Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales, The Midlands and Southwest England - Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Mainly Cloudy. Some bright spells. Humidity 68%. Pressure 1017 hpa. Temperature 18.6c.  Reading in the shade 16.0c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Doesn't look like anything's go to happen around today. Still to cloudy, and nothing is getting going here, but stuff is happening to the East & West of me.

Posted

Nothing thundery but very rapid development over SW Wiltshire towards Bath this afternoon.

I was out working in Westbury and once lower cloud cleared at around 13.00 there was very warm sunshine and I had a view of towers rapidly building to the S/W. I got home around 14.15 with it spotting, but an extremely black cloud was approaching and it poured down for two bursts of 5 minutes! The NW radar shows the showers went from no rain to bright red echoes on the in less than half an hour!

Back to warm sunshine now but convection is widespread.

Posted

Quite pleasant day now we've got rid of the remnants of the cold front. Just some type 2 Cu although quite cool with temp of 13.5C and SW wind 15mph.

post-12275-0-24241800-1400598832_thumb.j

Posted

Mostly overcast nothingness thus far today bar some heavy rain around 7am on the way into work, maxed around 20c, hopefully this squall to the south will stay active!

• Like 1

Posted

My concern imby point of view...they'll intensify in the likes of Market Drayton, Chester, Oswestry poss Stoke way. Bit like yesterday.

Not again please........

Why do those south Shropshire hills kill storms so well, they're not very high really. And why do they always kick off again north of here, it's like there's a forcefield.

Edited by Summer of 95

Posted

Good question, seems conditions are more often favoured every where but here lol..think you'll get a rumble a bit later, nothing major was forecast for today if we are honest :) still potential later this week and even slightly beyond, never say never.

It's about time. Nearly 9 years since the last really good storm here (19 June 2005), while places 30-odd miles away keep getting them. 

Was noticeable how yesterday's storms survived crossing Snowdonia and the Berwyn, which are much higher than those hills to the south of here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Mostly overcast nothingness thus far today bar some heavy rain around 7am on the way into work, maxed around 20c, hopefully this squall to the south will stay active!

Looks like the cell to the East of Hereford has my name on it :bomb:

Looking good for you guys, direct hit for......wait for it .....Telford...'Let's Get Ready to Rumble' oohhh dear! sorry!!!! i can't get ant & dec out of my head :wallbash:

There's a few hits showing now Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted

Had one briefish rumble of thunder,the dog certainly noticed it.

Had 3 showers,one brief downpour,clouds were pretty dramatic,the first wave,currently in third shower which is moderate,despite it looking black just before.

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted

So in amongst all of this...where is the cold front right now? It's game over once the cold front is through isn't it? There's been a fresher breeze since a short, sharp shower around 3:00 this afternoon...but that wasn't the front was it?

Not obvious where it is right now!

Edited by Gord

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

Disappointing last night in terms of thunder & lightning, seen a couple of flashes and heard 2 rumbles in the distance but that was it.

Posted

Very heavy rain here right now, and extremely dark skies.

Bish

Did you hear anything.... i didn't :closedeyes:

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

So in amongst all of this...where is the cold front right now? It's game over once the cold front is through isn't it? There's been a fresher breeze since a short, sharp shower around 3:00 this afternoon...but that wasn't the front was it?

Not obvious where it is right now!

Seems like its gone through, was easterly wind, now SSW wind

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Bah - the very dark clouds passed over with a sprinkling of rain, no thunder nor lightning, then vanished north-eastwards. :blink2: Sunny again now, 16.5oC, pleasant enough.

Posted

The downpour as stop here now, looking at the radar it's...... Good Night... :whistling: lol!