Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland & The Far North Of England Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer

Car thermometer is saying 30.2'C at Loch Gamhna, roasting!

Same here, 30.3c and still rising...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Ok, I can't raise it any more. Stuck at 27C unless you're in built up places - Thurso felt a good bit warmer but that's just cheating.

Posted

Reached 31.6c here. Exceedingly hot. So much so that my car overheated...

No, don't tell me the weather had little effect and that there is probably an underlying reason why it's too hot, I'm sure it's just the sun ;)

(Imagines the possible repair bill and starts to cry)

Edited by SW Saltire

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

Car claimed a hair under 32'C at Loch Gamhna at 4:30pm, crazy warm though unsure how accurate. Lovely evening here in Inverness, 24'C, not a breath of wind and deep glowing sunshine with light cirrus. 

Edited by NorthernRab

Posted

Sun came out around 1.30 pm so lovely afternoon despite temps not getting above 19c!

Posted

Another very warm one,haar burnt off very early today and we reached 27c. All the wildlife is loving this .Cultivating the neeps the other day I counted a flock of 42  young lapwing the most I have ever seen 7 of this number hatched in the neep field earlier.Swifts in the house also having  good breeding season with squadrons screeching round the house earlier a real sound of high summer.

• Like 2

Posted

A super summers day with a high of 27c under clear blue, cloudless sky and a nice breeze made things feel pleasant in the warm sunshine. A mild night currently at 17c - thank goodness the best weather of the summer is coinciding with the commonwealth games.

Posted
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold, snow, fog Summer: warm, sunny
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh

Another lovely cloudless, warm sunny afternoon after the early cloud cleared this morning. My thermometer app on my phone got to 25.15 this afternoon compared to 22.2 on Wednesday.

Not only has the cloud returned from the North sea tonight, it is also foggy.

Posted

The low cloud and fog has already burnt off on the outskirts of Edinburgh. Probably the earliest it has done so this week so could be the warmest day of the Scottish heatwave for here :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

Still under low cloud and fog here but it is brightening:) looking forward to another amazing day.

Off to Scandinavia soon, can anyone advise if the upcoming cool down will affect this region also?

Edited by snowy owl

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Temp hit 30.1c here yesterday, sun out and currently 24.8c. Best get the thermals looked out and the central heating back on as it looks as if we my not even hit 20c over the weekend. Bloody Baltic that is!

Posted

I interested to note Nick F has issued a possible thunderstorm forecast (for the western half of scotland) you think they could sneak into the central belt? :nonono:

Posted

21.8c. Already 0.5c up on yesterday and 1c up on Wednesday.

I'm away to Glasgow so won't know how high we get but I'd imagine we'd at least equal yesterday if not scrape 32c. Very impressive temps.

This is the best time for high temperatures. Maybe the first week or 2nd week of July is optimum but right now is still pretty good.

The overall setup is not incredibly impressive. For example the end of May 2012 spell delivered 29c here and if that had occured 4-6 weeks later I'd imagine records would have been broken.

We are squeezing every last drop of potential out of this current spell and it's great. Not that humid either really

Posted

Haar burnt off at 11am. Now 20c with a light easterly breeze. Sun cream on!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: bright & frosty/snowy; summer: hot and sunny.

After topping out at 27.0ºC yesterday afternoon (warmest day of the month), we're already up to 24.8ºC here today.

Given the sun broke through much earlier today, think we could beat the previous high for the year to date (28.1ºC on Wed 18th June) which would be a fine way to end the current settled spell. 

It's proper scorchio out!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

Fair to say it's properly hot out there, 28.3'C in the back garden currently with a light variable wind. 

Posted
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: dry sunny average summers and really cold snowy winters

well the last few days have been really hot has anyone melted into a big puddle of sticky mess yet lol

currently nearly 30c at the stations I check and according to the link below many places in the central belt have breached 30c already with it getting a reading of 32c in Glasgow

http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?brand=wxmap&query=56.02005,-3.812121

Posted

bit of a cool down to come at the beginning of next week but our above average summer might not be finished yet

WSI Europe Weather â€@WSI_EuroEnergy 38m

Model agreement as to warm north, cooler south across Europe. pic.twitter.com/Wau1FpqlO6

post-18233-0-14459100-1406303066_thumb.ppost-18233-0-95414800-1406303064_thumb.p

• Like 1

Posted

well the last few days have been really hot has anyone melted into a big puddle of sticky mess yet lol

currently nearly 30c at the stations I check and according to the link below many places in the central belt have breached 30c already with it getting a reading of 32c in Glasgow

http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?brand=wxmap&query=56.02005,-3.812121

How accurate is that site as just about a mile up the road a station is showing 31 surely to god it not been that hot here today!

• Like 1

Posted

How accurate is that site as just about a mile up the road a station is showing 31 surely to god it not been that hot here today!

it might be accurate the polmont station I check online which is a proper weather station topped out at 29.5c

http://polmontweather.co.uk/wx.html

Posted

Haar for much of the day here except between 11 and 2. Top temp about 21c. Pleasant enough nonetheless.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Glad to see you guys have had it really hot too. Melting down here in Kent and actually had to go in the sea for a swim today to cool down. Was freeeezing!   but not so bad after a few minutes. We became a bit cloudy late afternoon but still very warm. Blimey! I don't think I can ever recall 31c/32c ever up there?  How on earth have you all coped! :laugh:

Posted

Warmest day of the year at 28c. A shame this spell is coming to an end but it was as good a four days of summer weather that I can remember.

Posted

A lot of cloud around today as a consequence it's finally a little cooler

Although the temperatures are cooler it's considerably more humid. Still a bit of a sauna

Edited by NUT

Posted

little rumble there hopefully more to come