Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted

Na Pom think the could be some snow associated with the storm. It seems complex to me and until the track of the storm is known then forecasts will continue to be reluctant in the detail. I expect warnings for snow from the meto very soon as later today and especially tomorrow could be very snowy for some.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Already snow falling here in Omagh (approx 90m asl). Looking good for this evening into tomorrow.

• Like 2

Posted

Sweet Ronan any areas in particular, say for example Pomeroy

Your nearer the Atlantic than me Pom, so the snow showers have less chance of fading before reaching you.

Tomorrow will be a bitterly cold day with snow showers even to lower levels in the North and West. The South and East of Ulster will be mainly dry and cold but with a few wintry shower too.

Wednesday see the Atlantic move in with perhaps a brief period of snow over the hills before turning back to rain. The wind will be picking up for the Thursday storm, with widespread gales.

As ths storm moves away, the colder air will move back in with the chance of wintry showers from late Thursday right through the weekend with night frosts.

• Like 1

Posted

Not expecting to see much precip on this side of the island, but what does fall, should have a whiter shade of pale to it!!!

The storm Wed night- Thurs interests me greatly, very dangerous. Expecting nationwide orange warning with maybe a red in exposed coasts.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

post-6445-0-91624900-1421068910_thumb.gipost-6445-0-87250000-1421068935_thumb.gi

Edited by sundog
  • Like 2

Posted

I love the anticipation of a snow event even more than the snow because unfortunately in my part of the world it never lives up to my expectation! But here's hoping for once it does!!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Ferries to Cape Clear cancelled today, so staying with relatives in Clonakilty tonight, then getting the ferry in the morning.

Looks like the worst of the winds are now forecast for the north, but it should still be interesting Wednesday and Thursday.