Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland & The Far North Of England Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted

Bright breezy afternoon currently 15.8c.Got a dose of P.H.T. reading about Bertha  as barley all approaching the nearly ripe stage and wind and rain could cause losses not usual in August when its nearly always warm humid and calm.  (P.H.T.  pre harvest tension) 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/cold in winter, hot and sunny in summer

A fine morning after a great evening yesterday in Dunfermline and Alloa. Just wondering if Scotland may take the brunt of the coming of Bertha, if indeed she actually hits us, lots of conjecture in the model thread as you would expect. Confusing to me is the fact that one model has Bertha strengthen as it approaches the UK, is this because of the energy already over us from the trough? excuse my ignorance about this!

Posted
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: dry sunny average summers and really cold snowy winters

A fine morning after a great evening yesterday in Dunfermline and Alloa. Just wondering if Scotland may take the brunt of the coming of Bertha, if indeed she actually hits us, lots of conjecture in the model thread as you would expect. Confusing to me is the fact that one model has Bertha strengthen as it approaches the UK, is this because of the energy already over us from the trough? excuse my ignorance about this!

that's the way I read it that its interaction with the trough is going to be key as to just how much it deepens as it comes in and we probably wont get the full story on just how deep it will be till we see just how much interaction there will be also there is reasonable power in the jet stream as well at that time so will surely be some interaction with this also so one to watch as it may really wrap up as it approaches similar to we saw during the winter

post-18233-0-24164200-1407252150_thumb.p

I for one don't really mind seeing this just now and hopefully can bring on a proper wind fest autumn this time round and get it all out the way before we get to winter

this shows better and I am wondering if we may get a sting jet coming from this one again similar to winter and it wouldn't be out of the question with America falling into a similar pattern as winter with cold troughs digging south into the country

post-18233-0-92212600-1407252558_thumb.j

Edited by Buriedundersnow
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer

Extremely humid today. 21c high and some limited sunshine.

Very very foggy now outside. Can barely see 10ft

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thundery summers, very snowy winters! Huge Atlantic Storms!

Last night was really, really warm, didn't get to sleep till about half 3. Just waiting patiently on Bertha now! I love getting the 'remnants' of hurricanes etc. because what we see is enough to cause problems but what other places see from this is just unbelievable, consider ourselves lucky that we only get the taster of what they can actually deliver! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/cold in winter, hot and sunny in summer

that's the way I read it that its interaction with the trough is going to be key as to just how much it deepens as it comes in and we probably wont get the full story on just how deep it will be till we see just how much interaction there will be also there is reasonable power in the jet stream as well at that time so will surely be some interaction with this also so one to watch as it may really wrap up as it approaches similar to we saw during the winter

http:////f1.nwstatic.co.uk/forum/public/style_images/tctc91_simplify/attachicon.gifgfsnh-5-120.png

I for one don't really mind seeing this just now and hopefully can bring on a proper wind fest autumn this time round and get it all out the way before we get to winter

this shows better and I am wondering if we may get a sting jet coming from this one again similar to winter and it wouldn't be out of the question with America falling into a similar pattern as winter with cold troughs digging south into the country

http:////f1.nwstatic.co.uk/forum/public/style_images/tctc91_simplify/attachicon.gifBuRSpeHIEAAcVzC.jpg

I am looking for the Atlantic hurricane season to kick off, normally bring us our Autumn gales. With the current set up and if the Atlantic did become more active, do you think that a good proportion of ex hurricanes would be UK bound? If so I am wondering what this may do to our setup heading into Autumn and winter?

Posted

Really nice day yesterday in NE Fife, 11.5 hours of sun and reached 21c.

Not looking great for the next 5 days or so, unfortunately.

• Like 1

Posted

Clouds gathering Aberdeen, nothing as yet.

Indeed Richard, although I'm sure the rain will be here before too long.On the subject of clouds there were some rather nice undulates on display here an hour so ago.post-1785-0-61778100-1407517022_thumb.jp
  • Like 2

Posted

Yeah I saw that and the updated TAF shows the same thing. Looking at the radar currently the rain seems to be passing to our west but I'm guessing it may pivot round later?

Posted

ooooo decent crack of thunder there not rumbly more the crackly kind just off to the east.

Posted

Bus just heard the cinema got evacuated in falkirk due to flooding? Sound right? That torrential shower did hit Here and was quite bad, didn't think it was that bad though!

Had a couple of rumbles of thunder at work earlier otherwise not much. Not sure if I will ever find Scottish storms severe now after going storm chasing with netweather...!

Posted

Last entry from me before I head tmrw to Boat of Garten for the week!

Airport has light rain showers now, still has the +TSRA in the forecast, valid to 2300. Guess it could still happen, but I'm beginning to doubt it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

First rain on here. I haven't seen any rain for a while but then again I'm lucky enough to be still in Southern Sweden ! I've heard reports of lots of nice days/rain/thunder and huge downpours! Hope it doesn't get too bad for you all Sunday.

Posted

Very wet overnight so all the combines going yesterday have stopped.Just hope the wind and rain over the weekend is not too severe.A lot of barley not really ripe yet but a day of wind will really ripen it.  Yes high winds will ripen crop and rain will bleach it so the ripening proceess continues even in the absence of sunshine.Currently dry,overcast, 19c and calm.

Posted

Bus just heard the cinema got evacuated in falkirk due to flooding? Sound right? That torrential shower did hit Here and was quite bad, didn't think it was that bad though!Had a couple of rumbles of thunder at work earlier otherwise not much. Not sure if I will ever find Scottish storms severe now after going storm chasing with netweather...!

soz for taking so long to reply its been so quiet in here I've not really been checking regularly.

it is a possibility but I cant say for sure I know I was told that there was water coming up out the drains in the street down where the cinema is but didn't hear anything about in the cinema but the fact you have been told that and I have been told there was definitely flooding down there then a good chance it is true.

its quite remarkable though I am only a mile maybe just over from there and we hardly seen any rain here yesterday and just goes to show how even really small distances can deliver so much difference in weather at the same time but that's what makes it all so interesting for us.

• Like 1

Posted

and while we talk about some minor flooding japans getting humped on.

BBC Weather â€@bbcweather 10m

Typhoon #HALONG: 528mm of rain in Funato during Saturday. Emergency weather warnings in force for Mie prefecture.

that's not far under 21 inches of rain.

that country has taken a fair battering from all angles these past few years.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Howdy Bertha - you're gonna be bigger than expected..

Posted

Posted
Astonishing figure. The Met Office has 128mm in the 24 hours to 9pm yesterday. Lerwick had its wettest day on record. Most extraordinary weather event of the year for Scotland, in my opinion!
  • Like 1

Posted

Some rain here but there's no wind so it's not all that bad............YET! Might get a lot worse later on though