Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales, The Midlands and Southwest England - Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Shame bbc weather is so SE biased/dominated, tomasz schafernaker said 25C for Sunday, err no, for this region, especially north and east, its heavy rain and 15C

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

Just the one short lived, but torrential, downpour here around half one. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Shame bbc weather is so SE biased/dominated, tomasz schafernaker said 25C for Sunday, err no, for this region, especially north and east, its heavy rain and 15C

Yes, very misleading for the casual viewer. I've noticed on numerous occasions recently, both on t.v and radio, that the expected max' in central London is quoted as though it applies to most of England and Wales.

Back to my own back yard and I'm still waiting to hear the first thunder since March, let alone experience an overhead storm. A few moderate showers this afternoon but the biggest Cbs were well to the east of here.

Posted

Dry all day here, plenty of sunshine and a top temp of 16.9℃

A couple of brief showers here but considerable cumulus bubbling up looking North and North East, I would be surprised if Shaftesbury and Salisbury have not had some heavy showers.

Went to take a photo and in the time it took to get my camera it had all changed and was not as dramatic so clearly lots of updraght.

Edited by egret

Posted

The last potential shower of this spell decayed to nothing as it passed. Looked pretty smart though... :)

post-7340-0-96868500-1400008495_thumb.jp

edit : scratch that. It's now chucking it down.

Edited by jtay
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Looking forward to the weather calming down a little over the next few days now, i guess it won't be completely cloud free, but with defo brighter skies and yes.... warmth  :yahoo:

Almost very warm! well it will feel that way compared to the last ( cool ) few days we've just been having, i might just have to get them shorts out :shok:

Posted Image

Edited by Dancerwithwings
  • Like 1

Posted

What a lovely picture, jtay!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Glorious evening here in Falmouth. Stunning short term forecast with wall to wall sunshine pretty much over the next few days and 15-19c. :D Should get some of the best sunshine amounts down here. :D UV Index of 6 too. :D

End of exams for me too today so off the Porthleven/The Lizard on Thursday too for a coastal walk. Should be great. :D

Edited by Blizzards
  • Like 1

Posted

Glorious evening here in Falmouth. Stunning short term forecast with wall to wall sunshine pretty much over the next few days and 15-19c. :D Should get some of the best sunshine amounts down here. :D UV Index of 6 too. :D

This year you don't have to keep popping into the Midlands thread to let us know!!! were with ya, 8)

You maybe getting some of the best sunshine Blizzy, but we/us up here may get the best temperatures  :laugh:

away from central London of course :whistling:

• Like 1

Posted

N/W UK Map, showers and thunder/lightning for friday, but the Met office as no such thing http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/uk_forecast_weather.html

Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

This year you don't have to keep popping into the Midlands thread to let us know!!! were with ya, 8)

You maybe getting some of the best sunshine Blizzy, but we/us up here may get the best temperatures  :laugh:

away from central London of course :whistling:

True indeed.

Can I claim the best views though of the rugged Cornish coastline than some fields which albeit are nice but certainly are better than the concrete jungle that is Birmingham. :lol:

• Like 1

Posted

What a lovely picture, jtay!

Thank you Lyn-M. :)

Edited by jtay

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

It's already 16.6℃ here, lovely blue skies with it. I'm definitely fishing tonight, a full moon to go with it. :)

Posted

Currently 15.6c here, with barely a cloud in sight :)

We should hopefully exceed 20c for the first time this year over the next few days. Current 2014 max is 18.8c way back in late March.

Bish

Posted

Was beautiful at 6am, quite a bit of cloud around now, see tomorrow's MO forecast has changed from sunny to mostly cloudy.  Even with a 1030mb high right over us we can't get a clear day it seems.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Bournemouth is stuck at 15℃ while I've just hit 17℃ on my Davis, Netatmo, and just for good measure (excuse the pun lol) my handheld in the shade reads the same..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny

Clouded over here too but don't care as am on 2-10 shift today and it gets pretty warm in our place.

Looks like we will be entering a warm, wet and possibly thundery setup going into next week. Some good storms for some I think!

Could be some storms on Friday/Saturday

Posted ImagePosted Image

Then next week, BOOM

Posted Image

Details a long way off of course. Might even have a chance here since it's spring and our annual Summer Storm Shield isn't yet activated.

• Like 2

Posted

Currently 17.4c here, but with bubbly cloud (Cumulus) http://www.sat24.com/en/gb blocking the sun from time to time, but still a nice day though!

Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Broken cloud. 17.6c. Humidity 55%.

Posted

Currently 17.4c here, but with bubbly cloud (Cumulus) http://www.sat24.com/en/gb blocking the sun from time to time, but still a nice day though!

Posted Image

That's a lovely photo highlighting the type of sky which I guess is widespread today, although the sat image suggests it's much clearer across the SW counties. I actually prefer sunny spells days to full on clear blue sunny days because there are interesting clouds to watch!

• Like 1

Posted

That's a lovely photo highlighting the type of sky which I guess is widespread today, although the sat image suggests it's much clearer across the SW counties. I actually prefer sunny spells days to full on clear blue sunny days because there are interesting clouds to watch!

Clouds that look like things are cool :rolleyes:http://www.amusingplanet.com/2012/04/clouds-that-look-like-things.html

http://cloudappreciationsociety.org/cloud-tags/cloudalikes/

A rabbit over Nottingham

Posted Image

Love this one... Smile everyone :D

Posted Image

• Like 1