Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland & The Far North Of England Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thundery summers, very snowy winters! Huge Atlantic Storms!

Chance of storms today is looking quite good!! Lets hope because I've not seen one storm for a few months. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Why have you all gone quiet? Has armageddon hit and nobody told me? Or have I been sent to Coventry?

Posted
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit
  • Weather Preferences: Hot N' Sunny / Cauld N' Snawy
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit

Why have you all gone quiet? Has armageddon hit and nobody told me? Or have I been sent to Coventry?

High Pressure has gone now Mardatha and we are all sufferin Depression!!!Ah'll get mah coat eh!Big Innes
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer

Poor would some up the last few days.

Yesterday was actually good and made 20.5c

However, the two days before that were rubbish. Both days did make 17c but for most of the day it was 14/15c which is pretty chilly for this time of year, especially compared to the recent hot weather.

The forecast can only be described as horrific for both Saturday and Sunday here (and for most of Scotland). Let's hope better weather reruns soon. Don't mind the rain as long as we get some sun. Hate grey cloudy mucky days, like Tuesday and Wednesday

Posted
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: dry sunny average summers and really cold snowy winters

the july mean averages are in and Scotland had quite a decent month

temp avg sun hrs   % avg rain/mm %avg

Scotland 14.4  +1.2   200.0   142   85.4 86

Lowest temperature: 1.2C at Braemar, Aberdeenshire on the 6th 

Sunniest day: 16.1 hours at Glasgow, on the 9th

these two above are bests for the whole of the UK through the month

Edited by Buriedundersnow

Posted

Nice stats BUS. 142% of average sunshine across the country as a whole is pretty impressive.

Been a decent week in NE Fife despite the end of the heat wave (which never really affected us anyway). Managed to get above 20c every day this week with just a couple of passing showers and good sunny spells.

As others have said the weekend looks very poor for almost everyone but after a good July perhaps we should just write it off and look further ahead for more decent summer weather.

Posted

I think I know the reason for this bad spell. We bought a convertible. So now it will be 3 months of sodding rain. :oops:

Posted

Rain just starting here, 14c. Planning a day indoors!

Posted

Oh dear August has started on a thoroughly miserable note here. Yesterday delivered maxima no higher than 15 degrees under grey leaden wet skies with some very heavy rain during lunchtime period. Today has started on a carbon copy note, with equally suppressed temps so far and it is currently raining heavily with gusty winds. Have a feeling tomorrow will start off similar tomorrow as well... However, its been a long time since we have seen such conditions, and hopefully things will improve early next week, but there are ominous signs the atlantic trough wants to drape itself across the region in longer range outlook. August could end up being a very wet month - its is notorious for being a wet month in the Lake District, often wetter than the 6 months preceding it..

Posted

I'm sorry. It's all my fault. Well I blame my husband actually ITS ALL HIS FAULT!

Posted

its fookin pishin it doon.

just aswell we have finally seen some decent rain here I was starting to forget it was Scotland.

before its commented on that it was a purely weather related comment.

Edited by Buriedundersnow

Posted

here is something to put a bit of sparkle back into a gloomy rain filled day in Scotland

John Beattie â€@BBCJohnBeattie 1h

So to recap, at 9.8 medals per million Scotland is most successful team, and 52 medals is best ever in finite and proportion terms ever...

fantastic achievement for Scotland to do so well at these games and to have so many medals so far and hopefully we can add a few more before tomorrow evening.

Posted

Bright blue skies and sunshine to start the day so very different from yesterday which ended up moderately wet with 11mm of rainfall.

Posted

Rain drying  up from yesterday  under blue sunny skies. Very humid though with millions of corn lice Currently 21.2c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thundery summers, very snowy winters! Huge Atlantic Storms!

Sky is looking very, very dark and dangerous!! The structure is there just need the lightning.

Edited by Ross Andrew Hemphill

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

Unexpectedly warm here today, horrendous rain last night (with fog at the same time!) - just under 24'C with warm sunshine and a few towering cumulus. 

Posted

As predicted, still awaiting a glimmer of sunshine this new month. Another morning and lunchtime of heavy rain and grey leaden skies and suppressed temps..

Conditions reminiscent of summer 2012 - thank goodness we've been spared this type of weather for much of the summer so far.

• Like 1

Posted

Turned absolutely vile outside. Wind blowing and rain piling down. More like a autumn afternoon than early august

Posted

Just seen a picture on Facebook of bad flooding nr Kilmarnock, think the river may have burst its bank's (the same one that flooded the A77 a couple of yrs ago mid summer)

It was a bad photo though so may have been flash flooding.

Edited by Ross B

Posted

Just seen a picture on Facebook of bad flooding nr Kilmarnock, think the river may have burst its bank's (the same one that flooded the A77 a couple of yrs ago mid summer)It was a bad photo though so may have been flash flooding.

it might be flash flooding there is a similar radar return just went through Kilmarnock as there was went over Renfrew lastnight and they experienced flash flooding there

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Two utterly carp days in the north, then today starts with haar. Promising, I think not... hmmm, mebbes after all! By lunch, we had a blue sky, warmth and a stiff breeze (o mandy) to keep the pesky flies down. Black flies, the non-biters that just swarm and buzz round your head endlessly till you swipe at them and take your eye out.  Anyway, there were none :good:

So a good day's work was done and now, cow pie.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

This weekend has been completely dire, yesterday a washout followed by Haar, today - much the same.

No respite in the longwave pattern and Bertha recurve looking like it will set the pace for the Atlantic washing machine to kick into full gear.

Flooding will be headline news in a week's time am sure. Grim stuff after being spoiled by a superb July.

Posted

yeah the last couple of days haven't been best but I think its been quite good to get back to seeing some good old normal Scottish summer weather with a few decently comfortable nights for sleeping in as I'm a love sleeping in the cold person so its been a bit better plus while rain isn't best for us at least the snails and the slugs have been having a good time with it my gardens been full of them and even found a couple taking a slide in my kitchen after leaving the back door open.