Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland & The Far North Of England Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer

Fair enough NR and 28c seems reasonable.

Reached 26.8c yesterday. Pretty good. Hopefully the warmth next week will extend sufficiently northwards for us to enjoy

Posted

Weather at 1 point this morning was more akin to november than july (misty and drizzly) but it not cold. Feels quite stuffy

Posted

Rain (well main band 1) has really set in now. There's a follow through for later I think

Posted

Dry here ATM and it's not that cool. 18c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

Reached 20.6'C earlier and was dry up until about 2:30pm or so but now 18'C with light rain, fairly bright skies and occasional heavier bursts. Not as bad as I thought it was going to be!

Posted

Rain had just set in and it's moderate i'd say. Could be on for a while...

Edited by SW Saltire

Posted

Heavy rain here now lovely saturday night (and dark too) not had it dark at this time for ages

Posted

Cloudy start to the day but it has brightened up nicely. A warm 23c at Leuchars at 2pm. 24.4c in my garden but that's overexposed at this time of day.

Posted

Same Catch. 21.5c and sunny the high today. Great day to be outside :)

Posted

That's some plume on the ECM for later in the week, could be proper warm :)

and not dry either..................could be some very serious fireworks come friday indeed

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: dry sunny average summers and really cold snowy winters

That's some plume on the ECM for later in the week, could be proper warm :)

yep the 12z ECM is a belter and you can see it building through todays runs on the GEFS for my location

EDIT : added tonights 18z in there as well as it continues to build things nicely and It came along to what ECM was showing later in its run as well

post-18233-0-75477000-1405278438_thumb.gpost-18233-0-16022500-1405278448_thumb.gpost-18233-0-53879700-1405278448_thumb.gpost-18233-0-00017400-1405278449_thumb.gpost-18233-0-41883000-1405296433_thumb.g

Edited by Buriedundersnow

Posted

Rouging wild oats out of the barley this evening before it gets too humid or warm this week.Strawberries in garden into overdrive gave off a lot to neighbours this afternoon.Made it to 22c this afternoon with sunny intervels. Another great sunset tonight.

Edited by Northernlights

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thundery summers, very snowy winters! Huge Atlantic Storms!

Miserable weather here in Inverclyde but its really warm and humid. Hope the weather brightens up for the final Leg of the Baton relay towards Gourock for the fans of wee Nicholas McDonald!!

Posted

nice round up of june from the met office and Scotland was mentioned quite a bit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHS3dM65_Pk#t=155

Posted

Been very quiet on here as we've got through a fair few days of standard summer weather, looking very interesting over the next week though!

Posted

Nice little short but very sharp burst of rain looks like it about to come through

Posted

Nice stormy skies moving in over Edinburgh with that sqall Line at the moment with torrential  rain. Lets Hope  for more of that over the next few days!

Posted

The heavy rain shower absolutely crushed the warmth here, drop of 5'C to 15'C in the space of about 45 mins - warming up again though as nice evening sunshine has returned. Very gusty winds for the time of year too.

Edited by NorthernRab

Posted

I see the nice weather moving in whilst I am away, but as you can see, cant complain really. (View from our apartment)

Posted Image

Was 34C today on the Gold Coast in Hong Kong, but humidity is around the 90%. From tomorrow on-wards not looking so nice here. :(

Enjoy the warmth coming, and please try and keep it around till middle of next week when we get back.

• Like 1

Posted

Nice stormy skies moving in over Edinburgh with that sqall Line at the moment with torrential  rain. Lets Hope  for more of that over the next few days!

there were reports on twitter of lightning in Dundee and parts of fife so its certainly raising my hopes if we can get that today then why not over the weekend

Posted

Got to admit it did look rather nice before it erupted here. Classic dark skies/wind gusting but you would never have thought there was rain as it drying up very quickly

Edited by NUT

Posted

I see the nice weather moving in whilst I am away, but as you can see, cant complain really. (View from our apartment)

Posted Image

Was 34C today on the Gold Coast in Hong Kong, but humidity is around the 90%. From tomorrow on-wards not looking so nice here. :(

Enjoy the warmth coming, and please try and keep it around till middle of next week when we get back.

Looking a distinct possibility at this stage Cheggers! 

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

netweather 10 day forecast has me having storms on Saturday and sunday then it ramps up the storm threat again at end of next week cant post it wont let me.