Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland & The Far North Of England Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter Sun in summer

the thunderstorm around 100 miles north east of the north east of England looks really active and its tracking very close to the Aberdeenshire area in my opinion. 

Edited by drm

Posted

It's been a bit of a damp afternoon but not over excessively so. Quite humid but not exactly feeling too warm

Posted

Comfortably the most miserable day of the summer thus far. Damp, dreich, haary, cool and breezy about covers it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spicy weather

Just rain...as usual :search:  :sorry:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

Hugely murky misty and wet !

Posted

Heaviest rain of the day by far on it's chucking it down

Posted

Good morning - very foggy morning here & still with hardly any wind.

Lightning seems further out in the N.Sea than yesterday.

The forecast here is for a chance of heavy showers & storms (all along the E coast), so a waiting game. 

Temp 16/Dew 14

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

Outside having my morning cuppa and it's breezy and bright. Cloud cover increasing a little.

Posted

Hazy sunshine very humid and 24c here.Cloud building to the south west.Thunder bugs (corn lice) in their thousands today skin very itchy, usually see them in  August but everything is about 2 weeks early this summer.Treated cows for worms and flies today. They are looking much happier in the field this afternoon.  Going to stack small bales of hay this evening when it gets cooler.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer

Reached 24.4c and has been very humid all day. Very warm feeling. Sun was fiery hot in any sunny spells.

The rest of the week looks increasingly warm, could e unpleasantly so by Wednesday onwards...

Posted

I think we came close to some action in my part of the world on Sat, but in the event it was only a brief spell of torrential rain - apart from that mainly clag, mist, fog or light rain for the weekend. 

Cloudy so far this morning, but conditions much clearer.

Edited by Richard Taylor

Posted

Today has been bad enough, it's been warm and orrible. Remarkably dry weekend given the two weather warnings which were covering us, only the rain around 4pm yesterday which didn't last too long. It's actually been a pretty good weekend overall :)

Highest predicted temp so far this year with 25c from the met office. Considering it's still 48 hours away and I usually record 2/3c warmer on a sunny day as I'm sheltered then could reach 28c maybe making it the hottest this year.I noticed the 'feels like' temperatures all being very close to predicted temps which for the met office is very rare. Must mean it's humid which will accentuate the warm feeling.Enjoy it while it lasts I say...

Posted

21c, mostly cloudy. I'm on holiday after today and the forecast looks good for family visiting. Just hoping the haar/North Sea murk stays away!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thundery summers, very snowy winters! Huge Atlantic Storms!

The latest weather forecast after Reporting Scotland just mentioned highs approaching 28C, now that's summer!!

• Like 2

Posted

It got a little cloudier about 1 or so but it didn't last. It's an absolute belter of a evening and still warm (and this might just be the beginning) maybe 1 of the best summer spells for quite a while

Posted

Secured some more lovely hay today a bit late as crop is so heavy it takes a long time to dry out . Never seen so much growth  as this summer, trees have shot up about ten feet in the middle aged conifers so much so that a large beech with massive new branch growth has collapsed this evening. Perfect heat with perfect rain/water along with raised background  CO2 levels are probably the reasons for this tropical growth.Hazy sunshine with a top temperature of 25c this afternoon

• Like 1

Posted

Well the battle has started over here on the east coast - sun versus haar. It will be waged every day this week and we can only hope the sun comes out on top. Fellow east coasters will be familiar with the frustration of being stuck in the haar at 15c while 5 or 10 miles away it's bright sunshine and 25c.

Looks hopeful this morning, sun peaking through already!

• Like 1

Posted

Thank god I don't get sea haar. It would be really frustrating.

June was a great month here, best June since at least 2006. I didn't log all the recorded temperatures properly but they are here somewhere. Average max 20.5 - 21 (18.7 being LTA).

Then we've had the first 10 days of July being similar. The last 2/3rds will surely (once these very warm days are passed) be 22c (LTA being 19.7c).

Best June, July (rolling 8 week period) in many years.

Only thing holding it back is the fact that we haven't breached 28c.

Yesterday reached 24c very late on when the sun broke through about 4pm. I wonder what we will reach today, very sunny and warm already...

Posted

Cheers Catch. Looking at the satellite images the Angus Coast appears worst affected at the moment. http://sat11.sat24.com/en/gb

It's cleared up nicely here and I'm off to the garden to enjoy the sun!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thundery summers, very snowy winters! Huge Atlantic Storms!

23C already here!! thinking around 26/27C will be the top temperature. :)

Edited by Ross Andrew Hemphill
  • Like 2

Posted

Just hit 26c. About 1/8th cloud cover so a glorious day and doesn't feel as humid as at the weekend.

Can I beat 27.2 which is the high for 2014 so far?...

Edited by SW Saltire

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

23.7'C here with light wispy cloud and a slight breeze.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/cold in winter, hot and sunny in summer

So warm here now in Alloa, hard to work! another sleepless night I think, even with the ceiling fan on full blast! Love the summer weather but a night or two relief would be great!

Posted

27.6c and sunny here.very warm. Warmest day of 2014 here :)