Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

It was interesting that about a week ago I read that that guy ken ring was predicting the chance of snow in ireland sometime between nov 18th-24th.

Posted

Who's Ken Ring Sundog?

He is a guy from new zealand who uses the cycles of the moon to predict the weather,he claims to be very accurate but is more often wrong then right. He may however be right on this occasion.

For what its worth here were his thoughts on the winter to come.

http://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=9&rct=j&q=ken%20ring%20predictd%20snow%20nov%202015&ved=0CC8QFjAIahUKEwjhtLSQn5LJAhUFwA4KHQ7wApA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.independent.ie%2Firish-news%2Fwhite-christmas-unlikely-but-snow-could-fall-up-to-may-2016-34158857.html&usg=AFQjCNFkO18vjkuFfMKNC69SmP1Y1tsUjw

Edited by sundog

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

It was interesting that about a week ago I read that that guy ken ring was predicting the chance of snow in ireland sometime between nov 18th-24th.

Please don't give that guy any credence. I tried to discuss things with him before, but he's literally just making stuff up. In his "weather" book he makes loads of utterly absurd claims, like the Pacific Ocean being created by the collision that formed the moon. Where he explains his methods, he says all of his predictions should be taken with leeway of a few days either side of the dates he gives, which means that any snow, anywhere in the second half of November he would used as a 100% accurate prediction.

But even worse, to give an idea of this guys scientific mindset, before he decided to scam people with his "weather forecasts", Ken was a "psychic", who co-authored a book on palmistry for cats. No joke, here's the link: Pawmistry: How to Read Your Cat's Paws

• Like 3

Posted

Just had a quick look at next Saturday's GFS charts, I thought after reading through the model discussion forum we in the north would do a bit better.

Hopefully time for upgrades over the next few days.

Still looking considerably colder

Posted

Really liking the look of things for this coming weekend. Lovely chart below from this mornings 06z with disturbances in the flow and -8 uppers in place. Doubt we will get anything substantial but for November this is great. Hopefully more upgrades in the coming days.

post-1251-0-98843400-1447684718_thumb.pn

• Like 2

Posted

With this showing for Saturday I thought this forum would be in full swing.

post-21413-0-55783400-1447757045_thumb.p

Looks like us in the North will miss today's feature apart from the miserable rain.

• Like 1

Posted

Nice one Weegaz. First snow symbols of the season on the Met Office/BBC sites for Carryduff.

I'm hoping for an upgrade on precipitation amounts. 5-10cm over the weeken would be marvellous, more likely 3-5cm though.

Posted

The wind is quite strong here now, wheelie bins sliding across the road, branches and leaves flying around. Interesting at least.

Posted

Same here BFTV, wild out there. Some storm damage occuring in Dublin city with roads being closed too. Looking forward to the forecast on RTE news on Friday evening now!!!

Posted

Same here BFTV, wild out there. Some storm damage occuring in Dublin city with roads being closed too. Looking forward to the forecast on RTE news on Friday evening now!!!

The wind has gotten quite a bit worse here during the last 2 hours, easily the stormiest conditions of Autumn so far. Shannon Airport has reported a gust of 127km/h, with gusts inland reaching over 110km/h!

Posted

Here's hoping MS, I wonder what our chances are for a seasonal December? Hope that comes to pass Weegaz!!

The polar vortex is taking some early season hits and troposphericly is distorted.

Talk of an early December SSW which would mean fun and games for the Christmas holidays.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Well Guys, back again for the winter season. We had some weekend of rain there in west Tyrone. Some of the rivers running through Omagh nearly breached the bridges throughout the town centre. On Friday afternoon a huge lighting bolt struck very close to my car (thunder arrived within a second) between Dromore and Omagh (just before the Belleek turnoff) happened to have window down slightly and could feel the shock wave. Closest I have been to a strike. Phenomenal power.

Looking good for the weekend re snow and the model/strat thread looking interesting for the coming weeks. Although we had a great winter '14/'15 overall in terms of regular, heavy snow in our area.

Edited by Sperrin
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Heard whisperings of snow so I have come back :D. Just been in the US and Canada for two weeks so missed all that rain as I only got back yesterday afternoon. Today has been miserable though! There's only sleet on the BBC website for me so far but hoping that may change. Keeping a close eye on the models anyway.

• Like 1

Posted

That was an interesting drive to the gym this morning. Rain was pretty incredible. Certainly can't say the weather has been dull lately.

Posted

The 06z brings the all too familiar downgrades, with a nice big mild sector and 850hPa values of >-5C across most of the island on Saturday...

Posted

Heavy rain early this morning then it got brighter with some sunshine,now some showers about and very blustery.

As for the weekend I always thought it would probably be just a short run of the mill nov cold snap. I'm looking forward to it all the same. Hoping for a nice bright and crisp weekend with hopefully my first air frost of the season.

Posted

Torrential rain/hail shower just passed. Very intense showers for so late in the year today