Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm and convective discussion 7th July Onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

I'm expecting 24hours of raging storms ,chase gear ready ,camera ,check ,burgers ,check ,case of beer ,check ,deckchair ,check, I'm ready !!!.......

You forgot your umbrella!

Posted

It's probably thundering in Lincolnshire  now! :laugh:

we do share occasions honest  :good::D  :angel:

Hopefully this going widespread say somewhere saturday everybody on the action

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Latest ECM.

If this is to be, its going to be stifling hot. Some incredible storms look possible with this too, particularly with the destabilisation of the theta-e plume. 

post-17277-0-27842300-1405362907_thumb.g

• Like 1

Posted

we do share occasions honest  :good::D  :angel:

Hopefully this going widespread say somewhere saturday everybody on the action

Off topic sorry, but what about snow, do you get a lot of that?

Posted
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.

Its hard not to get excited when you see the charts but speaking from experience Bristol has to be one of the worst places to live if you want Thunderstorms.No matter what the setup we always miss out as storms either pass us or approach us active then become non active as they pass over then become active again once clear of Bristol.I really hope this is not the case this time around but wouldn't be surprised if this is the case.Had a belter of a storm last July and would love something like that again but experience has a slight lead over excitement.Hopefully my negative feeling will be thrown out and Mother Nature delivers.Sorry to be negative towards this but I am only speaking from experience.

There are definatly parts of the uk that are 'storm killers' and other areas that enjoy what seems like endless potential.This is clearly not scientific,but something i have seen happen.Example one.Hastings.Always a good bet for a summer import,or something generated nearer to home.Example two.SE London.Hopeless,i have seen storms die within 20 miles of here and then regenerate once clear of this area on numerous occasions.You can be certain that anything storm wise that looks to be on a "collision course" will find a way to divert or die.I have puzzled over reasons,the close proximity of the thames? Certain wind directions,the approach to a big city?Its certainly not a thunder free zone,but i am sure anti thunderstorm forces are at work here!
  • Like 2

Posted

:yahoo:

I'm just dreading the inevitable headlines from the usual newspaper....my guess is something along the lines of.... "Killer storms set to ravage Britain....Britain is about to experience its worst storms in a generation, with frequent lightning, baseball sized hailstones, flash floods and powerful tornados set to ravage the country. The storms will follow the strongest heatwave ever recorded with temperatures set to top 100F across Southern England and as high as 90F in the Shetland Isles...."....you read it here first :rofl:

If he ever got it right the next edition will be I told you for years nobody ever listened :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

A quick announcement.....

yes, some of you know what I'm about to type, but for those who don't, hold on to your hats, don't stand in open fields near isolated trees, don't listen to Carol Kirkwood in case she mentions the word 'Humdingers' because.......

El Apocalypso is coming!!

Edited by ajpoolshark
  • Like 7

Posted

here very rare has to be from scandinavia/russia then we get fun cold snaps but atlantic seems rarely come turns to sleet or rain.   However wolds gets fare share snow. But that seems barrier for my location.

Posted

yes, some of you know what I'm about to type, but for those who don't, hold on to your hats, don't stand in open fields near isolated trees, don't listen to Carol Kirkwood in case she mentions the word 'Humdingers' because.......

To a place in Eastern England beginning with L

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

nah, Lyneham's in Wiltshire  :wink:

Edited by ajpoolshark
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Lowestoft :p

nothing ever happened there, well except El Chavo  :rofl:

• Like 2

Posted

There are definatly parts of the uk that are 'storm killers' and other areas that enjoy what seems like endless potential.This is clearly not scientific,but something i have seen happen.Example one.Hastings.Always a good bet for a summer import,or something generated nearer to home.Example two.SE London.Hopeless,i have seen storms die within 20 miles of here and then regenerate once clear of this area on numerous occasions.You can be certain that anything storm wise that looks to be on a "collision course" will find a way to divert or die.I have puzzled over reasons,the close proximity of the thames? Certain wind directions,the approach to a big city?Its certainly not a thunder free zone,but i am sure anti thunderstorm forces are at work here!

thanks for this information.   I always wondered why areas stronger.   I have also thought, could there be also a possibilty storms develop west uk drift east before fully developed net result east side looks the mecca of storms just because the jet stream pushes it that way mostly.

yes, some of you know what I'm about to type, but for those who don't, hold on to your hats, don't stand in open fields near isolated trees, don't listen to Carol Kirkwood in case she mentions the word 'Humdingers' because.......Wednesdays express headline ?....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Lincolnshire does bloody damn well with the snow too I can assure you. Parts of lincs had several feet of snow in the 2010 December

Posted

thanks for this information.   I always wondered why areas stronger.   I have also thought, could there be also a possibilty storms develop west uk drift east before fully developed net result east side looks the mecca of storms just because the jet stream pushes it that way mostly.

A valid point as far as 'home grown storms' go,they do tend to mature over eastern counties.This of course doesn't add up here in SE London,time and again a mature storm will get within 30 miles of us (look amazing on the net weather radar) then either fizzle out as it crosses us or after fizzling re generate to our east or northeast!,not just storms but heavy showers too.The last sweet spot here for 'interesting weather' was Febuary 2013 when snow from the SE just would not die out after a 24hr snowfall,we were the last area in the SE of England to lose the snow falling that day/night.Such a weather geek!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Bloody jinxed it now !!!!!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Latest ECM. If this is to be, its going to be stifling hot. Some incredible storms look possible with this too, particularly with the destabilisation of the theta-e plume.

That is without question the best chart I have seen for some time, depicting a classic Spanish plume. If that materialises widespread thunderstorm activity appears almost inevitable as it is so textbook...let's keep our fingers crossed :D
  • Like 1

Posted

I'd be quite happy to take this Theta-e chart on the actual day :D I'll keep it tucked away to compare with on Friday..

Posted ImageRmgfs849.gif

Again, that deep orange plume...Classic Spanish plume with hopefully steering winds in a favourable direction :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

I think Friday night would be a perfect time for a BBQ.  :yahoo:

Posted

Sorry to break this to you but Carol already used the "H" word regarding the end of the week on Breakfast this morning. However, it's a long way off and I think it resets every 24 hours so we should be ok :)

I am free to chase Thursday evening/night but would then have to face work on Friday having had very little sleep, which is not a problem if I get the rewards. I am then free Friday evening/night to chase.

Edited by Supacell

Posted

Sorry to break this to you but Carol already used the "H" word regarding the end of the week on Breakfast this morning. However, it's a long way off and I think it resets every 24 hours so we should be ok :)

I didn't hear it, so I'm good...lol

Bloody jinxed it now !!!!!!!!

nah, only for you  :wink:

• Like 3

Posted

Sorry to break this to you but Carol already used the "H" word regarding the end of the week on Breakfast this morning. However, it's a long way off and I think it resets every 24 hours so we should be ok :) I am free to chase Thursday evening/night but would then have to face work on Friday having had very little sleep, which is not a problem if I get the rewards. I am then free Friday evening/night to chase.

Carol is talking about me again??? Was meant to be our little secret...we'll be 'avin words!:rofl:
  • Like 3