Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Weather Discussion 11/03/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Grey dry 10 c , we in the nw must have the most boring weather on earth !!......

Gave the dog a good 6 mile walk on the tops this morning and even with fleece, gloves and hat it felt cold.Role on summer.Off to football now for a few beers and hopefully promotion.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and a cracking thunderstorm

Yup, fairly overcast here... ugh.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, warm weather not too hot, floods, storms

The weather is so boring here!!

• Like 1

Posted

Not the most inspiring weather this weekend, indeed its been notably chilly, with temperatures failing to get to 10 degrees - hardly springlike. Yesterday was worse than forecast with the rain not clearing until 4pm, and with a gusty wind it felt positively cold. Today has been plagued by cloud and a keen chilly wind, rain looks imminent in the next few hours as well.

Fingers crossed we see a better weekend next week - but it looks very uncertain at this stage...

April has so many faces..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

What a suprise! It's bleeding sunny now (at 17:00) when it has been cloudy all day!

Yeah, as I said last week it's normally 6 o'clock when a poor Sunday brightens up.Must have booked it a bit early this week.

Posted

Started to rain still cold !....

Just noticed a bit of rain myself when I sent the dog out to take herself for a walk.Would normally go with her for a bit of company but felt out of sorts all weekend so the back garden is her limit tonight.

Just noticed a bit of rain myself when I sent the dog out to take herself for a walk.Would normally go with her for a bit of company but felt out of sorts all weekend so the back garden is her limit tonight.

managed only a small walk myself , getting a bit of flack on other thread !!... Edited by Mokidugway

Posted

managed only a small walk myself , getting a bit of flack on other thread !!...

Walking the dog is another thing that will probably not happen after total human extinction.

Posted

Certainly been a disappointing weekend here again.

Yesterday had more rain and drizzle than forecast, today more cloud and less sun than forecast and across both days a nagging breeze has certainly kept it feeling cold.

After watching the London Marathon this morning, it looks like once again they've had the lions share of the decent stuff on offer.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Well we were forecast unbroken sunshine until 6pm, but the cloud has come 8 hours early. I hate this region.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

It'll be interesting to see what happens this week, I looked at the outputs, and the GFS in particular showing colder than I would expect on Saturday morning, and warmer than I would expect in the day thereafter.

It led me to think back to other Springs, when the GFS may have shown signs of struggling with the Winter-Spring transition, it often pumps out unlikely extremes, which over the course of the day end up not happening.

First test is Friday night into Saturday.. will there really be a moderate air frost in the far south of the region (-2C to -3C)? I think not, but we'll see. The second one is the following day where it is forecast to reached 16C in a pretty cool airmass where I wouldn't even expect 12C to occur... watch this space!

Edited by SP1986