Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and Lincolnshire - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted

A band of light showers passing over West Yorkshire now. Annoying as I'm in the gap, and it's looking fairly dry behind this light band.

Posted

Come back from the mod thread and 18z not too good but I got this nagging feeling everythings too far east.

one or two light showers inbound.

Harsh,irish sea coming to life now?

There's the odd echo popping up that's caught my eye, hopefully this will expand and become more widespread! Still not enough happening to expect much iminantly..

• Like 1

Posted

A band of light showers passing over West Yorkshire now. Annoying as I'm in the gap, and it's looking fairly dry behind this light band.

Yeh me and you in gap :wallbash:

Posted

Excellent GFS 18z for our region. Won't talk about intimidate snow prospects as Harsh Climate and Cheese rice cover this nicely. I would urge caution with regards to Tuesdays precipitation. I am of the opinion it will be much further west than progged on the 18z. Should the GFS 18z come off, 5-10cm widely seems possible. Although as stated, watch for westward corrections. The easterly, should it occur, will hopefully do wonders for our region. Again, taking the 18z, a few days of heavy show showers would occur. A good week coming up :)

E.g. > http://en.vedur.is/weather/forecasts/atlantic/#type=prec

Or perhaps not..

Precipitation seems likely to affect us as the models trend the low eastwards. Taking the 18z it will be a mixture of rain, sleet and snow (perhaps more of snow on the ECM). High ground looks to do well. Thereafter very uncertain, other than make the most of any snow over the next few days!

• Like 1

Posted

Looking at the bbc forecast though an occluded front is expected to push though in the next few hours, so it's just a matter of time before showers and streamers explode into action! I'm very confident.

• Like 3

Posted

Looking at the bbc forecast though an occluded front is expected to push though in the next few hours, so it's just a matter of time before showers and streamers explode into action! I'm very confident.

Good call Harsh Climate,thats what we're waiting for.I think them showers popping up  level with Barrow are the start of it.

Edited by joggs
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal weather but love snow

Everything seems to get to Yorkshire Region and stop or just turn to rain

What dies reach North lincs on bbc came up as rain!!!

And next week still looking like we may miss the action

Posted

Just going to be honest with you and say you will be lucky if you get  shower or two,good luck though.Thats just tonight and tom

Edited by joggs

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal weather but love snow

Yup

Needed that easterly that was showing yesterday for next week but that seems to have turned into a damp squib !!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold,snowy,frosty and thunderstorms

We need a streamer or two setting up like that in southern Scotland.

i thought thats what i saw on the radar.....yaaaaaay im learning lol 

• Like 2

Posted

Don't forget guys about tonight and tomorrow (don't ramp too much) that no snow will settle unless you have elevation above 200metres

well thats me screwed then, even if they do reach here, they wont settle! :( :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny (hate hot), severe thunderstorms, heavy snow, extreme cold

Seems to be a tiny bit of activity in the irish sea. in perfect alignment to hit my area, might be good.

Don't forget guys about tonight and tomorrow (don't ramp too much) that no snow will settle unless you have elevation above 200metres

I'm at 120m and have 0.5cm of settled snow from a shower a little while ago. Not melting at all either.

• Like 1

Posted

Half agree with that statement re tom,but most places who catch snow tonight that settle will be ok at under 200mts.

At my elevation we had a dusting at 6pm and its still here.

Just to add im about 70m abs.

Edited by joggs

Posted

could you explain why they wont tho, sorry still got a LOT to learn :)

Posted

Your wrong, I'm at a 100m and we already have a good icy dusting left from the earlier snow showers, with temps below freezing.

I think anywhere away from the coast above 50m should see 100% settling snow, perhaps even lower if showers are intense.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms

Well that is not coŕrect there is currently snow lying in Hillsborough which is one of the lowest places in Sheffield at around 50m ASL

• Like 1

Posted

Back to the radar, the occlusion is currently running right up the eastern side of ireland, you can see a distinctive line marking this disturbance with the thin line of showers about 50 miles off the west coast of wales, expect showers to start developing along this line and also more scattered ones ahead of it as the unstable air pushes east towards us. Wish I could take a pic of current radar to ilustrate this.

• Like 1

Posted

Back to the radar, the occlusion is currently running right up the eastern side of ireland, you can see a distinctive line marking this disturbance with the thin line of showers about 50 miles off the west coast of wales, expect showers to start developing along this line and also more scattered ones ahead of it as the unstable air pushes east towards us. Wish I could take a pic of current radar to ilustrate this.

:good:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny (hate hot), severe thunderstorms, heavy snow, extreme cold

I just had a quick look at the nwx model and its showing lots of activity for our area in the early hours.

• Like 1

Posted

Those reports are all very surprising from the parameters I'd looked at and from the met comments on tonight. Sounds like actual conditions are just on our side based on what different members are reporting. Based on that it could be an interesting early hours/morning as the occluded front looks in good shape from the radar I can see developing

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Think we're looking at around 4am now for any action looking at nwx model. P.s the gfs 18z is awful lets make most of this weekends fun and games guys.

Posted

We should definitely get beefier showers developing as Harsh Climate pointed out(irish sea to land).Just wish the developing ones heading south wales were up our way,could and maybe should come to fruition

Posted

Think we're looking at around 4am now for any action looking at nwx model. P.s the gfs 18z is awful lets make most of this weekends fun and games guys.

Yes poor run terrier but its the 18z and a lot of changes to come.