Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted

Those disheartened read Matthew Hugo's tweetNext 6 to 12 hours peak time for increased snow shower activity in the N and W as a marked trough moves in... 29m ago

To my eye this will significantly increase 'activity' thus allowing many of you to see some white stuff :wink:

always welcome on this board Daniel, top marks :)
  • Like 2

Posted

always welcome on this board Daniel, top marks :)

Cheers mate I like to keep up the positivity going even if it will have no affect in my part of the world, it keeps me on my toes. I'm 10% Irish so I have that slight connection. Thanks for being welcoming.:good:
  • Like 3

Posted

The northwest...as in Scotland. There's nothing of note more than what's there already for Ireland. Conditions were never there for a proper snow setup. Too much low level modification took place and it's too windy for any real cooling at the surface. 850 temperatures and 500-1000 thicknesses are not the most important factors to look at when it comes to marginal situations.

Some more snow above 150-200 m but don't expect much any lower down.

Edited by Su Campu

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Plenty of wintry showers here today, but no snow. Currently 1.8C, with moderate sleet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Lying snow here in Loughmacrory. Looking at the radar there appears to be a significant cluster of showers heading straight at us in mid Tyrone.

• Like 3

Posted

Just went outside. Its very cold but the snow is melting. Its that type of wet snow. Looked back at some photos from January of last year and we had the same type of snow on the 18th. Snowman building not lookin good for the morning

post-11446-0-13224000-1420924226_thumb.j

Posted

It's snowing quite heavy here now and lying!! All the wife has done is stare through the window....if it gets any heavier I'm gonna have to let her in!!

• Like 5

Posted

Hail/sleet/snow mix just passed here. The hail stuck for a short while at least!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy

We've had wintry showers here all day but nothing heavy or long. Haven't been able to look outside since 8 when I started work but I'm on until 8 in the morning so plenty of time to watch outside lol the only thing is there is no good lamp posts outside the home to lamp post watch.

• Like 2

Posted

snowing and trying to lay here at minute .neillier dont leave our forum mate, we need everyone we can get on here.up tyrone to the rest.lol

• Like 3

Posted

Odd sleety shower, on and off. Still windy. We're about 700ft up on the side of a hill, facing north. Can still see the sky through the roof windows so no blowout here yet.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy

All night snow hunt nearly over and not a flake seen but I did see some during the day so not all lost lol. Here's to hoping for something next week

• Like 1

Posted

No snow stuck here, but the Galtees got a half decent covering.

Looking at that storm on Wednesday (still there and looking strong on the models) I might take some time out to spend at my sisters on Cape Clear this week. Anemometer and camera to the ready of course!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

Everything but the kitchen sink thrown at us this coming week,a storm,rain,hail,snow,sleet,thunderstorms,frost ,ice etc

Dont know if my location will see much in the way of wintry weather this week,havent seen a single flake of snow so far this winter but i suppose this week will be my best chance.

Would love a proper cold spell but lets see who gets what this week.

Edited by sundog
  • Like 1