Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

What a lovely summers day today lol. Dull,wet and with the temp currently at 12.4c on a july afternoon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Torrential rain about an hour ago, dry now with the cloud breaking up a little, currently 15.9C.

Yesterday was an ideal summers day for the most part. Spent much of it in Ardmore, the sunshine and light winds made it feel quite comfortable, even warm at times. Rain later in the evening though

Posted

No sign of any settling down in the weather for the next three weeks.

Could this be the worst Summer on record in terms of number of days of rain?

Posted

No sign of any settling down in the weather for the next three weeks.

Could this be the worst Summer on record in terms of number of days of rain?

Maybe it was a different case in the north, but in the south and east, June was remarkably dry and sunny with only a handful of rainy days.

http://www.met.ie/climate/MonthlyWeather/clim-2015-Jun.pdf

Posted

I think there has been a distinct North/South divide Born, both here in Ireland and the British mainland.

The locale of the Atlantic troughing has resulted in the North and West bearing the brunt with the more Southern and Eastern areas faring better.

Posted

June was a good month down here, and I had a lovely few dry warm days in in Down in early July too, but since then, it's been a complete washout! The last few days have been cool, grey and very wet!

Posted

If you'd asked me 2 weeks ago, I'd have said this was a good summer so far, thanks to a good May, June and few days early in July. But the last 3 weeks or more have been quite miserable.

So I guess it's down to August now, which I suspect will be quite cool, especially a the nights grow longer and those cool SSTs that are engulfing us begin exert more of an influence

Posted

Born we had a very poor May up here, June was a bit better and some of July but on the whole it has been a very poor summer. I see some talk in the press about a heat wave for August (I know!!!) please God may they be right and not just for the weeble end of England

Posted

No sign of a heatwave anywhere in the UK and Ireland Pom, maybe the odd warm/hot day in the South East of England.

An upper trough is set to become established close to the North West of Ireland so no sign at all of the weather settling down in the next two to three weeks.

Awful.

Derry (NW Ireland) has not got any temperature over sixteen degrees lately. I woke up to find that I could see my own breath. I can't see August being any better.

Temperatures this week have been considerably low, fourteen to fifteen degrees cloud and showers, considerably chilly. 

Posted

Coldest July for 20 years in Norn Iron !!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-33757981

. No surprise there, poor May, decent June in terms of very dry - but cool and then a truly dreadful July. Some of my Mediterranean type plants are suffering, roses are abundant but some rot before opening, 16 c just doesn't do it for me in July. If I survive another 20 of these summers I'll be moving 10 months a year to the med. I'll come home for our May to June summer so sell garden furniture and BBQ's to the eternally hopeful of us that expect the odd summer evening during July August

Posted

Met Eireann overview of July, no real surprises. http://www.met.ie/climate/MonthlyWeather/clim-2015-Jul.pdf

ll monthly mean air temperatures were below their LTA (Long-Term Average) with most stations reporting deviations from normal of -1.0°C or more. Differences from LTA were as much as -2.1°C at Markree (mean temperature of 13.0°C) and at Ballyhaise (mean temperature of 13.5°C) both having their coldest July conditions in seven and eight years, respectively. Claremorris had a monthly mean temperature of 13.1°C (-1.8°C from LTA), its coldest July since 1965 and its third coldest July since records began in 1950. Other stations at Cork Airport, Johnstown Castle, Mullingar and Shannon Airport all reported their coldest July since 1988.

Posted

. I'll come home for our May to June summer so sell garden furniture and BBQ's to the eternally hopeful of us that expect the odd summer evening during July August

I gave up buying flower/plants a couple of years ago, probably save £150-£200 a year. It always amazes me when I see people out buying flora and fauna over here, the quesiton has to be why? as you don't get the chance to enjoy it.

I've started paving over my lawn as well as it's always saturated and the kids playing on it turns it into a bog.

Derry

Current Temperature (give-take 0.5C) 15.3C

Maximum Temperature Today: 15-16C

Average for August: 17-19C

Overcast cloud, spits of rain (Not enough to wet the ground) Cold breeze.

Update: Quarter of my plants outside have drowned.

Posted

Low of 5.6C this morning, currently just 8.4C. I reckon we could see frost by the end of the month.