Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm and convective discussion 7th July Onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

I think I will see 100mm of rain, hazelnut sized hail with isolated walnuts sized hail, thunder louder than a jumbo jet and 100 flashes per second! Oh! no mass hysteria then everything is fine and dandy! :oops:

Exacta weather is that way ------->

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Quite. I think we've gone from a situation whereby we were looking at 2-3 days of severe storm potential to something more dilute and scattered. Given past situations you'd have to back the GFS.

Hmm well it appears that it was the worst performer for Thursday nights event, pushing it north east as opposed to north west like the others which is now agreed on. The weekend looks complex given that we could easily see a shallow low become cut off near the UK which would spark some interest. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

A long way off but potential fireworks Friday night into Saturday, with loads of energy for a convergence zone to tap into across Wales the Midlands and Southeast England and East Anglia. As always with these secnarios, it generally goes down to the wire!!! :rofl:  :closedeyes:  :nonono:

post-6830-0-58780900-1405443927_thumb.pn

post-6830-0-07836600-1405443968_thumb.pn

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

I'm actually interested about the storms more this time as got a family member flying back from the states early Saturday morning, and a little concerned about any bad turbulence these potential storms may cause.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Exacta weather is that way ------->

Talking of Exacta, here is James Madmans take on the heatwave/storms!

TURNING VERY HOT NEXT WEEK + THUNDERSTORMS - AS FORECAST 3/4 WEEKS AHEAD

As we progress throughout next week it will become progressively hotter and drier across the country for a number of days as hot air builds in from the south of the country. The high pressure over northern Europe that brought maximum temperatures of 27.5C on Saturday in parts of the south/London and the low pressure over the Atlantic, should now allow for some even warmer air to be siphoned in across he UK and Ireland. By the mid to end part of next week we could be looking at temperatures nearing towards or in excess of 30C (86F), in particular in some parts of southern England. There is also an 'outside chance' that maximum temperatures could climb to as high as 35C (95F) in some parts to the south and east of the country.

However, as always with this type of set-up there is the ever increasing and likely risk for a breakdown to some quite vigorous and widespread thunderstorm activity, once we have seen this surge of intense heat extend northwards. It will also become somewhat cooler and fresher afterwards, but it will still be remaining on the warm side and feeling pleasant in any periods of developing sunshine (just not as hot), in particular, in some parts to the south of the country.

Hurry everyone! He has a midsummer weekly forecast subscription sale! :rofl:

• Like 5

Posted

All bets are off for tomorrow's Express lead story. What do you think he'll go for? 35oC? 100oF? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Britain set to bake in temperatures AS HOT AS THE SUN in mega heatwave......and it's due to last until DECEMBER!

• Like 6

Posted

Britain set to bake in temperatures AS HOT AS THE SUN in mega heatwave......and it's due to last until DECEMBER!

:rofl: By which time Blizzards will send the mercury plummeting to -60c -61 in the shade and snow will blanket Britain until June!

• Like 2

*digs out Factor 1000 suncream*

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

post-15172-0-55671100-1405446914_thumb.g

• Like 3

Posted

All bets are off for tomorrow's Express lead story. What do you think he'll go for? 35oC? 100oF? 

Don't forget the triple-core F5 tornado's and grapefruit sized hail. :laugh:

• Like 2

Posted

I can predict that The Express will have some Stormaggedon type headline for sure but can we discuss the storm potential not the predicable tabloid sensation please?

Pop over to banter is you want to have a dig at the tabloids, I won't put anyone on the naughty step

Edited by Cakie
  • Like 3

Posted

Much more confident, 31c shown on the forecast for Friday a definite upgrade, surely this will spark of some intense thunderstorms. So far we have not had that hot element F5 tornado to flatten London :help:

Edited by Daniel*

Posted

Not sure if this has been mentioned but BBC Weather has tweeted that from now on the 21:55 weather forecast on the news channel will be a 5 day forecast and a 6-10 day 'trend' forecast.

Should be interesting given the now-casting nature of thunderstorms. I'm sure they'll be alot of hesitation/uncertainty, with reliatively brief but broad reaching comments regarding the extent of anything electrical. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Much more confident, 31c shown on the forecast for Saturday a definite upgrade, surely this will spark of some intense thunderstorms. So far we have not had that hot element F5 tornado to flatten London :help:

I don't think London will be happy with the weekend storms,,,

post-6830-0-39929900-1405447980_thumb.jp

Posted

Much more confident, 31c shown on the forecast for Friday a definite upgrade, surely this will spark of some intense thunderstorms. So far we have not had that hot element F5 tornado to flatten London :help:

All joking aside, I have sometimes wondered if a tornado would be at all possible in London, given the microclimate and proximity to the coast. I remember how surprising the Brum one a few years back was.

Posted

All joking aside, I have sometimes wondered if a tornado would be at all possible in London, given the microclimate and proximity to the coast. I remember how surprising the Brum one a few years back was.

There was a tornado a few miles from me in London in 2006! http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/6217514.stm

Posted

I urge anyone who takes their bike to work in London to take caution over the next few days...

Posted Image

:rofl:

• Like 1

Posted

Or anyone commuting into London....

That's just the normal commute on the tube.....

• Like 1