Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted

Today sums up Summer.

Nice morning. Went to local Summer fair and have just been drenched.

Good bye and good riddance Summer 2015.

I hear ya brother! Cycling home from work tonight, after a very pleasant day, and the heavens opened with a thundery downpour of biblical proportions... Drenched! Squelched my way home after that!

Hopes for Autumn? A respite from this 5h1t3 would be lovely!

Edited by Rocheydub

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

I hope everyone is keeping well! What a rubbish summer that was. Grey and miserable with only warmish temperatures for these parts. Nothing to write home about at all. I went to Germany and it ended up I was there in between two heatwaves...rained three of the five days and had a storm warning that cancelled two of the outdoor stages at the festival I was attending. Would only be me haha!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

I got burnt a few times, all in the April-June period though!

Posted

It's been a pretty poor summer overall though. Saying that, May and June were quite nice, and September hasn't been too bad so far. We seem to have avoided most of the showers in recent days, and nights haven't been as cool as I thought.

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

It wasnt a great summer but i thought june was decent enough. Became a dad (for the 2nd time) in mid june so i was kind of hoping for a cool summer. Probably sounds a bit OTT but i didnt want a newborn sweltering in hot weather over the summer if we had got heatwaves etc, not that i am too fond of hot weather anyway. Dont think the summer was as bad as the likes of 2007 or 2012.

• Like 4

Posted

It wasnt a great summer but i thought june was decent enough. Became a dad (for the 2nd time) in mid june so i was kind of hoping for a cool summer. Probably sounds a bit OTT but i didnt want a newborn sweltering in hot weather over the summer if we had got heatwaves etc, not that i am too fond of hot weather anyway. Dont think the summer was as bad as the likes of 2007 or 2012.

Congrats sundog!

Looks like one of the most summer like weeks of the year coming up. Temps forecast to be in the mid to high teens most days.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

I only used it the once but I covered my 8 year old in it any day the sun even peaked through as it's strong in summer. Better safe than sorry.

Posted

Enjoy the nice weather, autumn looks like it's introducing itself this weekend...

Posted

Aye Rochey, wet and windy from Saturday, just like erm....Summer.

Even the dry weather the last wee while has been without sunshine, endless thick cloud.

Posted

Very nice weather. Max of 20.1C earlier. Currently 18.8C with a brisk breeze and mostly blue skies.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
Congrats sundog!

Thank you BFTV

A very nice day here today like other parts,plenty of sunshine. Max temp 18.4c.

Edited by sundog

Posted

Things sounding quite bad for the south tonight and tomorrow. From Met Eireann:

Tonight

Heavy persistent rain developing in the southwest and west tonight, with spot flooding. The rain will very gradually edge eastwards overnight

Tomorrow

Likely to be an extremely wet start, with heavy incessant falls through the day, leading to treacherous driving conditions and causing impaired visibility. Surface water and spot flooding are highly likely. A clearance may eventually develop in the west later in the evening. Elsewhere the rain will be relentless possibly turning even heavier, with further high volumes possible, again with spot further flooding.

An interesting 36 hours or so coming up!

Posted

Still bright and light skies overhead here. Looking at the radar, it will be here before tea time... Slowly edging eastwards. There is some intensity in the rain in the SW.

Posted

Currently just 9.6C with moderate rain. Max so far of 10.2C and a min of 7.8C.

Very likely to be the coolest day of Autumn so far.

Posted

Stopped raining for about 30 mins, but more on the way... Currently 9.1C, so unlikely to beat the 10.2C max from earlier. Pretty miserable day!