Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

3 nice mornings in a row! Chilly this morning though, 4.4C.

Posted

Looks like a few place got a grass frost yesterday. http://www.met.ie/latest/yesterday.asp

Claremorris, Mullingar, Mt Dillon and Markree Castle all saw grass temps below 0C.

• Like 2

Posted

Well I was well and truly soaked to the bone on Sunday standing on Hill 16, I looked at the forecast and it was for light showers, these were the thunderiest light showers I ever witnessed! Still hanging from the celebrations!!!

• Like 1

Posted

Well folks we are well in to September now and the upcoming Autumn/Winter season is under way. Things looking pretty promising with regards to sea temperatures etc. Will be see a harsh winter or will we see the normal Atlantic train. Gut feeling telling me that we could be in for a colder than average winter but then again my gut tells me every September that we are going to get a cold winter. Lol. Anyway as always time will tell and am sure there will be many ups and downs plus copious amounts of Prozak and i also patiently await to see what our friend Frosty will reincarnate himself as this year.  :rofl:  :cold:    :D

• Like 2

Posted

The nights are starting to draw in now at a pace. Looking like a pleasant weekend which I will take with open arms. Apart from Ronan anyone else have early thoughts on this coming Winter. I have a sneaky suspicion that those of us with a bit of height could do well, especially the more north and west.

Posted

I'm in the 70 percent above average chance of a colder Winter chance Pom. We are already seeing higher than normal pressure at Northern latitudes for the time of year which is I believe is being driven by El Nino and the well below average N Atlantic SST's.

I think a more Southerly jet stream is likely with a higher than normal chance of decent heights over Greenland.

You will always get Snow though Pom, living as you do about 8000 feet!

• Like 2

Posted

Evening all,

Been reading through quite a few posts getting a bit of a catch up.

We really haven't had much excitement or anything to talk about weather wise for a few months.

No real storms or heavy rain, winds or heat or anything. All a bit boring.

Looking forward to winter now, especially after getting wood burner in and some logs split.

Edited by Weegaz
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

It's starting to feel a bit nippy in the evenings and in mornings now. Time for the heating to go back on I think. I enjoy the darker evenings but it needs a bit of wind and rain to go with it :p

Posted

Another beautiful sunny day, max of 17.0C earlier, after a min of 6.5C. Cloud increasing a little now though.

Posted

Another beautiful day. Partly cloudy and 15.6C, might head out for a cycle!

Posted

was in pomeroy this eve at football match and the weather was great. wont be as warm about it in a few months time!

• Like 1

Posted

Another stunning day, 17.6C the max.

Posted

Minimum of 2.2C this morning, coldest of the Autumn. Climbing quickly now in the sunshine.

Dense fog lasted up until 1:00, the has dispersed to leave wall-to wall blue sky. Sadly, now that Winter is creeping in, I have a feeling that this lengthy sunshine will not come back until Tomorrow, then Spring