Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

The last few days have been quite nice here. One or 2 heavy showers yesterday, but mostly bright and warm otherwise.

Posted

Agreed Pom, more blue skies the last few days than most of July. A decent temperature range here yesterday too, 6.2C up to 22.7C.

Currently 16.9C and partly cloudy skies. Looks like another good one.

• Like 1

Beautiful couple of days, nice temperatures and skies.

PS. Sorry for the orange clouds. It was too bright for my camera to handle so I edited the brightness and contrast so you could atleast see them.

AVi5sU6.jpg

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

Today was one of the better days this summer. Plenty of sunshine with a max temp of 23.0c.

Posted

What a wash out yesterday was, yeah seen that Ronan, I would say it is a bit of political brinkmanship. Although the meto have to pay for that new super computer somehow and maybe upped their costs to the BBC thinking they where a shoein to get, who knows!!

Posted

Yeah it hasn't been a good at all Pom. No doubt they will still be involved in many ways. Won't be long now until our focus shifts to the upcoming winter. Already plenty of speculation and to how it will pan out giving the strength of El Nino. I'm definitely hoping for a cold and snowy one.

Edited by ronan

Posted

Some serious rain last night, heaviest and most persistent I've seen in months.

Posted

Yes the rain was very heavy last night ,judging by the sound on my attic velux window.

A bright morning so far here aftar all that rain last night and yesterday.

Edited by sundog

Posted

Looks like not a bad start to the autumn,mostly dry and cool. I would like the autumn to be mostly like that overall but with a colder then normal atlantic perhaps we could get some big storms later on in the season. Something to keep an eye on.

• Like 1

Posted

The composite for this September, based on sea ice and solar trends, that I posted in the Autumn thread a few weeks back.

ZE6RVQU.png

The latest models seem keen on a mid Atlantic high for the first week of the month. Of course, a powerful El Nino could ruin any comparisons with previous years.

• Like 2

Posted

thank god this charade of a summer is over. roll on the dark evenings and the cold!