_simplify/attachicon.gifIMG_20140514_210555.jpg

Do you keep the fish or not?

Posted

NMM-18 showing lover temperatures next week for Devon. Quite a disappointment. This time yesterday, I was looking at very warm temperatures of 16 - 20°C. Whereas, this morning, I am seeing temperatures in the low 10's°C. I really hope this LOW holds off to the W as I would love some warm weather even though I have exams.

• Like 1

Posted

A clear sunny morning with just a little haze here, Temp 10.4c North 6mph.

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Wall to wall sunshine here once again. Another very warm day with UV of 6. Best it's not far off 7 here either. Amazing conditions and off towards Helston and the Lizard today. :D

Posted

Yep already 16c here in Falmouth and 16c at nearby Culdrose. Going to be a stunner today.

Posted

17.2c here already and bright sunshine think after a stroll round glossop for haircut, popping in garden centre and grocers ill take up a place on patio to catch some rays....

Posted

Partly cloudy here, large areas of blue but also of cloud. Total cloud cover very close according to the satellite- its only a 1035mb high after all. Need the cloud to vanish if were to have a shot at 20C.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Sunny intervals and it's already reached 19c in my garden.

Posted

Another quality day! Blazing sunshine and blue skies post-15177-0-90283600-1371639750.gif currently 18.5℃ :)

Do you keep the fish or not?

Only if they're big enough. A bass has to be a legal 36cm or over to keep/eat. I put a bass back if it's under 40cm, the laws aren't as harsh on a most other fish (apart from cod/pollack/mackerel) unfortunately, these laws have come in due to over-trawling by the French and Spanish. It's good to put an undersized fish back, but I've also caught many that may be shorter than the legal length, that easily have a meals worth of meat on them. :rolleyes:

Posted

Wow hit 21c!

• Like 3

Posted

I've just hit 20℃ for the first time this year too, sadly, it clouded over right at the moment it hit it. :laugh:

post-15177-0-06870000-1400154302_thumb.p

• Like 1

Posted

Clouded over just after my garden touched 21c dropping it below 19c, those sunny intervals pack a punch though, very warm and sultry :)

Posted
Here's a few pictures I took of the sunset at Poole Harbour whilst fishing yesterday, and the orangy full moon, snapped without a tripod too :D

• Like 4

Posted

Coloed down now, mostly cloudy with a NW sea breeze 17c.