Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted

Funny born, I always find showers at this time of the year to be most intense. More lightning as well. 

Not expecting a winter wonderland this weekend by any means but hopefully a covering. It's that time of the year again when I wished I lived on a hill ha

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy

There's no nice snow symbols on the forecast for me unfortunately but that's the problem with being on low ground. I finish work at 8 on Saturday morning so I might head to higher ground seeking snow depending on how tired I am.

• Like 1

Posted

Hmmm looking like it's more later Friday evening into Saturday for any snow potential in Pomeroy. If we do get it and it does settle then it will beat my prediction of the 30/11 for lying snow in my area. When we consider some of the extreme mild weather we have had this month this transient cold blast will defo be a shock to the system!!!

• Like 1

Posted

Met office NI-Friday:

Turning wintry with frequent showers, increasingly turning to sleet, hail and later snow. Feeling very cold as northerly gales develop

Looks decent enough mountain

post-23023-0-59447300-1447919689_thumb.p

Edited by -Bomber-

Posted

I'll be trying my best to lamppost watch but there isn't any around work so it won't be the easiest lol.

• Like 1

Posted

Looking good for Pomeroy.  Hopefully some east of the lough to.

We have moved and have no lamposts nearby in the country  :wallbash:

Wind warning from MetO for NI now.  Saturday looking good on forecast for light snow for most of the day

Edited by Weegaz
  • Like 1

Posted

Quiet on here considering snow is likely in parts by this time tomorrow.

While it's little more than a 24 hour event the depth of cold is noticeable.

Lying snow for favoured spots looks certain by Sat morning

• Like 1

Posted

I was expecting it to be confined to the hill tops too early for widespread event.

• Like 1

Posted

Hmmm looking like a small window of opportunity for snow from this evening until tonight. I will still take it, I never really expect much in the way of snow until after Christmas anyway. Tomorrow is going to be raw, a day for gloves for you lowland folks ;)

• Like 1

Posted

MetO forecast still showing light snow this evening and heavy snow from 8am to 11am tomorrow morning.

Net Weather forecast showing sleet this evening and tomorrow morning.

BBC Weather showing something in between both.

Who will come of best.....hopefully MetO

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

Lovely clear and fresh morning here,temp 3.8c after a low of 2.3c the lowest ive recorded so far this season (shows just how mild its been).

If i get to see any snow over the weekend i will be amazed. I will be happy enough to get an air frost.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

5.4C here at the moment, after a high of 9.0C earlier, dew point of 2.1C. Cold definitely sweeping down now.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow

Lovely clear and fresh morning here,temp 3.8c after a low of 2.3c the lowest ive recorded so far this season (shows just how mild its been).

If i get to see any snow over the weekend i will be amazed. I will be happy enough to get an air frost.

Well I have to admit I saw my first flakes of the season just a short time ago with the latest shower which was a mix of rain,sleet and some snow flakes. Feels'quite bitter out in the wind today. Max temp 7.1c' currently 3.3c.

• Like 1