Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzards and frost.

orange alert out for strong winds tonight. over 110kmh gust western coasts and 80-110kmh gusts for the rest of the country.

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

Whats happening on tues and wed reminds me a bit of what happened on feb 11th and 12th last yr. A very chilly day with some sleet/snow showers about followed by a big storm the next day.

Posted

What's the feeling about this week, a lot of cold weather but will we see much snow falling?

Posted

I think Tuesday looks the best day for seeing some snow,especially the north and west,i wouldnt be too optimistic about myself seeing some though but im hopeful.

Atm it looks like the southern half of the country will be worst hit by the storm on wed.

• Like 2

Posted

For once I might avoid the worst of the wind IMBY looks to be hitting a bit further south this time more likely to cause disruption!

Posted

Hope it downgrades for ye Sundog, extreme storms are good for nobody

After last winters storms i hope so too ,sick of storms after last winter,especially when they blew down and destroyed many of my fence panels.

• Like 2

Posted

As posted by Ian F in the Model thread, snow shower intensity for Tuesday

the further north and west one is the better for snow according to that pom.

Edited by stormforce 10
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Looking good for us is Mid Tyrone. Had a look through the forecast models and most of them have us in -8 uppers at 1pm on Tuesday. No wonder the BBC forecast has us barely scraping 1 degree in the afternoon.

I am a complete novice, but looking ahead to the storm on Wednesday/Thursday. The models still showing cold uppers. What's the chances the heavy precipitation associated with that massive low could fall as snow?

• Like 3

Posted

Yup that's how I see it too Storm, plenty of time for upgrades and downgrades.

I;m guessing it will be fairly nailed come the morning?

• Like 1

Posted

Going by the countryfile weather forecast it could be very interesting for snow on Wednesday Sperrin. Especially in the West and Midlands of ireland earlier then perhaps up our way and eastern Ireland later. Fingers crossed. Tuesday looking good though :)

Looking good for you on Tuesday Wednesday I would like to think Storm

• Like 2

Posted

exciting times ahead. ecm looks good for continuing polar maritime flow, so more oppurtunities for snow.

wind is really picking up here again.

• Like 2

Posted

Bbc forecast looking very good Tuesday and Wednesday for snow, if no downgrades in the morning probably another warning, hopefully more warranted than Saturdays!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Bbc forecast looking very good Tuesday and Wednesday for snow, if no downgrades in the morning probably another warning, hopefully more warranted than Saturdays!

Their report from 9pm showed much more intensive (and prolonged)snow on Tuesday compared to what they had forecast for Saturday. Plus, looking at the models, the upper atmosphere temperatures appear to be colder.

Even more exciting is they appear to tentatively suggesting the heavy precipitation associated with Wednesday's storm could turn to snow. That could really pile up the levels!

Looks like it's due to start tomorrow evening, won't get anything done in work now tomorrow with forecast watching!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

The wind has really picked up here, though it's quite mild, 7.4C.

An interesting spell of weather to say the least. Near record mild temps and some stormy conditions, and possiblly snow and another big storm, all in about a week!

• Like 3

Posted

Well that was a wild night got woken up around 3 am with the wind and rain

I;ll second that, couldn't get to sleep last with the wind and rain bashing of my window. i think the met folk are slightly under rating these wind storms.

• Like 1

Posted

that storm looks nasty on thursday. just had a peep at the charts and we seem to be right in the firing line.